London Comic Con (aka MCM Expo 24-26 May)

Oh no, I'm not saying we can't go there, I'm just having a winge binge. That and I think the bar staff are a bit incompetent, I think chaos would make a better barman! Standing there with his drying cloth in a striped apron and shirt stays, whilst caressing his moustache whilst deep in thought. By jove this forum does a lot of thinking, good thing I'm here to snap you out of it

I think any where else would be too far out from the event.

This will be my first time going. I have been putting it off for a while.
Going on the Saturday, most likely will be filming and I will be meeting up with some YouTubers and close friends of mine,
If you see me, come and say hello even though I most probably be shy :oops:
Yea, hope it's going to be a good one!

BDT87

For more content check out
http://www.youtube.com/BDT87

Normally we meet at 2pm at the Fox but i'm just thinking.

The Shinichiro Watanabe signings are till 1:00pm to 2:15pm on Saturday and I'll most likely be in line for, will anyone else be planning to be in line?

Might be there a bit later than usual

If necessary, I can construct a Doppelgänger from used copies of the Metro bearing your (approximate) likeness. Your double-booking will thus be countenanced.

Hi all, I'll be looking for something signed as well and I plan to spend most of the morning at the queue, If necessary. Waht about we meet up at 4pm there at the Fox? I reckon that I will already be hanging out with Maes and Reeevo....

I'll be about all day, though i don't think i'll be getting the early entry as i had first hoped, i left it way to late, unless they have some available on the day. No idea what time i'll need to get there for though.

As for meeting up, i'll PM reevo and you chaos my new number if my old one hasn't transferred in time so you can contact me when you're in and about. if anyone else going is trying to grab me as well, fire me a PM and i'll let you know.

To make myself recognisable, i has my hitomi hoody with me, so i'll be in a green/white hoody. Though it looks like Tecmo-Koei are running an event with it, so i may not be the only one... either way, i'll be up for a meet at the Fox maybe as well, we'll see how many we get there

I have returned from my exam in the eastern wing of the Excel centre. Beforehand I was perusing my revision notes whilst what amassed to a metric tonne of synthetic fibres, cardboard and papier-mâché ascended the escalator before me.

Just a heads up for those that had it. My number for my mobile has transferred to my new phone so I am in reach for the expo. So I should be relatively easy to get a hold off now

I'm sad it was a chilly day so I had to cover up my super new Master Asia shirt :( Manchester! London! Central Undefeated!

I'd love to cosplay one time but a cosplaying reporter is not the best of hybrids.

Dammit did any body get that Yotsuba&! figure from the UP1 stand, I'm still hung up over not being able to get it since I rarely had much time in the event hall :(

devilrules666 said:
I am going as well so if you see Kenshin holding hands with Sailor Moon with a baby Pikachu in her other arm on saturday come and say hello! :D
Hah, that would have been quite fantastic.

Otaku - shame we missed you there!

Went to the cosplay ceremony at the end of Sunday. You see alot of these people walking around the event all day but there were some amazing ones I hadn't. Admitedly I could have done without the three guys behind me offering off colour commentary on every single entry :?

Surprised how big Adventure Time was, big enough that Forbidden Planet gave it its own stall. Saw an awesome Ice King cosplayer on Sunday too :D

Did everyone who went have a brilliant time? Anyone have any photos or experience memories to share?

I'm gutted I couldnt come up with the funds for it. I hope to make the next one in October. At least I have the Manchester one in 2 months times :)

This was my first time going to the Expo. Brilliant time. Met up with my friends who I speak to online, never met them in person before. So a little weird but all in all a great day out.
Here is my video of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8we0DPTAM4

Hope to go to another expo/con, not sure where next? Is Hyper Japan any good?

Was good seeing everyone at the event again. First time meeting Ath as well, which was cool. You're a lot quieter in person than you are online i have to say, hah.
Unfortunately though, i couldn't make it on the sunday. Or rather that's what i thought at first when i considered the money side of things, looking through my bank account tells me i would've been able to, but that's hindsight for you. I met a good dose of people from twitter as well, which was good. It was all about meeting up this time round, well worth it all things considered. Maybe next time i'll be able to meet up with more of you.

Heh, that's my natural shyness coming out. Once I get to know people more I'll be less quiet ;)

Was definitely great to meet everyone. Unfortunately I missed out on Shinichiro Watanabe's autograph, but it clashed with Edgar Wright's Q+A session. By the time I got out, the queue was too long and I just didn't have the patience, oh well.

I'm hoping to make a visit to Scotland Loves Anime this year. I want to visit my mate in Edinburgh anyway, so I can combine the two.

Back