London expo

chaos said:
Too bad it was so lame, as he seemed to be really looking forward to it.
Haha! Since I've missed many of them, I thought it was my duty as a member to at least show my face. It seems like the Summer expo is much more meet-up worthy looking at the attendance of that.

The entire day fun nonetheless. I loved the Heroes panel.

Yeah, I'm hoping to go again in May, it was a laugh in October.
Just need to find someone to take us...
Well, my me and my friends are all 16. A little young, right?
And I doubt my dad would take us again. D:
(Maybe my sister's boyfriend... he wanted to go in October, anyway...)

oooo! i've not been to the expo in ages!! i plan on going to the october one next year unless i can get money for may aswell :3
heck knows what i'm going to cosplay as tho!!

May is fast approaching and the next expo will be upon us shortly.

My wife and I will go on Saturday. We don't have the time or money to cosplay but who will be? We'll be the couple chasing cosplayers for photos.

Hey, did anyone see the three cosplayers last year with the awesome head pieces? One was like an eyeless bird, another like a wolf and the third was like a wolf with horns.. or was that supposed to be some kind of grey deer? Either way they looked brilliant!

Hmm. At these expos, are any discounted DVDs sold? Or is it more social than commercial in general?
I've never been to a con, you see.

Zin5ki said:
Hmm. At these expos, are any discounted DVDs sold? Or is it more social than commercial in general?

well there cheaper since your buying them direct. I got Negima! and rumble hearts together for £40.
But more a less i went for the cosplay.

13megapixle, 5x optical zoom, 2GB Sandisk card, peferct b/day gift. Legs don't fail me now!!

Zin5ki said:
Well, there are plenty of deals around there. Some really good, others not that much.

I went to this last year, it was my first con. I was by myself unfortunately, as non of my friends wanted to go (they do now!).

It was really good fun seeing all the cosplayers (a bit too many Naruto and Bleach cosplayers and fans though :p) and taking their pictures. I saw some great Geass and Macross Frontier cosplay as well, which was nice since both series had just ended.

Picked up £80 worth of stuff in T-shirts and Mecha figures. Met lots of awesome people.

I bought fast track tickets for Saturday. No point in going both days when you're poor so my wife and I will be there on Saturday for checking out the cosplayers and game demos.

Who'll be there on Saturday? Can I get a show of hands? Prolly meet up at some point to put a face to a name.

My wife and I go with some old friends of mine. We all stay at a hotel in central London for the weekend to get some quality time together and catch up. I look forward to that perhaps more so than the expo itself.

I think it'll be cool to meet some of you too! :D

Sneakman said:
Is the October and May expo EXACTLY the same ,as I notice people seem to enjoy the October one alot more.
It is the same and it's different.
It is the same as you will have loads of cosplayers, all distributors and major shops stands, panels, guests, games, etc.

It's different because the cosplays are usually different, the panels are always different what is there selling for cheap is different, etc.

BTW- if money is short it's possible to enjoy without a ticket. You can simply head to the excel and cosplayers are alsways around in and out the expo, so you can take loads of pictures without having to buy a ticket.

Me and my sister would love to go this year, it's just really hard getting there and back to Cornwall in one day, and having enough time there to make it worth it!

Back