J-Rock/Pop any fans here?

A moderate fan, mostly Anime soundtracks. My favourite aspect of Jpop is how the Japanese (as they so often do) can mix up so many styles at once and still pull it off - case of point are so many 'pop' songs which out of nowhere come in with a blistering guitar solo. It boggles my mind what they do with music sometimes - if a band over here did that they would either a) not be popular or b) crucified by their fans.

It works though! :)

Just got back from An Cafe.After going with not expecting to like them all that much,I was extremely impressed.They are epic live.The keyboardist who looks like he should be in The Klaxons? Amazing.Actually they all were.They put on a great show and interacted so much with the crowd.Their Engrish actually made me squee out loud.Plus getting high fives from all the guys was pretty nice ;)

Been listening to more Dir En Grey songs. To be honest, I've dishonoured myself by thinking half of the good songs I've listened to, since I've gave them a try, were shite.

TRASHBAT said:
Just got back from An Cafe.After going with not expecting to like them all that much,I was extremely impressed.They are epic live.The keyboardist who looks like he should be in The Klaxons? Amazing.Actually they all were.They put on a great show and interacted so much with the crowd.Their Engrish actually made me squee out loud.Plus getting high fives from all the guys was pretty nice ;)

Woo! It was awesome wasnt it! I stayed behind after the gig to wait for them to come out and the barrier fell over so I got knocked into Kanon. And then i got to grab Teruki's shoulder :lol: Plus (another) free poster! :D

Great night :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SK_jucq6Bnc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SK_jucq6Bnc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

From X Japan's Night of Destruction (last night? night before?)

And yeah...I cried.pfft....

I downloaded Versailles new song, I <3 Versailles, they're like the new age X-Japan of sorts.

Also checking up on "Chariots" the new band which contains Ex-Phantasmagoria vocalist Riku.

Finally, there's Anubis who have only released one single and that was mid-time last year. =[

w00t! Gotta say this alice nine. album has impressed me. This guys vocals ROCK, and there are some kick ass guitar parts.
Also, its been a while since I heard a GOOD 7.31 song :D

:D Way worth it.

Spyro201 said:
w00t! Gotta say this alice nine. album has impressed me. This guys vocals ROCK, and there are some kick ass guitar parts.
Also, its been a while since I heard a GOOD 7.31 song :D

:D Way worth it.

is alice nine somehow related to Johny 5?

You missed out the full stop ;) its 'alice nine.' XD

And ive no idea who/what Johnny 5 is, though i sense i heard my dad say it once or twice.

Alice Nine are very, very good.I vaguely remember signing a card for one of the members at Girugamesh...anyway, I suggest checking out some of their othet stuff as I personally feel it's a lot better then the Alpha stuff.

TRASHBAT said:
X Japan are playing in Paris on the 5th July at the Japan Expo.Anyone want to go?!

I dunno, as much as I love X I don't really want to put in the effort. >_>

[Would a true fan say such a thing?]

Lupus Inu said:
TRASHBAT said:
X Japan are playing in Paris on the 5th July at the Japan Expo.Anyone want to go?!

I dunno, as much as I love X I don't really want to put in the effort. >_>

[Would a true fan say such a thing?]

*gasp!*

Oh come one.I'll definitely be there.If you ever wanted to go, you can always tag along with myself and a friend if you wanted.The offers there.

Back