Manga are releaseing DBZ. 2+2 DOES equal 5!

Lawrence said:
On a similar note, apparently a few issues with licenses has put a kibosh on Manga's plans to announce them this week. Perhaps Jermone is speaking of DBZ when he says this.
Maybe Toei were pissed that the information was leaked early? From what I gather, Toei hate leaks.

Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
On a similar note, apparently a few issues with licenses has put a kibosh on Manga's plans to announce them this week. Perhaps Jermone is speaking of DBZ when he says this.
Maybe Toei were pissed that the information was leaked early? From what I gather, Toei hate leaks.
Which begs the question why Manga thoguht it would be a good idea to put an advert in a publication they must have known would be available to the public well before MCM.

Then again this is the same Manga that put X'AMD out on Blu Ray after making a name for themselves as "Those doods who fart out one volume on Blu Ray and then run off with your money" and expected to get anywhere.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
Which begs the question why Manga thoguht it would be a good idea to put an advert in a publication they must have known would be available to the public well before MCM.

Then again this is the same Manga that put X'AMD out on Blu Ray after making a name for themselves as "Those doods who fart out one volume on Blu Ray and then run off with your money" and expected to get anywhere.
Maybe it was a marketing ploy that backfired because Toei didn't like it?

Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
That reminds me - did someone remember to count his fingers?

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
Lawrence said:
That reminds me - did someone remember to count his fingers?
The way Manga's been fart arsing, it's a wonder he's got hands anymore.

Conan is so full of venom it always ends up making me feel sorry for Manga, even though they tend to annoy me too ^^;

Maybe this too is a cunning marketing technique! But...I doubt it.

R

Seems a little too cunning in a Baldrick kinda way to be deliberate. I'm not interested in the slightest in DBZ, but it is just a little retarded to put an advert for something in an expo brouchure and then deny it was ever there :D

Rui said:
Conan is so full of venom it always ends up making me feel sorry for Manga, even though they tend to annoy me too ^^;

Maybe this too is a cunning marketing technique! But...I doubt it.

R
I'll feel sorry for Manga when they actually deserve it.

alexrose1uk said:
it is just a little retarded to put an advert for something in an expo brouchure and then deny it was ever there :D
When they made the initial denial they had not seen the flier in question. After that they were in free fall.

Either they sent the wrong advert, they planned to announce it at the Expo and after the leak Toei got bullish. If the ad wasn't in the printed version either it had been pulled earlier and the wrong version of the flier was published online or it was going to be pulled prior to printing and they didn't realise that there would be an online version.

I agree with everything they said. At the very least, MangaUK could have just avoided all Dragonball related tweets (like how Junichi Masuda will comment to any tweet, except for ones relating to Black and White's third version)

But like I said, when they made the initial denial they weren't aware that there was a credible leak and at that point they were already between a rock and a hard place. Would you like to have both Conan-san and Toei after your gizzards?

Toei would explode if someone sneezed and it sounded like they said dragonball.

Me? Using the magic worlds "We have nothing to confirm or deny at this time" would have quelled the beast and prevented the nasty.

Back