London expo

It was my first time at Expo and I loved it to pieces, it was brilliant! A really fun time and I can't wait for the May one to come around.

Viral Sound you must have been in front of me in the queue because your picture has my two friends I went with at the bottom. Was it you who gave me that really bad "B-Girl" DVD that came free?! I'm going to try and ebay it. If I get anything for it, it'll be a success.

I didn't get to go to the meet up as I had to find my friends (I lost them!) but I'll be happy to attend next time! Although it was great meeting up with Reevo and some other new faces. But Godot, I didn't know you were going man I would've met up with you specially dude!

Next time I'll definately go in costume, I think I might have to go in an Ergo Proxy cosplay to make sure it has more representation or perhaps someone from Last Exile!

The manga focus group wasn't what I expected but it was still fun as hell.

I love the fact that on saturday that all of the anime fans going to Bank meant they closed down the station due to overcrowding. Tomorrow, the world my friends.

A brilliant time for a first timer! Too much to mention here!

Aogu said:
Ushio said:
Was able to say hi to Aogu before the madness started

You were? :eek: Who were you!?
I saw you posted a highlighted map of the comic village ealier in the thread, and assumed you the person actually manning the table - looks like I was wrong. ^^; (I was on another table diagonally behind that one y'see) Whups! Apologies, lol! XD

chaos said:
Hye Ushio - I've got knackered from carrying so many books that I didn't show up on Sunday. This was a good expo.
Agreed. Friday was especially good for grabbing goodies as it was quiet and you got first dibs on everything (especially Manga's clearout stall :twisted:) Till next time!

Ushio said:
I saw you posted a highlighted map of the comic village ealier in the thread, and assumed you the person actually manning the table - looks like I was wrong. ^^; (I was on another table diagonally behind that one y'see) Whups! Apologies, lol! XD

Ahhh, that map was just one I'd found on the site of one of the artist I went to see, and they'd highlighted their stall on it! Its quite possible I did talk to you during the show as I spoke to quite a few of the people.. .but I don't remember all of their names etc....

Churchy99 said:
Viral Sound you must have been in front of me in the queue because your picture has my two friends I went with at the bottom. Was it you who gave me that really bad "B-Girl" DVD that came free?!

Yes, that was me. I really had no use for such a film and wanted to unload it badly, everyone else just left theirs on the floor as they went in. The free bags are usually better with t-shirts and CDs in the past, people generally share out what they don't want - I'm not complaining though. I think I was in the focus group after you, it was pretty much what I expected it to be & I enjoyed doing it.

Stuart-says-yes said:
It was scary meeting people at the expo today, I'm not good at talking to people either.
Don't worry about it, Stu, was still cool meeting you. :)

Same goes for everyone else, too, was great to put some faces to names, even if I did expect maybe a couple more people to show up. Anyone who couldn't see the group of us in the bar given that Otaku-san was in his huge Prof. Layton hat half the time... I can only say you can't have been in there at the same time as us!

Event was pretty damn fun, overall. Industry panel, Helen McCarthy's panel on the Sunday, MvC3, randomly buying stuff... good times.

Zin5ki said:
Otaku-san, such is the price one pays for being dapper.

could have worn a cheesecloth shirt and shorts, I'd still be boiling

On a related note here's a video on Roger Craig Smith, You can just barely here me possing him a question at 2:25
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/inK-bxGxYb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/inK-bxGxYb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice report, I definitely agree with

"The artist alley was perhaps one of the more humble elements of the event but was a definite case of quality over quantity."

And hey, there's the back of my head in your photo of the industry panel!

ilmaestro said:
Nice report, I definitely agree with

"The artist alley was perhaps one of the more humble elements of the event but was a definite case of quality over quantity."

And hey, there's the back of my head in your photo of the industry panel!

Mine too! I was beginning to think I wasn't there!

"Aw, the back of my head!"
"What?!"
"Sorry, not something you see every day, back of your own head..."

Glad people like the report :) There's stuff I wish I could have covered better, though a big part of the day for me was just throwing myself in. With that out of the way, I'm hoping to offer some thorough blow by blow reporting next time. Plus I need a truely good anecdote to relate (my current one isn't quite 'waking up the next day in a bathtub full of ice cubes' legendary).

Hope everyone had a good time at the last expo, twas amazing due to the fact that me and karis' dbz cosplays drew more dbz cosplayers together which in turn we took over many a camera on both days :).

Onto the forward coming May 2011 expo, cosplays have been made to turn myself into demon king Piccolo. HAHAHAHA

Yeah, I would have been a bit gutted to miss Helen McCarthy's panel, but at the same time that was pretty much literally all there was. I more appreciated the extra day in London, rather than the extra day at the Expo per se.

Can't we just make a new thread for the next expo? You know, something that feels fresh and updated and not having to resort to the same old thread that we've been using for the last four years.

Heh. But it is a fair point, many forums sort of insist on new threads a bit more than here, but I think on such a small forum as this one it's not as much of a problem.

Back