London expo

I'm getting a early National Express coach from Cambridge to London Stratford Underground so I can get a early place in the morning line. I'll be wearing a import Laughing Man t-shirt that I bought from the last London MCM Expo and a Naruto band around my neck. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I've got plenty of cash to spend this time around.

Viral Sound said:
I'm getting a early National Express coach from Cambridge to London Stratford Underground so I can get a early place in the morning line. I'll be wearing a import Laughing Man t-shirt that I bought from the last London MCM Expo and a Naruto band around my neck. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I've got plenty of cash to spend this time around.

Thought the National Express from Cambridge came in at London Victoria? At least it did back when I used to use it.

Hey. I'm headed out in a little while.

Wearing a red shirt over a black one with the Evangelion logo on the front. I also have messy hair. Feel free to nip over and claim a high five if you spot me about.

Have a good time, everyone.

Going to be walking up to catch transport shortly. Housemates helped ensure no sleep from 1:40 to 3 :(

Was planning on waking up at 6:50, but at 6ish I couldn't get back to sleep, so I've spent 40 minutes browsing :lol:

ManagEd to get a free ticket for tommorrow. Yah! So will be going if any one wants to meet up.
Today it was rammed, people still queuing to to get in at 1pm when I went out to meet up with the guys. People where saying they waited for 2 3 hrs

It was really busy in there, I don't do too well in crowds ^^' But it was fun! Picked up some bargains, played games, facepalmed at some cosplayers and so on. Met Tom Baker there too~

@ Tachi - I hadn't realised you had posted the above message from the pub! The wonders of modern technology.

@ everyone - Thanks for your help with the extra questions, much appreciated...

@ hopeful monster - I will be back for round 2 tomorrow.

hopeful_monster said:
ManagEd to get a free ticket for tommorrow. Yah! So will be going if any one wants to meet up.
Indeed. I was there with you when such an acquisition occurred.
Did you ever finish that Magic demo game, out of interest?

Zin5ki said:
Did you ever finish that Magic demo game, out of interest?
Yes and managed to win the game as well.
As for the cosplay thought the over all standard was better, but there were no real stand out costumes. Inside the place was much roomier and had less stalls and more space between them.

Well now I'm back, a bit tired, with my wallet a lot lighter due to buying stuff I don't need, but what I wanted :lol:

Glad I won't have to deal with the heat of that hall again for a while...:D

I saw an awesome Solid Snake cosplayer. Most were either Narutards or Bleachtards or Misa. I saw a bloke dressed up as Misa, that was a queer sight.

Durial666 said:
I saw an awesome Solid Snake cosplayer. Most were either Narutards or Bleachtards or Misa. I saw a bloke dressed up as Misa, that was a queer sight.
There were great cosplayers, but as hopeful said, there were no cosplayers with and "WOW" factor.

It was by far my busiest expo ever, with so much going on with interviews, etc. It was a good show overall, but they need to sort the queues up in the next show. It's getting pretty ridiculous now.

Durial666 said:
Saw him/her just after seeing Admiral Ackbar
1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg
g

my goodness never again am I going in that que =O
I got there around 10 didn't leave the que until like after 12.
It was crazy O_O, but really the should of been more organized with the queues. My legs was so tired from walking around, I saw some girl
in the interview bit where she had to do an impression of wolverine and there was some good cosplayers. Lol I wanted to play Tekken 6 but
there was a lot of people crowing round so I just said forget it xD
I was quite sad that I never got my Shugo Chara manga but oh well
I can always get it from amazon or some other site that sells it.

Next year I'm getting myself any early ticket x3

did anyone see a guy dressed up as pacman :3

EDIT: Also I never knew the que to re-enter was so looong

I chanced upon the Pac-Man as well.
Perhaps you were just at the Tekken booth at the wrong time: Before and after the main peak there were several chances to fight a match, without having to queue behind more than a single party.

Mutsumi said:
Ayumix3 said:
Also I never knew the que to re-enter was so looong

You have to queue to re-enter now?! WTF? That wasn't the case last time I went.

It was due to them using an invisible ink for the hand stamp, only having a few UV lights and them having to run the lights up and down two or three times to find the stamp, rather than just looking at your hand.

I didn't know it was UV at first, and when I got stamped I stood around for a bit, looked at the guy and thought it didn't have any ink...after looking gormless for a bit I walked off :lol:

I did find it amusing that even with a prepaid ticket I was in a queue for about 25 minutes. I had been in the actual expo hall for two hours when I met one of the people I came to the expo with. They had bought a ticket on the day and had been in there no more then 20 minutes :D

Back