How did you get into anime?

How did you get into anime?

• Saw some on TV and liked it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Read about it in a magazine, eg SuperPlay, Neo, etc.

• Introduced to it by a friend.

• Played the game of an anime first, then got into the anime from there.

• Bought some on impulse because the covergirl was hot. Got into it from there.

• Total voters
Warmaster said:
I have managed to see it since then, though only subbed, and I'm one of those few Anime fans who prefers a dub when I can, and the old voices are still in my head even a decade on :p Is that Dvd the old manga dub or is it a sub?

The DVD I have is a US Manga Corps (RIP guys) release. It has the exact same dub as the manga entertainment release.

Love that dub! It's so delightfully cheesy. :D

Point of interest - it's also a legit region 0 DVD release, as are my copies of Honneamise and Macross II. So no multi-region DVD player required.

my introduction was a combo between tv and introduction by a friend, I watched tenchi muyo and dragon ball z as a kid on toonami (sure some of you remember toonami) regularly till about 2003 for various reasons mainly no longer having cartoon network for ages.... <,< anyway wasnt until about 5 years later a mate talks about it and im like yea i remember that he lends me a load of dragonball and dragonball z dvds and a couple of tenchi ones and some trigun thrown in,,,, it went from there.

Watched the credits of The Moomins and thought to myself, "Cor, blimey--that's a qu'er list o' names there, that is."

Uppa said:
Watched the credits of The Moomins and thought to myself, "Cor, blimey--that's a qu'er list o' names there, that is."
Ah World Masterpiece Theatre.
Probly the first anime I actualy realy watched, not that I realised it at the time.

Back