London expo

The Expo is five halls this year, which is pretty massive. I don't think it's been more than four before, but I could be wrong.

I can't remember where I read it was five, so don't be surprised if you show up on the day and all there is on offer is a turned over dustbin with a few Naruto figures on top surrounded by thousands of cosplayers.

MetalxSword said:
So is the meeting set for 8am at monument?
Hey MetalxSword - the meeting is setup at 13 at the pub right outside the Excel centre, on the way to the DLR station.

I'm meetting Tachi around 8am, as he needs people to hang aroung with, so you're free to join us - we can go to Bank DLR station, where we should be able to get the DLR to Custom House. Would you like to hang aroung with us? Tachi will surely be pleased as I'll have to leave him during the press things...

hmm

seeing as i live close to the DLR line i can prob get to the ticket queue early enough

whats a good time to get there to get ahead of the queue? LIke 9am or something?

I'll prob only go on the sunday as am a bit tight for cash and have to visit my parents, so if theres an anime uk gathering on that day i can come say hi?

Hey any Anime Uker's doing cosplay en masse?- id love to get some snaps of that action!

im going to check to see if my publishing company is going to have a stall there- look for the Titan Books logo. We dont usually advertise at MCM though so doubt i can blag free tickets ;-(

O

Captowen said:
hmm

seeing as i live close to the DLR line i can prob get to the ticket queue early enough

whats a good time to get there to get ahead of the queue? LIke 9am or something?

Best time to get there to get a good spot in the queue would actually be about 7:00-7:30am^_^;.However,if you wanted to miss the queue entirely I would say from experience to arrive around 10:30am.When I did that about 2 years ago I just got to walk straight in^_^(although there may be a lot more people going this year).

Also,if you want to say hey on the day I'll be dressed as Gene Starwind and I know that there are some other cosplayers from here wandering round too.^_^

Captowen said:

I'll prob only go on the sunday as am a bit tight for cash and have to visit my parents, so if theres an anime uk gathering on that day i can come say hi?
If you're going on Sunday the queue will be all right by 9. Sunday is WAY easier (as some would have bought their Sunday ticket on Sat).

I'll be there and I'm always up for a meetup. I'm pm'ing my mobile so you can call / text me.

See ya

chaos said:
I'm meetting Tachi around 8am, as he needs people to hang aroung with, so you're free to join us - we can go to Bank DLR station, where we should be able to get the DLR to Custom House. Would you like to hang aroung with us? Tachi will surely be pleased as I'll have to leave him during the press things...
Can I come? 08:00 is a little early by my usual standards for a Saturday, but I'm willing to be up with the larks if it means making the most of the day. Where are you and Tachi scheduled to rendezvous?

chaos said:
MetalxSword said:
So is the meeting set for 8am at monument?
Hey MetalxSword - the meeting is setup at 13 at the pub right outside the Excel centre, on the way to the DLR station.

Yeah thats awesome! I would love to meet you guys up as im going on my lonesome! :(

Zin5ki said:
Can I come?
No ;)

Zin5ki said:
08:00 is a little early by my usual standards for a Saturday, but I'm willing to be up with the larks if it means making the most of the day. Where are you and Tachi scheduled to rendezvous?
I'll meet Tachi in King's cross. We could meet at Lewisham or maybe at Bank as we'll head there for the DLR. Just cheked and the DLR will be working fine between Bank and Custom house. Planned enginnering works at the lewisham dlr though. Zin, you could head straight to the Expo. I'm heading early as I want a goody bag (and they usually run out of it realy early). we can meetup a bit later if you prefer.

MetalxSword said:
Yeah thats awesome! I would love to meet you guys up as im going on my lonesome! :(
All right, so where do we meet? I beleive that meeting at Custom House would be the easiest.

chaos said:
I'll meet Tachi in King's cross. We could meet at Lewisham or maybe at Bank as we'll head there for the DLR. Just cheked and the DLR will be working fine between Bank and Custom house. Planned enginnering works at the lewisham dlr though. Zin, you could head straight to the Expo. I'm heading early as I want a goody bag (and they usually run out of it realy early). we can meetup a bit later if you prefer.

*reads this and just nods.....no idea what's been said but nods none the less* :lol:

Still working on bringing my gf....some oh her mates are meant to be going anyway so gives more initiative to go.

Oh....for those who won't know who i am....i'll probably be the bloke stood there looking through half awake eyes, holding a coffee and wearing white shoes, jeans, probably a white t shirt and a black jacket. Or stood wearing a suit. don't know which to plum for atm.

Things to note.....i'm the guy who's hair will be regularly changing colour....You'll know what i mean on saturday.

Who else needs to que to get tickets? or did everyone buy there's online?

Tachi- said:
Who else needs to que to get tickets? or did everyone buy there's online?

Once I get the goody bag, I'll join you again on the queue. Or, I might get in again just to get another goody bag for those waiting in line (if they give me an extra one, that is)

It'll be in his outbox until he reads it Chaos. it only goes into your sentbox once its read :)

And okay mate....if you get anything in the goody bag...hopefully they won't run out for people who want em.

What have you got in the past? things like the anime showcase dvds?

Oh an i haven't got your number....fairly certain you have mine though mate.

I'll be waiting in the que at some point after 11 getting tickets so I don't know what time I'll be getting in (depends on how long the wait is when I get there). But I'll surely be coming to say hello to you all at some point, If I get there pretty late and the que is still long I'll want to have a walk around before I come find you lot. :p

Tachi- said:
And okay mate....if you get anything in the goody bag...hopefully they won't run out for people who want em.

What have you got in the past? things like the anime showcase dvds?
They run out of them really fast last year, so I'm geting there early because of it.

Tachi- said:
Oh an i haven't got your number....fairly certain you have mine though mate.
Just sent you a text. Let me know if you don't get it, as I'm not sure it's you (I just wrote zac there :p )

JamesX said:
I'll be waiting in the que at some point after 11 getting tickets so I don't know what time I'll be getting in (depends on how long the wait is when I get there). But I'll surely be coming to say hello to you all at some point, If I get there pretty late and the que is still long I'll want to have a walk around before I come find you lot. :p
Besides doing some shopping and watching a few of the panels, I'll most of the time outside taking pics of cosplayers.

Just a quick warning. Tube has closed down part of the Central line (Strafford to Leytonstone). While this will olny effect you if you are coming from my neck of the woods (literally Epping Forest), it may cause some bother

bugger, the DLR shutdown that weekend affects my part of the line, curses x 100000

if i come on sunday will have to London Bridge- bak- Custom House it

i doubt i can get there before 11 on sunday- will that affect chances of getting a ticket?

Back