Luna’s Adventures in English

Most naturally I would just say "but they" rather than specifying the exact part in that sentence ;)

Peel is the correct word for that part of the orange. It's not used much in general as a noun, but orange peel and lemon peel are frequently used terms.

R

Another one~

After the fact you can say "We've had a blast!" when you had a lot of fun. When, doing unreasonable, but fun stuff.

What to say before the fact? "Let's ______".
There is "Let's make some noise!", but that's more about being unreasonbly noisy. Which fits, if you are going to like smash some things up or follow your urges to destroy things.
There is also "Let's party!", but inevetably it concorts the image of a merry party.
Just "Let's have some fun!" sounds kind of weak in comparison, kind of lacking impact.
And "Let's have a blast" is nothing I think I've ever heard.

I don't think I've ever said something like that before the fact.

Edit - Not exactly helpful I know but it doesn't feel like something you would say. :confused:

Last edited:
Hmm... I have somethind in mind like, hard work's finished, you have absolution to do whatever ou want. People go and clasp/rub their hands in anticipation and then want to say something like what I asked for.

I just found "whoop it up". The second one "Man, I can't wait for the party tonight...We are going to WHOOP IT UP!!! oh yeah.." looks quite like it.
But I really have never ever heard of that expression.

I would probably wouldn't say anything before hand. And "Whoop it up" sounds like something a dumb American frat boy would say.
In fact being all hyped and shouting stuff like that is very American and the only time a Brit would do it is when quoting an American film when already having said fun, but not beforehand.

Evil?! First time I've heard that word described as evil. Very rude maybe, there are ruder ones (C***) and others that could be considered evil if you take into account the connotation and history (racial slurs).

I only use the f-bomb around people I know though. When I get angry or annoyed instead of the volume of my voice going up the amount of swears go up.

There is "Let's make some noise!", but that's more about being unreasonbly noisy. Which fits, if you are going to like smash some things up or follow your urges to destroy things.
There is also "Let's party!", but inevetably it concorts the image of a merry party.
Just "Let's have some fun!" sounds kind of weak in comparison, kind of lacking impact.
And "Let's have a blast" is nothing I think I've ever heard.
There's also the expression, to "let your hair down", meaning to cut loose and have a wild time.

How do you express anticipation beforehand then?
06Ym0Uj.gif

@Luna I don't know how much anime you watch in English (either dub or subs), but you'll likely pick up a few Americanisms. One I've seen a lot is "boonies" for the countryside. For example "I hate being stuck in the boonies". Whereas I would use "sticks"

Last edited:
Evil?! First time I've heard that word described as evil. Very rude maybe, there are ruder ones (C***) and others that could be considered evil if you take into account the connotation and history (racial slurs).
Well, I was introduced to this word as being evil in school and it kind of stuck. And it'd bad enough to be censored here (I think?). Well, though I did notice it pops up regularly in movies especially in R rated ones. My recent Taratino movies marathon made me think that there surely are people who must have thought of using the f-bomb for a drinking bingo game of sorts or so...
I mostly use freaking and sometimes frigging instead. And WTF are always WTH for me. If there every be there might be WTFH, but that's a what the freaking hell coming from me.
.... I might still be too naive. My knowledge of slurs is rather on the low side. @.@

The didn't get pummel into me that the S-word (s-bomb???) would be as evil though. Just very unsophisticated. I still wonder about the discrepancy.
What's that evil C word btw? I can't think of anything fitting into it. oo"

Yet another new vocabulary!

@Luna I don't know how much anime you watch in English (either dub or subs), but you'll likely pick up a few Americanisms. One I've seen a lot is "boonies" for the countryside. For example "I hate being stuck in the boonies". Whereas I would use "sticks"
Not so very much, I rather recently started watching English dubs.
My English is an absolute chaos.
We've had a teacher, she was very German English then one who was like all Queens English pronunciation and spelling but with zero pedagogical skills for 2 years, so nothing sunk in, then there was this Frenchwoman teacher with this total French English accent for two years and we've had a very enthusiastic and talented young teacher, who had studied in America, so all AE. But simultaneously to that I was reading a lot of classics, most from the Victorian era. Which was probably not the brightest idea to have. (We had been arguing a lot, because I was using "shall" and she crossed it out as a mistake, because she claimed it's a dead word. It's not really, at least I saw it being used so much afterwards, but duh. Reading world literature doesn't necessarily make your language better.)
After that came scientific papers and those feature easily the worst language skills in official publications you can find in the world.
The worst thing is, I didn't even realize that until some few years ago. The road to language salvation appears more tricky to me, than just learning it from scratch.

I think I've heard of boonies before. But definitely not of sticks. To me sticks are a snack, lol.

Back