London expo

Yup i resrved a few products prior to the event with Neon Martian, such as the rare D Gray-man J-Minis and Innocence Box's. I just emailed them and they said sure they'll hold it for me! ^^

chaos said:
Zin5ki said:
As I understand it, certain people were able to reserve copies of some of the more desirable products beforehand. I wouldn't know how one would go about doing this, however.
Begging pretty please?
Also, in the case of Monster, he requested his poster about three years ago and I'm not sure he finished paying for it yet - he might need to re-mortgage his house to do that. :p

Paid for, should arrive tomorrow. Will throw up a thread about it with photo goodness

hopeful_monster said:
Tachi- said:
The cosplays where pretty cool, ones to note, star wars; storm troopers an darths vader and maul, the alien and halo ones where cool (hopeful monster learnt a life long lesson...never stand behind the alien :p ) but by far the best cosplay i saw was a baby on its fathers shoulder, dressed as pikachu, by far the best cosplay :p
Not unfortunately a lesson I can pass on to my children.
As for the baby pickachu he seemed to be having the time of his life.

I enjoyed the Expo and I'm happy to say that the baby Pikachu's my baby brother. He got so much attention XD. The cosplay was my idea he did the same thing for the May Expo :D

xxXXmoomooXXxx said:
hopeful_monster said:
Tachi- said:
The cosplays where pretty cool, ones to note, star wars; storm troopers an darths vader and maul, the alien and halo ones where cool (hopeful monster learnt a life long lesson...never stand behind the alien :p ) but by far the best cosplay i saw was a baby on its fathers shoulder, dressed as pikachu, by far the best cosplay :p
Not unfortunately a lesson I can pass on to my children.
As for the baby pickachu he seemed to be having the time of his life.

I enjoyed the Expo and I'm happy to say that the baby Pikachu's my baby brother. He got so much attention XD. The cosplay was my idea he did the same thing for the May Expo :D
I've heard about it, but is there any pics of them?

cheers

chaos said:
Hey, I think I've seen you there... I did see the Tidus guy for sure though.
You should have come to say hi to us :p

Anyway, I agree that the stalls was better, if only they sort the queues, things will be a lot better.

I gave the Tidus and several people my email addy but get nufink back >.< god dammit!

I would have come to the meet if I hadn't had a wet blanket or two, a friend who's mobile battery gave out and we had to search for x_x that and some hyperactive ones I had to practically put on a leash to get home X___x;;

Define "awkward"? Physically the part of the journey where you get closer to expo just becomes a mass of bodies smooshed together (No seriously, one time my feet weren't on the ground anymore :( )

Stuart - answer is: it depends on what you expect.
If you want to see loads of people in cosplay, grab a couple bargains or early presses of upcoming release, meet other anime fans, then the answer is yes.

If you're only coming here to buy stuff, I say no, it's not, as you can find it cheaper if you have a little patience and wait for a month.

The cosplay thing is something I didn't try yet, so I can't say what's it like, but on Expo days, there are tons of people in cosplay going to the expo and as you get closer to it, there will be even more.

My experiences with London expos have always been great, if not a bit busy sometimes.

Nyani said:
Define "awkward"? Physically the part of the journey where you get closer to expo just becomes a mass of bodies smooshed together (No seriously, one time my feet weren't on the ground anymore :( )

I saw this....she was stood on her bf's feet instead :p

My first expo was in october....first thing i noticed was that there are alot of ques....and when you go in (if your anything like me) you'll have gone round and seen everything in about an hour. the rest of the day you'll be going round looking at things in greater detail, or looking for bargains or specific things you might want (i walked round for god knows how long trying to get a kakashi hatake figure. I found one for £4.50 in the end. Free posters. Listen to interviews and things, all in all it was a great experience. getting to meet some AUKN members too. you should enjoy it :) (your feet might hurt at the end of the day though....i think thats normal.)

Biggest tip I can give for this is that unless you are going specifically to buy something rare or very cheap that you know is going to sell out, there is no point in getting there before 2pm.

I went to the two expos last year, the first one I turned up in the afternoon and walked straight in with no queue whatsoever and I got to see everything there (the main expo hall can be done in a bout 30-40 mins, it's quite small) . The one in October I got to at about 10am and the queue was at least 2-3 hours long. I just went up town and did some shopping, came back for 2pm and hey presto, the queue had dissapeared.

As for the cosplay people, I can only hope that next year's event clashes with a West Ham home game. Some of these people could do with a dose of reality. :D

Regards,
K

Kaede said:
As for the cosplay people, I can only hope that next year's event clashes with a West Ham home game. Some of these people could do with a dose of reality. :D
LOL, I detect a little anger in your comment....

Haha! Nah not anger, I just don't get the appeal of dressing up like a tit in public. Although I have to admit that a few of the better ones were quite impressive.

Regards,
K

stuart-says-yes said:
"Awkward" as in walking onto the tube in a bright orange jump suit and the fine normal members of the public go in to stare mode /\_________/\

No, the abundance of Naruto cosplayers have numbed them to this. :p

Tachi- said:
I saw this....she was stood on her bf's feet instead :p

He is of course joking, as my lack of groundness was at the May 08 Expo. :p

I shall hope to attend, preferably on the Saturday. All but one of my exams fall before the event, so I ought to be able to show my face provided my academic persuits don't go drastically wrong.

Back