Legal Streaming 2017: Q1 Winter season | Twice the Explosions

Is it just me or does CR seem to have announced a lot of CGDCT things shows this season. I knew there wasn't much for me when I looked at the charts, but at least something would be nice...

Is it just me or does CR seem to have announced a lot of CGDCT things shows this season. I knew there wasn't much for me when I looked at the charts, but at least something would be nice...
To be fair, Idol Incidents is a political thirller.

I'd imagine Crunchyroll will be getting quite a lot of what's on this season, so there might be something yet. You should consider giving Gabriel Dropout a go, it could either be the kind of show you hate if it's mean spirited and overly cynical or it might actually be quite entertaining if it's more thoughtful. I don't know much about it but from what I've read I'm hoping it might be along the lines of Himouto! Umaru-chan, which had some pretty strong moments that you might not have expected based on the description (though I wouldn't say it was consistently like that).

It feels like there has been a "girls and bikes" anime in every season for a while, somehow I've managed not to watch any of them. I haven't heard great things about most though, maybe this one will be the big one.

There's just a lot of CGDCT shows being made at the moment, so it stands to reason that most if not all of them will be licensed, given that pretty much everything is this days.

To be fair, Idol Incidents is a political thirller.

I dismissed it because of the key art, I hadn't realised it was political. And quite frankly, reading the synopsis almost made me vomit. I will still be giving this one a miss.

I'd imagine Crunchyroll will be getting quite a lot of what's on this season, so there might be something yet. You should consider giving Gabriel Dropout a go, it could either be the kind of show you hate if it's mean spirited and overly cynical or it might actually be quite entertaining if it's more thoughtful. I don't know much about it but from what I've read I'm hoping it might be along the lines of Himouto! Umaru-chan, which had some pretty strong moments that you might not have expected based on the description (though I wouldn't say it was consistently like that).

It feels like there has been a "girls and bikes" anime in every season for a while, somehow I've managed not to watch any of them. I haven't heard great things about most though, maybe this one will be the big one.

To be honest, unless it particularly stands out to me or I have reason to believe otherwise, I just avoid Japanese comedy now. It just seems my sense of humour does not chime with the Japanese sense of humour at all. It seems to be less about jokes and more about insufferable people being mean to marginally more likeable and yet still insufferable people...

I was hoping it was just a timing thing and something exciting would come later. Maybe I'm just turning into one of those "Too much moe!" "Moe is ruining anime" ********s, I used to hate...

Crunchyroll | Simulcast | New Addition

76754ee3b0c6d5bc465631812b9569fc1483408906_full.jpg

Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends
Crunchyroll regions: Worldwide excluding Japan

893b4ec04ff97b94722b06e765b7945c1483474874_full.jpg

Handshakes
Crunchyroll regions: Worldwide excluding Asia

29562c8c886057ffdc88da15098112c01483475408_full.png

Masamune-kun's Revenge

29ea9e87f5cae2186bab2b4e78e6d3471483475172_full.jpg

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

5eb47da67ca89aef710d19f798c659011483474890_full.png

Saga of Tanya the Evil

Crunchyroll | Simulcast | Confirmed (Regions Not Unveiled Yet) *UPDATE*

234bd67c42f70b5b37b50cb3b8dd49b01483475557_full.png

Akiba's Trip the Animation
Crunchyroll regions: US, Canada, UK Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands.

Last edited:
Funimation | Simulcast English Dubs | New Addition

Nanbaka [Season 2]
Tales of Zestiria the X** [Season 2]

Funimation | Simulcast English Dubs | Confirmed (Regions Not Unveiled Yet)

Akiba's Trip the Animation
Chain Chronicle
Hand Shakers
Koro-sensei Quest!*
Masamune-kun’s Revenge
Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
Saga of Tanya the Evil

*Not accessible for UK/IE on Crunchyroll
**Subbed version will not be streaming on Crunchyroll

2893f5da529cdb60722dee58a62388de1483560107_full.jpg

Gintama [Season 4]

19faaab6a127f38208f21631d75956081483565178_full.jpg

Kemono Friends

Crunchyroll | Simulcast | Region Restricted

6de10ecb62b191e4ab2ef0927eec2db81483577084_full.jpg

Seiren
Crunchyroll regions: United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America

aaaf377dcc9db6dcd58c01de3c4791571483591975_full.jpg

School Girl Strikers (Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel)

Amazon Prime | Simulcast | New Addition

chara.png

Onihei
Amazon Prime regions: Full details are unknown but expect UK zone to stream the series.

Last edited:
Amazon Prime | Simulcast | New Addition

chara.png

Onihei
Amazon Prime regions: All regions with Prime access
Should probaly change regions to Prime Video access rather than Amazon Prime. Prime Video launched for 180 countries last month expanding Amazons video service from the previous 4 countries.

No access to apps other than the mobile ones(with no cast support) though.

Last edited:
Amazon ruins everything :(

Nice to hear it's expanded its deplorable reach though! Hadn't heard that before.

R

Amazon ruins everything :(

Nice to hear it's expanded its deplorable reach though! Hadn't heard that before.

R
I was just sat there thinking two shows that aren't CGDCT and those bastards at Amazon get one.

Still, who isn't prepared for the glorious return of Shinpachi? :D

(Me, I still have about 306 episodes left in order to catch up... :eek:)

Still, who isn't prepared for the glorious return of Shinpachi? :D

(Me, I still have about 306 episodes left in order to catch up... :eek:)

Mixed feelings; on one hand I love the show, but on the other the last season was so serious that it's left me a bit scared!

I think I identify more with Toshi than Shinpachi, personally :3

R

Mixed feelings; on one hand I love the show, but on the other the last season was so serious that it's left me a bit scared!

I think I identify more with Toshi than Shinpachi, personally :3

R
I think I identify with reacting normally and not joining in with everybody else's craziness, but also being just as crazy, if not more so, than they are. Hence my similarly foolish love of Choromatsu.

I'm all of 10 episodes in so far, so I will not be meeting Toshi for a long time. (He first appears around episode 100 apparently.)

Back