J-Rock/Pop any fans here?

Apple Bun is currently crashing at my house in the run up to Expo so I have nicked her iPOD and its jam-packed with j-rock and some really fun j-pop tunes! Stuff I'm liking so far are:

KinKi Kids - Brand New Song
Gackt - so much to choose from so lets say everything...
Home Made Kazoku - Nagareboshi - Shooting Star
NANA starring Mika Nikashima - Glamorous Sky
Hyde - Faith
Okina Reika - Tsuki no Curse (Loveless theme tune)
Malice Mizer - Le ciel
UVERworld - CHANCE!
Reira starring Yuna Ito - Endless Story
Tommy february6 - Lonely in Gorgeous (ParaKiss theme tune)
Miyavi - Hime
OLIVIA insp' REIRA - Wish
ROUND TABLE featuring Nino - Let me be with you
Snorkel - Namikaze Satellite
Utada Hiraku - Time Will Tell

I'm going to have a difficult time giving it back to her.... :wink:

M.G XX

Listening to my trusty internet radio I stumbled across a tune by Aoki Takamasa + Tujiko Noriko - sounded interesting – kind of spacey-electronic-experimental sort of stuff.
Noriko is main artist as far as I can make out.

As usual the Wiki entry provides some useful bits of info -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tujiko_Noriko
Was a song/tune off her ‘28’ album they played, obviously a collaboration of sorts with Takamasa.

Anyone else know this artist?

Listened to some B'z & Bump of Chicken recently.. quite like them I think x]
And totally loving hide & Zilch at the moment <3

grrrr Moi Dix Mois are doing another European tour...except they arn't coming to England.I'm annoyed,but it's times like this i wish i'd get my passport renewed.

Anyone going to that Anime day at HMV in oxford street? Electric Eel Shock and Miso Soup are playing.

Oh also,got Gazette tickets.But i may have a spare,soooo if anyones interested?...

TRASHBAT said:
Anyone going to that Anime day at HMV in oxford street? Electric Eel Shock and Miso Soup are playing.

Yeah i should be. Just for the sake of it, i have nothing else to do.

Don't have a clue about the details though. (date, time, etc.) I really should find out.

EDIT: ah the HMV provides little help,

Ghost In The Shell - Solid State Society DVD launch & Anime Day - Monday 20th August at:

HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London

Featuring the latest Japanese game demos Kendo Association live martial arts and Taiko Drummers live Live J-Rock bands - Electric Eel Shock and Miso Soup. Also there will be special guests, cosplay, spot prizes and much more!

The fun starts from 1.00pm with live bands from 5.00pm

Jayme said:
TRASHBAT said:
Ghost In The Shell - Solid State Society DVD launch & Anime Day - Monday 20th August at:
HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London

Featuring the latest Japanese game demos Kendo Association live martial arts and Taiko Drummers live Live J-Rock bands - Electric Eel Shock and Miso Soup. Also there will be special guests, cosplay, spot prizes and much more!
Sounds like a bit of fun.

I wonder if its worth the 400+ miles round-trip under the pretence of visiting my brother in London for an extended weekend?

Hmmm....

Dir en Grey in Kerrang! again.

I'm not sure if i like the 'Japans answer to MCR' statement though...oh well.Bit excited about seeing them tomorrow :p

TRASHBAT said:
I'm not sure if i like the 'Japans answer to MCR' statement though...oh well.Bit excited about seeing them tomorrow :p
t's Kerrang, they write things like that. I personally don't think they sound like MCR and nor do they have much of the same attitude in their music.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
TRASHBAT said:
t's Kerrang, they write things like that. I personally don't think they sound like MCR and nor do they have much of the same attitude in their music.

They differ immensely.

The only way the statement can make some sense is if it is talking about the popularity of both bands.

well Dir en Grey.The guys looked and sounded absolutely amazing.Everyone was belting each song back at them.And the band were actually more interactive with the crowd then i though they would be.Even though interactive still doesnt seem like the exact word...appreciative towards the crowd maybe? Anyway,the best gig ive been to in a very long time.Possibly the best ever.I even welled up a bit,and just could not stop smiling before and after the concert.

Got to say,this has made me extremely excited for gazette.But i would so see dir en grey over and over again.

Kerrang doesn't even know what they're talking about. They should get me to write an asian section for them, then it'd be done properly. ;/

If anyones interested,this is the setlist for dir en grey the other night...

G.D.S., Repetition of Hatred, The Fatal Believer, Saku, Rotting Root, Conceived Sorrow, Agitated Screams of Maggots, Ryoujoku no Ame, Obscure, Disabled Complexes, The Final, Dead Tree, Merciless Cult, Grief, The Deeper Vileness, E: Kodou, Lie Buried With a Vengeance, The IIID Empire, Clever Sleazoid

TRASHBAT said:
If anyones interested,this is the setlist for dir en grey the other night...

G.D.S., Repetition of Hatred, The Fatal Believer, Saku, Rotting Root, Conceived Sorrow, Agitated Screams of Maggots, Ryoujoku no Ame, Obscure, Disabled Complexes, The Final, Dead Tree, Merciless Cult, Grief, The Deeper Vileness, E: Kodou, Lie Buried With a Vengeance, The IIID Empire, Clever Sleazoid
Great, thanks! I recognised all the songs and could recall the order of the encore but didn't keep track of the running order of the main set. Anyway, the band were several shades of awesome and I'll provide linkage for the full review later this evening. :)

EDIT: It's a bit of a tough job but I've done a full article on the gig, trying to get a feel for how the band were as a whole (plus it's plugging the redesign I've done on my non-anime reviews archive!)

The band really did seem to benefit from the enthusiasm from the crowd - my personal highlight was that amazing performance of The Final.

Petrol money: £32
Ticket (not including admin fee): £27
Train fare: £31
Seeing the best goddamned live band on the planet: priceless. 8)

Envy pulses through every vain in my body at this moment in time. </3

Though no way in hell am I traveling to London to see them like... ever.

Where’s Last.fm been all my life?

Just been getting to grips with this and it turns out its not a half bad way to listen to a whole heap of Japanese music – J-rock, J-pop, J-whatever, anything tagged as Japanese essentially – stuff you might never have thought of or heard of, let alone hear on any radio station (internet included).

Why did no one suggest this to me sooner?

So I’m now getting up to speed on all these bands everyone has been mentioning here, and maybe even a few that haven’t.

Jimi-Jam said:
Where’s Last.fm been all my life?

Just been getting to grips with this and it turns out its not a half bad way to listen to a whole heap of Japanese music – J-rock, J-pop, J-whatever, anything tagged as Japanese essentially – stuff you might never have thought of or heard of, let alone hear on any radio station (internet included).

Why did no one suggest this to me sooner?

So I’m now getting up to speed on all these bands everyone has been mentioning here, and maybe even a few that haven’t.
Same here - I joined a few days ago and found out that I'm a fan of Arc de Ciel and Cocteau Twins. This site is going to cost me a fortune in CDs in the next few months!

Back