London expo

I'm looking towards the May expo myself. I had this idea that it would be stuck bang in the middle of my exam period and when i had to get my dissertation done for, but it turns out my exams and such end on the 20th of May. I could potentially go because of that, but i'll see how my monetary funds go first off.

Has anyone ordered their e-ticket and not received the, er, e-ticket?

edit: So I'm fairly sure I've paid twice for two tickets, which is beyond annoying. I can't access my card because I accidentally ordered a new passcode (that comes in the ******* mail!) so I don't know. I figure I must have entered my email address in wrong ? Or the account didn't get created correctly ? If it's the former... well, there's the benefit of having two email address entry places.

Jaymii said:
Has anyone ordered their e-ticket and not received the, er, e-ticket?

edit: So I'm fairly sure I've paid twice for two tickets, which is beyond annoying. I can't access my card because I accidentally ordered a new passcode (that comes in the **** mail!) so I don't know. I figure I must have entered my email address in wrong ? Or the account didn't get created correctly ? If it's the former... well, there's the benefit of having two email address entry places.

You could try logging into your account on their store and look under the "Your Account" link if it has an link to resend your e-ticket.

It looks like the Anime Panel is on the Saturaday at midday.

People that I'm following on Twitter had better be giving me real time updates on the industry panel. D:

Also, if anyone sees this in time, please ask Andrew if Anime on Demand will actually be trying to catch up with Steins; Gate, or if they're stuck in a one-a-week release pattern. Cheers!

The cat came back.

It was nice to have a day without a major hiccup like last time. I was also much more organised, spending my first two hours looking around/shopping and the rest hopping through panels.

Kind of wish I'd stayed for the steam punk panel's end. I left early to get to the Futurama one and then had to wait 15 mnutes for it to start. On the plus side, I think that's the biggest happy birthday sing song I'll ever be part of :)

I was partly there representing toonzone and I'm happy to say I made some headway there. I even finally got to meet Andrew in person (poor man must think I've been stalking him like a horror movie slasher), It's still a bit deflating to have tz not be recognised but then that is why I'm there. We will rule the world!

Didn't get to meet anyone but maybe next time. If you saw a guy with a turquoise shirt, a large black backpack and a small note pad- congrats. You can now write me a Death Note :p

I really enjoyed my day out yesterday, but lost track of time when it came around to meeting up with some of the AUKN bros. Spent more money than I have (as usual) and picked up 32 people on street pass, which makes a difference to absolutly none in my area. Oh and I met Beckii Cruel on the way out of the expo and she was nice enough to take a photo with me :)

Heres a video of my time around london expo, not sure if I picked up any members here, as its mostly shots of my chin and a guy in a superman costume. Maybe next time i'll try and meet some people from the forums, and spend alot less money...

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzYkAw0F3FA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzYkAw0F3FA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Jaymii said:
HellCat said:
I even finally got to meet Andrew in person
I saw Andrew turn up at the Beez stand whenever I was there and it was like Jesus resurrected.

Futurama panel was ballin' too. <3

I was a bit confused since last I'd heard he'd left Beez. But then given what was said at the panel, it seems the various licensors over here are really intermixed. Which is probably preferable to all the companies we hear about which bicker internally.

And yes, the Futurama panel was cool. Shame it couldn't have been longer.

I got some nice swag. Started the day off with a pair of cheap model nippers and as the day went on extended it to 4 boxes of Pocky, a Doctor Who trading figure (I got the Doctor!) and I think the last thing I got were two trading Haros. Also picked up various business cards and the artist alley which I'm hoping to use in an article. That section seemed so much bigger this time and there was ALOT of talent on display.

Lawrence said:
Ever so slightly jealous of Afoia's photograph with Beckii for some reason and the video was rather nice. The footage quality was pretty good and I rather liked how the final three minutes are spend recording children on eden. After watching, I'm pretty impressed with the game, certainly it looks like it would be enjoyable to play with the Kinect.

Thanks for the comment Lawrence, I'm going to try and do this again in oct/nov expo and see if i can do a more indepth vlog. Children of Eden cannot be done justice by my video though as seeing it in the flesh is jawdroppingly-tastic, the colours are so vivid and fuid. Its a shame that it was built for Kinect, although I think i'll wait for the PSmove version later in the year before i fork out for the 360 accessory.

HellCat said:
I think the last thing I got were two trading Haros.
I bought one of those!
Making a choice was a veritable lucky dip, though my selection turned out to be the Zeta Gundam Haro — a model that is by far the most desirable out of the range.

Excellent round-up ^

The only issue I heard a lot of grumbling about was the amount of bootleg stuff at the show, which is a shame given how the Expo has such a strong following. I'm really hoping the organisers lose their devil-may-care attitude to visitors being ripped off and clamp down it on it.

I think the only item I got stung with was a KO vocaloid mug, but then it's for drinking coffee out of and it'll do that just fine, official or not. And it is very cute :)

Anyone else get caught out?

Back