Luna’s Adventures in English

Yeah the shape of a loop that has a third dimension like those would be a spiral.

Yeah, I wouldn't call them bridges. The first one looks like a footpath for people to walk on so I would call it a "spiral path" (I'm sure there's a more technical name for it)
The other 2 are for moving from one road to another, mainly on motorways (US: Freeways) and is called an "interchange".

Luna

Magical Girl
I was putting in the Black Butler Book of Atlantic movie.
Default is English dub, so I thought why not. Then I somehow got a total creeps-reaction.

Is that one of those infamous "there is nothing worse than Americans trying to be English" (or the like, not exactly sure of the quote) examples?

I was putting in the Black Butler Book of Atlantic movie.
Default is English dub, so I thought why not. Then I somehow got a total creeps-reaction.

Is that one of those infamous "there is nothing worse than Americans trying to be English" (or the like, not exactly sure of the quote) examples?
haven't seen the movie but you probably already know the faux british acting in anything is odd to us in blighty

Luna

Magical Girl
I'm not actually sure I know it, because it hadn't picked it up on shows which supposedly were faux previously.
I'm not actually sure about BB either. But I just got this creeps-reaction, so looking for possible reasons.

Pretty much any English dub gives me the creeps, even for American English voices - they never sound natural to me; they're typically full of forced or exaggerated emotions and awkward cadences, let alone poor accents or dialects, so they always tend to take me out of the story. I always cringe when having to listen to a dub, so I can only comfortably watch anime in Japanese with subtitles because of these issues. Alone I will solely watch anime in original language with subtitles with zero thought about ever using a dub. But, since I do show anime to a lot of my friends, I am forced to listen to English dubs fairly often, and it can sometimes be a painful experience!

Actually, the next door neighbor couple and another friend of mine are all visiting tonight to start the second half of Yamato 2199 in my theater, and I will be showing it in English for them. Fortunately the dub for that series has been fairly tolerable for me - plus I'll be making pitchers of margaritas for everyone and drinking heavily so it will dull my pain some, lol...

Last edited: