London expo

cheers, i assume sunday is quieter?

if there is an anime uk meetup on sunday lemme know, i might wander over,

its going to be a trek to get there on sunday from my parents but i have to come back into London anyway to go back to the office monday anyway

Still undecided on whether to come. I'd want to come both days if possible I think. What are people doing about sleeping arrangements and things like that?

MVM's press release, if it hasn't already been posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MVM UK PRESS RELEASE – issued 22nd OCTOBER 2009

MVM ENTERTAINMENT are proud to be sponsoring the October 2009 Expo on the 24th and 25th October 2009.

Come visit the stand for a host of anime bargains and pick up an MVM DVD in the Expo goodie bag, containing Episode 1 of AQUARION, SAMURAI DEEPER KYO and X but hurry as they go quick!

MVM staff will also be handing out over a thousand “£5 off DVD” vouchers to the lucky early birds that will be queuing up on Saturday morning. Now that is something worth getting out of bed early for!

There will also be free TRIGUN posters available on the stand as well as free anime art cards from the fantastic BASILISK, the classic SAMURAI 7 and of course the smash-hit TRIGUN.

As well as all of this, you will still be able to get your hands on over 40 anime box sets of your favourite series and all with money off!

So make like Vash The Stampede and be sure to visit the MVM stand at this years Expo!

Captowen said:
bugger, the DLR shutdown that weekend affects my part of the line, curses x 100000

if i come on sunday will have to London Bridge- bak- Custom House it

i doubt i can get there before 11 on sunday- will that affect chances of getting a ticket?

What part of the DLR is shut down?

hi mutsumi

DLR is down between stratford and lewisham- but only that part. ANyone living between Canary Wharf and Lewisham needs to either bus it to Canary Wharf or get a bus to North Greenwich and a Jubilee line to the DLR exchange at Canning Town

does that affect you- where you hailing from? I live near Cutty Sark so im buggered totally, will be going via Canning Town

cant believe i have to go to work 2morow, have been signed off sick for 5 weeks- how can i deal with a 5 week backlog? :cry:

A minor inconvenience for me, I suppose.
I'll have to catch a train into the city centre instead. I may meet Spyro there before heading east to find Chaos and Tachi, who'll probably be at the ExCel centre at an early hour.

I don't think I want the goody bag myself. I'm sure many others would appreciate its content more than myself.

Tachi- said:
Just txt back....your text must have just been waiting since about 1pm to come through lol. weird.

Get my reply?
Yes

Captowen said:
cheers, i assume sunday is quieter?

if there is an anime uk meetup on sunday lemme know, i might wander over,

its going to be a trek to get there on sunday from my parents but i have to come back into London anyway to go back to the office monday anyway
Yes, it's quieter - no, no arranged meeting, but we can make one of our won, why not :)
Anyone else want to come along on sunday as well?

Asdrubael said:
Still undecided on whether to come. I'd want to come both days if possible I think. What are people doing about sleeping arrangements and things like that?
I live in London, so pretty easy for me =)
Some people stay at the Novotel . There is also another posh hotel around and there should be a b&b or two around there.

Ahh, Phew.

Thats alright then, Well one thing i really want is that cowboy bebop remix boxset...oh and a kakashi and dante figure. Really looking forward to it..

Remind me to buy you a pint Chaos.

Who's actually turning up to the meeting?

Tachi- said:
Ahh, Phew.

Thats alright then, Well one thing i really want is that cowboy bebop remix boxset...oh and a kakashi and dante figure. Really looking forward to it..

Remind me to buy you a pint Chaos.

Who's actually turning up to the meeting?
If Lace's guys don't screw it up again, there should be loads of remix boxset for both of us =) A kakashi figure should not be too difficult to find, but I've never seem a Dante one. Maybe with DMC out this month, there might be some.

I have no idea who's coming to the meeting, but I'm counting on the usual suspects - Zin, Hopeful Monster, Manga Girl... I know for sure that Ushio will be there, but behind a stand, so he won't be joining us.

But usually we have more people showing up.

I know mononoke is going. Dunno who else.

Yeah the DMC series is only £19.99 in HMV....wonder if it'll be cheaper at the expo...... and yeah hopefully there will be a dante figure.

I will be hopefully coming to the meeting.

I am planning to get there for 9am to try and get an goody bag, as long as I can get out of bed at an (in)decent hour.

Luckily it looks like I should not have a problem with underground as the closures on the Jubilee line (thanks Chaos for the link to the closures) end at Waterloo where I will be getting on.

Right.
If I want to catch Chaoses in the morning, at which time should I get to Lewisham or Bank?
Since I'll have to use the train instead of the DLR alone, I need a reason to justify going into the city centre in order to head East again. Meeting people beforehand would be as good a reason as any.

Zin5ki said:
Right.
If I want to catch Chaoses in the morning, at which time should I get to Lewisham or Bank?
Since I'll have to use the train instead of the DLR alone, I need a reason to justify going into the city centre in order to head East again. Meeting people beforehand would be as good a reason as any.

Just tell yourself "Tachi's buying the first round of beers"

Providing there's not 20+ of you lot turning up i don't mind doing so ^_^

*note to self....set 7alarms to wake up*

Hi this will be my first time going to the expo
need some help though^^

Um when your buying on the day tickets are £13 right?

Thank you =)

EDIT: solved my traveling problem

chaos said:
I know for sure that Ushio will be there, but behind a stand, so he won't be joining us.

But usually we have more people showing up.
Yeah, sorry again about that. :oops: I will be around to say hi but have to focus on peddling my comics. It's my second Expo in the comic village so is the first time without newbie status... :eek:

Tachi- said:
Yeah the DMC series is only £19.99 in HMV....wonder if it'll be cheaper at the expo...... and yeah hopefully there will be a dante figure.
Manga say on their Twitter page that everything will be up to 50% off, so you might get lucky. *wants Claymore 5+6 at a good price*

Hope to see some peoples tomorrow! :D

Ayumix3 said:
Hi this will be my first time going to the expo
need some help though^^

Um when your buying on the day tickets are £13 right?

Thank you =)

EDIT: solved my traveling problem
it's 13 for the early entry (before 11 am) and 10 afterwards (considering you're paying adult.)
Not sure how much for children ticket.
If you're going , say hi to us at 1pm at the pub between the excel centre and the DLR station!

Back