Luna’s Adventures in English

Yeah the shape of a loop that has a third dimension like those would be a spiral.

Yeah, I wouldn't call them bridges. The first one looks like a footpath for people to walk on so I would call it a "spiral path" (I'm sure there's a more technical name for it)
The other 2 are for moving from one road to another, mainly on motorways (US: Freeways) and is called an "interchange".

I was putting in the Black Butler Book of Atlantic movie.
Default is English dub, so I thought why not. Then I somehow got a total creeps-reaction.

Is that one of those infamous "there is nothing worse than Americans trying to be English" (or the like, not exactly sure of the quote) examples?

I was putting in the Black Butler Book of Atlantic movie.
Default is English dub, so I thought why not. Then I somehow got a total creeps-reaction.

Is that one of those infamous "there is nothing worse than Americans trying to be English" (or the like, not exactly sure of the quote) examples?
haven't seen the movie but you probably already know the faux british acting in anything is odd to us in blighty

I'm not actually sure I know it, because it hadn't picked it up on shows which supposedly were faux previously.
I'm not actually sure about BB either. But I just got this creeps-reaction, so looking for possible reasons.

Pretty much any English dub gives me the creeps, even for American English voices - they never sound natural to me; they're typically full of forced or exaggerated emotions and awkward cadences, let alone poor accents or dialects, so they always tend to take me out of the story. I always cringe when having to listen to a dub, so I can only comfortably watch anime in Japanese with subtitles because of these issues. Alone I will solely watch anime in original language with subtitles with zero thought about ever using a dub. But, since I do show anime to a lot of my friends, I am forced to listen to English dubs fairly often, and it can sometimes be a painful experience!

Actually, the next door neighbor couple and another friend of mine are all visiting tonight to start the second half of Yamato 2199 in my theater, and I will be showing it in English for them. Fortunately the dub for that series has been fairly tolerable for me - plus I'll be making pitchers of margaritas for everyone and drinking heavily so it will dull my pain some, lol...

Last edited:
Got a new one. This is a bit more technical probably.

There are formulas which aren't monotone functions, like that of the absolute value. Those are defined with diffrent segments that depend on the x value (the if-conditions) and are put together under the "clamp" to form the complete formula.
What's the name of this notation? Doesn't seem to be conditional formulas or anything like that.

I don't think there's a special name for them. That picture is more defining what the absolute value is with notation, than actually being a formula. Someone who does maths more recently than me might be able to answer better though.

This time the occasion comes from right here:

Marmite creative?
From what google tells me Marmite is some food brand?

Marmite is indeed a food product and it’s something that people really like or dislike, there is no middle ground. So the idea of using the word in that sentence is to imply that people really like or really dislike something with no middle ground. :)

Got another one!

Say you have a stash of paper you take a pen and write and while you write you press really hard. Not you take the first sheet away and the second sheet will have traces of your pressure-heavy writing. How would you call those traces?
(These pressure lines as in like how in some spy fiction you could use some charcoal, brush over the second page and find out, what was written on the removed sheet.)

Back