Haruhi Season 2 soon enough?

Seriously, whoever planned endless eight like it was, hated haruhi or was a complete idiot who assumed that everyone else were idiots like him and would follow haruhi regardless of whatever crap they put it through.

Even though I love haruhi, it will be a lot harder for me to spend my money on S2 as I did with S1 LE's and all....

chaos said:
Seriously, whoever planned endless eight like it was, hated haruhi or was a complete idiot who assumed that everyone else were idiots like him and would follow haruhi regardless of whatever crap they put it through.
Either that - or it is the most ingenious marketing scheme known to man and it's just not finished yet.

iisan said:
chaos said:
Either that - or it is the most ingenious marketing scheme known to man and it's just not finished yet.
I've heard a few people say something similar, but I fail to see how totally alienating the audience to begin with can be a good marketing strategy. :?

I think it was just an ill-advised attempt at being artistic and different. I imagine something along the lines of "Wow! Wouldn't this blow people's minds..?" was what whoever was responsible thought. That, or really piss off anyone who likes more original content each week than swimming costumes. As I said earlier, Groundhog Day worked because it was only an hour and a half long and was different and amusing each time. Endless Eight failed because it was the same every time and lasted eight weeks.

ayase said:
iisan said:
chaos said:
I've heard a few people say something similar, but I fail to see how totally alienating the audience to begin with can be a good marketing strategy. :?

I think it was just an ill-advised attempt at being artistic and different. I imagine something along the lines of "Wow! Wouldn't this blow people's minds..?" was what whoever was responsible thought. That, or really piss off anyone who likes more original content each week than swimming costumes. As I said earlier, Groundhog Day worked because it was only an hour and a half long and was different and amusing each time. Endless Eight failed because it was the same every time and lasted eight weeks.
I agree with Ayase on this one. Although I did met someone who actually liked endless eight.
I'm afraid that in the end, the decision was made by one of the studio execs, who were too high up to be argued out of it by staff.

iisan said:
chaos said:

maybe it's the same guy who decided this would be a good op for bleach and invented the bauto saga

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ummdPh4cEGQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ummdPh4cEGQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Surely there must be many doujinshi to provide such an event for you. I'd posit kissing won't be the only highlight in such publications...

The only thing that comes from this is the fact that you can call this "Endless Eight Episodes", or E3.

On a serious not, Kadokawa and KyoAni have really just shot themselves in the foot with this. I know that echos everyone else but its true, and its a shame. They did a good job with the original series, so why muck it up now? I mean its one thing that fans get fed up, but if its the same with the voice actors, then you MUST know you did something wrong. You would think as well that they would get some variation in the episodes as well, i mean the novel points out what is chosen and how many times its chosen, so if they go with one set thing, they aren't really being clever. I have no intention of watching it, so i can't see how bad it really was.

I will at least say its good to see Sighs getting animated, but i only hope its more than just one episode, since it the full novel 2.

After watching the latest episode of Haruhi, it did appear that "Sighs" would be more than one episode - and wikipedia (however trustworthy that may be!) lists the next episode as "Sighs part 2"...

panda z said:
After watching the latest episode of Haruhi, it did appear that "Sighs" would be more than one episode - and wikipedia (however trustworthy that may be!) lists the next episode as "Sighs part 2"...

what gave that away? the fact the episode is called the sigh of haruhi I? ;)

finally played catch up, am i the only one who felt the endless 8 had a evangelion ending kind of feel?

ayase said:
Ryo Chan said:
...am i the only one who felt the endless 8 had a evangelion ending kind of feel?
In what way?

think i remember why now

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SF9x8-eT4kw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SF9x8-eT4kw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i can just see that music playing at the end :D

oh and Eva spoilers

Question regarding how this will be released as a box set if anyone knows. Will this be released as a 28 episode box set with season 1 and season 2 episodes intermixed or will it be released as a separate 14 episode season 2 box set?

The reason I ask was that I was going to buy the first season box set this week but am now wondering if I should wait for a 28 episode box set. What do you think?

Asdrubael said:
Question regarding how this will be released as a box set if anyone knows. Will this be released as a 28 episode box set with season 1 and season 2 episodes intermixed or will it be released as a separate 14 episode season 2 box set?

The reason I ask was that I was going to buy the first season box set this week but am now wondering if I should wait for a 28 episode box set. What do you think?

Well at the moment from what i know i thought Haruhi season 2 wasn't licensed yet, so there is nothing set in stone for it at all. I would imagine if Bandai got it, like the previous series, they may do it in the fashion of TTGL or Gundam and do it in three parts. The way this "re-airing" has gone, i would imagine they would treat it as one season as its basically done in proper chronological order(despite the overlengthening of Endless Eight), so the three parts would be what they'd do

I see. I haven't watched the second season yet but I have read allll about the anger over the Endless Eight episodes. Its everywhere.

I wasn't suggesting season 2 was licensed yet at all, I was just wondering if anyone knew what would be the most likely way of releasing it.

From what you've said I'll probably get the season 1 box set now anyway as it is, then get the complete set when season 2 is licensed even if it means having duplicate episodes. It will probably be a while before its licensed and released anyway.

Thanks for the reply

It will be released as eight boxsets, each containing one eighth of the series repeated eight times.
Looks like it's going to be worse than that in Japan. Volume one is out, containing... one episode. I sincerley hope no-one is buying that.

Back