Legal Streaming 2017: Q1 Winter season | Twice the Explosions

I'm all of 10 episodes in so far, so I will not be meeting Toshi for a long time. (He first appears around episode 100 apparently.)

Whoa, was it that long? Get watching, then!

(Choromatsu and Shinpachi would get along with one another so well.)

R

The Toshi personality doesn't appear until the arc between Episode 100 and Episode 105 apparently.

Ah, gotcha. I only made it 88 episodes in before burn out. I need to get back to it at some point but I fear I've forgotten the majority of the cast barring Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura. Oh, and Sadaharu of course.

Ah, gotcha. I only made it 88 episodes in before burn out. I need to get back to it at some point but I fear I've forgotten the majority of the cast barring Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura. Oh, and Sadaharu of course.
That's my concern with long-running shows, most of them are far too long and far too samey. When it's 20 minutes a week, you don't notice, but when you have to watch a large number a week in order to prevent yourself from drowning, you really do.

I even burnt out 40-something episodes into Hunter x Hunter. It's a fantastic show, but I think it suffers from characterisation issues, and I don't neccesarily know that I watch shonen series for the plot.

That's my concern with long-running shows, most of them are far too long and far too samey. When it's 20 minutes a week, you don't notice, but when you have to watch a large number a week in order to prevent yourself from drowning, you really do.

I even burnt out 40-something episodes into Hunter x Hunter. It's a fantastic show, but I think it suffers from characterisation issues, and I don't neccesarily know that I watch shonen series for the plot.

I mean, I've made it through over 300 episodes of Bleach. My issue isn't the amount of episodes, but rather I tried to watch them too fast. With Bleach, I've been pacing myself by only watching 20 odd episodes before taking a few weeks off, however with Gintama, I just kept watching with no breaks, so if I tried again but with breaks, I'd probably manage.

It is my life goal to one day get up to date with Detective Conan after the ridiculously late jump from DVD to simulcast it received. And nothing in the main plot will have progressed when I do.

I just meant regular Toshi, not the gag version from later :)

R

Crunchyroll | Simulcast | New Addition *UPDATE*

334f67c4ab46e80484a46e2400b2e78c1483641267_full.jpg

Koro-sensei Quest!
Crunchyroll Regions: US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Netherlands.
Funimation Regions: US, Canada, UK, Ireland
Note: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Netherlands will require Premium access.

Crunchyroll x Funimation | Simulcast | New Addition

news_xlarge_ACCA_anime_teaser.jpg

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. (ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka)
Crunchyroll regions: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America

148ce081450548907c5b24967743758a1483648006_full.jpg

ChäoS;Child
Crunchyroll regions: Worldwide except for Asia

Fuuka-1.jpg

Fuuka
Crunchyroll regions: North America, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean), United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Nordics and Netherlands

f447906258690d029d5c8a4fbbe1e7561483648239_full.png

Interviews with Monster Girls (Demi-chan wa Kataritai)
Crunchyroll regions: Worldwide except for Asia

I should try another long running show it would be HxH or Gintama problem with both is they aint licensed here and I would like to try the on blu ray
I'd be surprised if Gintama got picked up. The first season alone is 201 episodes, the BBFC fees would be astronomical, and the series is so long you could probably only sell it in huge blocks.

I'm curious to see what Crunchyroll does. Will they have the Japanese HD remastered re-edits or will they just upscale the originals themselves? Also, release wise, how many episodes per part? (Evidence from Canada seemed to indicate maybe 4x 50 episode sets, but we'll see.)

I keep meaning to get into Gintama, it seems right up my street, but I still haven't gotten around to doing it. I would also pace myself, much like with other long-running shows I had to catch up on, I'd watch a bunch until a story arc ends, then give it a break for a month or two before starting the next arc. That, or I'd just watch them in the batches their released on DVD here, like with One Piece (though I'll admit to being tempted to get a VPN and watch arcs on Crunchyroll, but I've stuck with the DVDs so far...)

I keep meaning to get into Gintama, it seems right up my street, but I still haven't gotten around to doing it. I would also pace myself, much like with other long-running shows I had to catch up on, I'd watch a bunch until a story arc ends, then give it a break for a month or two before starting the next arc. That, or I'd just watch them in the batches their released on DVD here, like with One Piece (though I'll admit to being tempted to get a VPN and watch arcs on Crunchyroll, but I've stuck with the DVDs so far...)

That's the issue really, there aren't really story arcs. I mean, there are, but it's not like Bleach and the like where they last 30 odd episodes, they're normally around 3 or 4 episodes long, with the other episodes being largely episodic.

That's the issue really, there aren't really story arcs. I mean, there are, but it's not like Bleach and the like where they last 30 odd episodes, they're normally around 3 or 4 episodes long, with the other episodes being largely episodic.
I might be wrong, but it looks like it gets more serialised as it goes through. There's some 8 episode arcs in the most recent season, according to the episode titles.

You could probably be disciplined about it and choose to take a break after a new character is introduced (this happens quite frequently throughout the series) or whenever you started to get sick of it. I'd probably totally marathon all of the comedy arcs but I have a very high tolerance for Gintoki and co.

R

Fuuka
Crunchyroll regions: North America, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean), United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Nordics and Netherlands

Not a lot I'm interested in this season but of those I am I think Fuuka is top of the list. Really glad CR have this and can't wait to start it, I just hope it's as good as the manga is. :)

Back