London expo

Ok so anyone who's going to the expo... we can all arrange to meet up at a particular time in a particular place in the Excel. Put some faces to the names. ^_^

I live just the other end of the DLR (a smashing light rail system if ever I saw one) but I don't know if I should go or not. It falls on the weekend after my penultimate exam, but I'd still want to know if it'd be worth a visit. Will there be plenty of anime+manga related flyers and promotional handouts for me to stick on my walls?

Zin5ki said:
I live just the other end of the DLR (a smashing light rail system if ever I saw one) but I don't know if I should go or not. It falls on the weekend after my penultimate exam, but I'd still want to know if it'd be worth a visit. Will there be plenty of anime+manga related flyers and promotional handouts for me to stick on my walls?
There were quite a few when i went in it's first year, so there must be more now.

As ever we'll be there again from Beez - we're across from the Manga stand and will be doing a massive blowout sale of our old stock!

Expect standalone DVDs as low as £5 a DVD for older series (I can guarantee many series in that position) and a few new ones too as well as things being not much higher in general so if you're looking for good deals on titles you've wanted for sometime, now would be the time for doing so!

I'm confirming what promo items I can bring too but all going well I'll have a limited number of Gurren Lagann posters to give away at the event too!

Come say hi anyway though, just ask for Andrew at the stand :).

- Andrew

Otaku-san said:
Say one question andy, think you may have either Mai-Hime or Haruhi boxsets at the stand, cause i really wanna get the haruhi one :3

I'll have boxes 3 and 4 for sure, not so sure about 1 and 2 I'm afraid! As for My Hime, I'll have the singles for sure, likely also in the £5 a DVD range. I need to check the status of our boxsets now but assuming it's been repacked then we should have it there too :).

- Andrew

JamesX said:
http://www.londonexpo.com/

that's their website.

Cheers. Deffo heading down to this, I'm assuming it's OK to bring my camera? I want pics of all the crazy people dressed as stormtroopers/ninjas/pirates/whatever. :D

Yeah, the cosplayers really make it alot of fun! The catbus at the October expo was AWESOME! And as usual there were storm troopers, aliens, predators and lets not forget power rangers! It's always cool and most will do proper poses and even be happy to photograph with you. *shudders at the memory of being in the grip of death.. the alien breathing down my neck, the predator's immensely powerful hands moments away from crushing my skull after deeming it too puny to be a worthy trophy*.. Yikes! :eek:

I've got my fast track tickets for Saturday. I'm only going on Saturday as when you've been round and done the venue once you don't really feel the need to do it again. That said some people have different costumes for each day so I'll miss out on Sunday's cosplayers and price crackdowns but I don't have the space or money for the latter so I can live with it. My wife and I will just have to go back to the hotel where we make our own entertainment. ^_^

For anyone going to expo this may, check out the travel arrangements notice on the expo website messageboard. Looks like the nearest station Custom House will be closed for engineering work. It says to go to Canning Town and there will be a shuttle service which will drop people outside the venue.

Please check before travelling.

It's been a while since I've logged in on here, but I'm also attending once again. It comes at a good time too, since I'm about to purchase a new DSLR camera this week, and the expo will be a great chance to give my new toy a spin. Hopefully I have enough money left over after the camera purchase since last time Terratag were selling their merchandise at lower prices so I'm hoping to once again take advantage of that and nab some more awesome T-shirts. Other than that though, I usually don't buy much else since nearly all of the figures and what not on sale can be bought online, so aside from cheap Terratag clothes the only other thing I want to grab is some hentai doujinshi. :]

Manga Girls said:
Looks like the nearest station Custom House will be closed for engineering work. It says to go to Canning Town and there will be a shuttle service which will drop people outside the venue.

Please check before travelling.
Cheers for that. I suppose if all else fails I can use a standard bus to get from the most appropriate DLR station.
(Accursed ExCel Centre being in Zone 3 instead of Zone 2!)

I've just spotted that they've announced Mike MacRae as a guest. He voiced Gouron (Full Metal Panic), and That Man (Excel Saga), amongst others...

Back