J-Rock/Pop any fans here?

Martin said:
Jimi-Jam said:
Where’s Last.fm been all my life?

Just been getting to grips with this and it turns out its not a half bad way to listen to a whole heap of Japanese music – J-rock, J-pop, J-whatever, anything tagged as Japanese essentially – stuff you might never have thought of or heard of, let alone hear on any radio station (internet included).

Why did no one suggest this to me sooner?

So I’m now getting up to speed on all these bands everyone has been mentioning here, and maybe even a few that haven’t.
Same here - I joined a few days ago and found out that I'm a fan of Arc de Ciel and Cocteau Twins. This site is going to cost me a fortune in CDs in the next few months!

haha i only bought a B'z CD purely because Last.FM was recommending it to me.Though i wish it would stop telling me to listen to Miyavi >_< can't stand the guy.

Did hear a few tracks from the B’z – they seem to bang out some catchy tunes!
One Japanese band that has caught my ears is Mucc/Mukku - on the heavier side of things, perhaps not too far away from Dir en grey.
They remind me in places to the sound of the American band Korn, although this would be doing them an injustice since they seem to have more variety in their music.

Not looked at what it’s recommending me yet – besides which I have just under 10,000 tracks on iTunes that it has no idea about so its going to take some time before it knows what I listen to.

Mind you, it's just possible that could all change now I can listen to all this new music...

Seven months since the release of their latest album and close to a year since their last single, Dir en grey is finally releasing a new single, DOZING GREEN, on October 24th. The band has also scheduled their second domestic standing tour of the year, TOUR07 DOZING GREEN, starting on September 13th, and plan to follow that by once again touring in America and Europe, dates for which have yet to be announced

Looks like Dir en Grey will be over again sooner then i thought! Fantastic,can't wait :D

TRASHBAT said:
Seven months since the release of their latest album and close to a year since their last single, Dir en grey is finally releasing a new single, DOZING GREEN, on October 24th. The band has also scheduled their second domestic standing tour of the year, TOUR07 DOZING GREEN, starting on September 13th, and plan to follow that by once again touring in America and Europe, dates for which have yet to be announced

Looks like Dir en Grey will be over again sooner then i thought! Fantastic,can't wait :D

Sweet, I'll be looking out for this one. :D

Thanks for that, Trashbat, and I only hope for something great from them, though I'd much prefer something Agitated Screams of Maggots-esque, I'm looking forward to the release date!

Awesome! They never seem to stick to the same style for each album either, so I think however the new stuff turns out it'll be a surprise for us. Another tour will be the icing on the cake...apparently they were impressed with the reception that European audiences gave them so expressed an interest in visiting again.

Plastic Tree will be back in Europe in November, this time for a complete Europe tour! So far, the following dates have been announced:

November 2nd: Sweden - Stockholm - Klubben
November 3rd: Germany - Berlin - Columbia Club
November 10th: The Netherlands - Amstelveen - P60

More dates will follow soon

An england date maybe? would be nice :D

TRASHBAT said:
Plastic Tree will be back in Europe in November, this time for a complete Europe tour! So far, the following dates have been announced:

So close. I need to see them live.

Jayme said:
TRASHBAT said:

So close. I need to see them live.

After doing a bit of searching,it appears this date has been added -

11/7 - [TUE] ENGLAND / LONDON - CC CLUB

as well as a French one.

TRASHBAT said:

Where did you find them dates. :D

And the CC Club?!?! Whats that like. The website shows it like a restaurant club thing.

Jayme said:
TRASHBAT said:

Where did you find them dates. :D

And the CC Club?!?! Whats that like. The website shows it like a restaurant club thing.

Well i wasn't sure at first as i found them on some forum,but the dates have been officially announced now on this site -

http://www.jmusiceuropa.com/uk/news.php

So that date was correct :D But ive never been to the CC Club so wouldnt know what it's like :S

my favs are..
L'arc~en~ciel
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION
Plastic tree
Dir en grey
FLOW (i think they are called that..they do naruto songs)
ORANGE RANGE
WAG (did saiyuki reload ending2) ( i think it was them)
there will be more i just can't remember....

I've only dipped into Jpop/rock a lil bit but i've loved what i've heard of it.

Favs are Miyavi and Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I tried to get into Gackt because i like the music but his voice is.....meurgh, i dont like how he sings operatic - but i love the actual music, so annoying!

I'll make a point of listening to more, especially since my anime to view list is steadily decreasing!

Hiya Folks!

Just thought I would add a new post to this thread. I have been kindly informed that Goth Loli singer Moon Kana will be playing at the Camden Underworld on Weds 12 December. Which is ages away but still. If anyone's interested, you can get tickets on TicketWeb. I will be there, simply to check out something different. It's not often that any J-Rock stars venture to our shores.

Strangely enough, ever since I got into anime, I'd stopped going to gigs. The last one I saw was The Faint supporting Bright Eyes at Somerset House which was two years ago. I can't even remember what I was like back then, I've changed so much. That almost feels like another me.

M.G xx

Sorry to bring this old thread back,but I'm sure there was another person,besides myself and Manga Girls,that is going to An Cafe.So I just wanted to let them know that the gig has been moved to Carling Islington Academy.The tickets are still valid and it is still on the same day :)

TRASHBAT said:
Sorry to bring this old thread back,but I'm sure there was another person,besides myself and Manga Girls,that is going to An Cafe.So I just wanted to let them know that the gig has been moved to Carling Islington Academy.The tickets are still valid and it is still on the same day :)

I just had the text saying the same earlier :)

Spyro201 said:
TRASHBAT said:

I just had the text saying the same earlier :)

aaah cool.Just thought I'd let people know as when Girugamesh changed venues,I only got an email about it the day before the gig.

Back