London expo

Wahey! Just got back from todays expo. Now to look through all the crap I bought XDD
It was great, I had my sushi and my pocky which means I'm a very happy bunny.
Lol @ the Yaoi in the queue though...

well i've just got back myself, and once again i had a great day.

(unfortunatly, my camera decided to not work when i got there, so no music video this time, sorry)

i'm sure pics of these will turn up, but there were some awesome cosplayers there today.

i spent loads of money, as always, lol.

for anyone inteterested, here's some info on what's on offer from various sections to purchase:

Beez are doing special offers on their boxsets.
(one example being all of escaflowne for £35, i'm not joking either, i picked that up straight away) the same kind of offer applies to other boxsets as well (but with different prices).

Revlation were doing the old buy one, get another free offer and also selling damaged FMA tins (the red one) for about £2.00 each. (there were going quickly, some were really damaged, some only had a few dents in them)

Manga were doing a 2 for £10 offer on certain titles (some of the older ones), some of their titles were £10 including Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society.
They also had GITS SAC 1st & 2nd GIG for £20 each.
(Oh, and for those who want it, Manga also had a few copies of Karas - The Revelation in stock for £20 i think).

ADV had some really cheap titles going, including some older adv titles such as Dai Guard volumes for £2.00 each, some other titles at £1.00 each!!!!!!!
They also had some new releases thrown in as well.

MVM had the usual selection of boxsets.
some of them at slightly lower prices than last time, including the whole trigun series at £40 if i remember correctly.

In terms of merchandise, there was a lot there, for anyone wanting to buy Pocky on sunday, BUY IT EARLY, it was going stupidly fast, and i'm pretty sure by the end of the day Tokyo Toys (who were the only ones selling Pocky to my knowlage) were pretty short on stock!!!!!!

there were loads of t-shirts, wall scrolls, posters, and loads of other merch. (for those who've been before, the usual), lol.
(one bit of advice i will give for those going tomorrow, before buying, check the prices at other stalls, as some of the price differences were very... interesting is probably the best way to put it.)

all in all, a fun day out. Some of the guys doing the guys doing Dancing Stage at the games section were bloody insane (some of the combos people were pulling off were amazing!!!!!)

I know for a fact that Manga had nothing new to confirm.
not sure about any of the other groups.

But, Manga did say to me, that the bleach UK dvd releases will have sutitles to run along side with the japanese audio.
instead of just having dubtitles like on the naruto dvds.

so that's a plus point for a start!!!!

Sorry if i sounded like a grumpy old fart but i am glad u guys had a good time! i was just exicted to hear what we were getting for next year and it' s another disappoment!

Sorry if i sounded like a grumpy old fart but i am glad u guys had a good time! i was just exicted to hear what we were getting for next year and it' s another disappoment!

I was there as well. Beez were doing incredible deals. I hang around most of the day,

Next time for sure. COSPLAY & EARLY TICKETS.

Lulz Xel, The 'Yaoi Girls' were quite humorous. XD.

Just got back myself, but this was more due to $&&$*^_&^%$&^$&*%* Underground. DLR was packed, Jubilee bus replacement (which they didn't tell us about this morning, so only JUST managed to get fast track tickets) had to wait 10 minutes of on JUST get on it and have everyone get off on stop along, central line coming back had to wait 20 min to get pushed onto a train to get me 2 stops down the line where i had to wait for another packed train with some one who smelt like they had a 2 day dead fox in their pocket.

On the plus side got a lot of cool stuff, and many met cool people. Met all the nice people behind the counters at Beez, ADV, and Manga, and some new nice people behind Revelation's counter (if they become regulars it'll be good). Picked up Afro Samurai (signed by creator :) ), Planetes and Noein (ever damn episode) Kurau vol 2, Guyver vol 3, Mushi-shi, Moon Phase, Beck, Tsubasa all vol 1. Problem is that this now means I have about 45 DVD's i have to watch (not including rentals), though 15 I've seen before. Also bought a few wookies (one plus, one plastic) .
Was introduced to Pocket Models (brought to you by the people who make hero Clix) which is a cross between a CCG and model war games. You get booster packs with different ships in them and bonus cards. First played on the Big demo version and discovered the true meaning of the dark side of the force... my coffee. Accidently spilt it on the game table and it made a nice brown stain... fair enough, until it started dissolving the Models... :roll: now i know i like my coffee strong but didn't know it was that bad. Also playing new indy MMO Urban Rivals, which is like a CCG, but on-line and a lot faster. If you want to try PM and i'll invite you and send you a code to get free cards.
Unfortunately didn't meet anyone from this Board, but met three people from Amecon, and had a nice long chat with Mark (the lead guy from Anime Central) and discussed possibility of getting it on Freeview ( possible, but would require changes to content, currently working on getting it onto Virgin Media), what series were doing well (suprisingly Transformers Headmasters is very popular) and what would be good (since he was looking for mecha series suggested Robotech (lots of episodes and probably cheap given you can get e.d.e. for about £35 now, and of course Rahxephon). We also talked about the Anime Central Forum and this one (he said he wishes the AC one was more like this one :), but also got his e-mail address so we could chat about stuff... Damn that's so cool.
Not sure about new releases, but the ADV stall had the Pumpkin Scissors trailer, and a few other series that have been released in the states, but not yet over here... may be a hint.

CitizenGeek said:
So, is this Expo basically one big marketplace or are there panels and whatnot?

Occasional panels, One every hour or so. But mainly a marketplace. A Ahsome one at that.

And Also, Just to note. Its not JUST a anime expo, Its just anime is the main theme there.

CitizenGeek said:
Wow, awesome pic of the Afro Samurai!

So, is this Expo basically one big marketplace or are there panels and whatnot?
This Expo there seemed to be fewer panels than the ones before, but since Japan Ex seemed to have twice as many as before maybe they ran out for this one.

*giggles* So tempted to post the 'live yaoi' that took place in the queue, lol.
Oh dear.
Anywho, I'll post a poor quality pic from my phone of Afro Samurai. *proud* got the creators autograph i did 8)

>>Xel<< said:
*giggles* So tempted to post the 'live yaoi' that took place in the queue, lol.
Oh dear.
Anywho, I'll post a poor quality pic from my phone of Afro Samurai. *proud* got the creators autograph i did 8)

i know him, we are kind of friends, we dont usually hang out and stuff but we know each other.

i will put pics up .....if i am bothered -_-

Ok, in the queue some fangirls in front of me were screaming at everyone excitedly chanting for Yaoi.
After a while these two guys ran up to them and just..well the pic says it all.
I can assure you that there was plenty of gawking, screeching and jumping about all over the place. :p

here are some pics i took.
i took more, but those were with my friends and stuff, so no pont putting them here.
most of the pics are blurry, as i dont like flash. i did some black & white pics also, as they come out clear and avoid blurry-ness.

note - i was not bothered to take much pics this time at the expo.

n534997030_397197_1791.jpg

n534997030_397198_2059.jpg

n534997030_397199_2316.jpg

n534997030_397200_3072.jpg

n534997030_397201_3330.jpg

n534997030_397204_4104.jpg

n534997030_397205_4403.jpg

n534997030_397206_4666.jpg

n534997030_397207_4950.jpg

n534997030_397208_5212.jpg

n534997030_397209_5457.jpg

Back