I backed this at the $250 Lovely Angel tier, along with add-ons for the second LED lamp standee and the hardcover artbook.
That's exactly what I wana do but still weighing up the cost. Wish there was a level that was just the anime and OVAs so I could just add the artbook. Would be an easy no brainer for me.

But those light up standies are so nice too! Argh first world problems

It's still likely I'll pledge the same as you have.

I may drop the artbook before the pledge period is over, not sure - I don't really need another artbook, especially one for a 1980's series that probably has more comedy in it than I would care for. And I'm only getting the second LED lamp so I have a complete pair, just so it would be easier to sell them together as a set, eventually - I'm not really interested in getting the lamps, but the fact they only give you one in the Kickstarter was a big marketing ploy for them to get you to buy the other.

I may drop the artbook before the pledge period is over, not sure - I don't really need another artbook, especially one for a 1980's series that probably has more comedy in it than I would care for. And I'm only getting the second LED lamp so I have a complete pair, just so it would be easier to sell them together as a set, eventually - I'm not really interested in getting the lamps, but the fact they only give you one in the Kickstarter was a big marketing ploy for them to get you to buy the other.
Yeah I totally agree. The artbook sounds really nice but for the cost (and increased postage to UK) it's a lot of money extra.

Yeah the lamps are totally set up to make you want to buy the other one. I'm a sucker for tat like that so I'd want both or neither. Lol.

That's exactly what I wana do but still weighing up the cost. Wish there was a level that was just the anime and OVAs so I could just add the artbook. Would be an easy no brainer for me.

But those light up standies are so nice too! Argh first world problems

It's still likely I'll pledge the same as you have.
I'm fairly certain that's why the OVAs and Features are buried down in the $250+ section, because otherwise people would pick the cheapest option that included the series, OVAs and features in it instead of the rest of the tat that people care either way about. i.e. almost no one would back at higher tiers if the extra rewards were just badges, magnets, shot glasses, filler stuff, etc.

I'm fairly certain that's why the OVAs and Features are buried down in the $250+ section, because otherwise people would pick the cheapest option that included the series, OVAs and features in it instead of the rest of the tat that people care either way about. i.e. almost no one would back at higher tiers if the extra rewards were just badges, magnets, shot glasses, filler stuff, etc.
Yeah that must be what's happening. The target is pretty large as they want to pay for a dub so they kinda need people to buy tat.

I'd have loved the show in a nice collector's box but to get that I'd need to pay $135 for the tier that includes garbage like a lighted standee and magnets... Kinda irritating so I'll be giving it a miss, unfortunately.

Yeah that must be what's happening. The target is pretty large as they want to pay for a dub so they kinda need people to buy tat.
Even so they are reusing the original dubs from the OVA and features, so the kickstarter is actually only to dub the actual original series. It's unfortunate that they feel the need to overly inflate the cost of buying the full set when only the original series actually needed a dub.

Even so they are reusing the original dubs from the OVA and features, so the kickstarter is actually only to dub the actual original series. It's unfortunate that they feel the need to overly inflate the cost of buying the full set when only the original series actually needed a dub.
Yeah. I dont how rights for these things work
Could the ova rights be so expensive they have to be in an expensive level or is that irrelevant? I guess for people who already own it all they dont care bit as someone who's never even watched any dirty pair it makes it very expensive.

I don't know whether to be ecstatic or sad about this. As you might guess I'm a big DP fanboy seeing as it was this franchise that got me into anime many years ago but paying to dub the original 26 episode tv series......I just don't know. $250 is not a small chunk of money *************** plus I have watched all of DP including Flash more times than I remember-so maybe I'll change my mind but for now-I'll pass on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dirty Pair Kickstarter has reached their initial goal, which is good news.

While I did briefly consider (and may still I suppose) throwing a dollar towards it and picking the rewards later, I probably be waiting for general release. This is good stuff.

Well heck, two of the stretch goals announced are for interviews with the author and character designer of the show, which will both be added only in the artbook - so they will be text and not video - so now if I drop the artbook, those goals are irrelevant.

I KNEW I shouldn't have looked at this thread! Now I've throw away a bunch of money for Dirty Pair (I went for the $135 Trouble Consultant option - and feel maybe I should have spent the extra £32 for the other lamp). I think it's still cheaper than my Gunsmith Cats pledge of a couple of years ago.

Back