Haruhi Season 2 soon enough?

Okay, I will tell you that I'm not going to buy Endless Eight like that. :lol:

But seriously, I don't *think* I am. There are some nice extras with the DVDs, but yeah... I feel like I would be crossing the picket line if I bought them :p

ayase said:
It will be released as eight boxsets, each containing one eighth of the series repeated eight times.
Looks like it's going to be worse than that in Japan. Volume one is out, containing... one episode. I sincerley hope no-one is buying that.
And that's how they are going to release endless eight, 1 dvd per episode.

Bravo! When I though KyoAni couldn't be braver, they go on and do it again...
:/

I just hope it fails so miserably, that they are forced to license

and because of that:
Asdrubael said:
Question regarding how this will be released as a box set if anyone knows. Will this be released as a 28 episode box set with season 1 and season 2 episodes intermixed or will it be released as a separate 14 episode season 2 box set?
I seriously doubt it, considering I've haven't seen much S1 + S2 collections about. From the top of my head I can only think of two collections boxsets that involved several seasons, one was dokuro-chan and the other is the slayers with s1 +2 + 3.

ayase said:
It will be released as eight boxsets, each containing one eighth of the series repeated eight times.
Looks like it's going to be worse than that in Japan. Volume one is out, containing... one episode. I sincerley hope no-one is buying that.

I'm pretty sure it's 2 episode like ever other anime in Japan
cept the really long 100 ep ones

I'm just saying a complete 14 eps season two boxset ( unless they have more episodes heres hoping C=)
so that people in America and here would actually get it that way

^ Nope, one only. From the product page:

"Vol. 1 comes with the new episode Sasa No Ha Rhapsody, plus a commentary card and the following extras."

You can either have the ordinary version for £25, or the LE for £32. Don't do it Japan. KyoAni need to be taught an expensive lesson.

ayase said:
^ Nope, one only. From the product page:

"Vol. 1 comes with the new episode Sasa No Ha Rhapsody, plus a commentary card and the following extras."

You can either have the ordinary version for £25, or the LE for £32. Don't do it Japan. KyoAni need to be taught an expensive lesson.

Bet when they were discussing thet were like "NO MAN THAT'S INSANE THINK OF THE FANS!!!!!!!" (obviously drunk ceo) "AH F*CK THEM WE GO K-ON DON'T WE???!!!!"
"True but still that can't last forever can it?"
"I dissagree haruhi can die I'm tired of it hearing about it on the train at home on the street it's always haruhi this and mikuru that I'M TIRED OF IT!!!"

"You bastard it's all about what you want i'm make sure you this plan never happe..."

Gets shot

"EH WHO ELSE WANTS TO BE A BIG MAN EH!!!??? No one leaves till endless eight is done."

and that's what happened

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is the only ep on v.1, but rather generously they will be releasing Endless Eight two episodes to a disc from v.2 onwards!

それを日本してはいけない! 高いレッスンを教えられる京都アニメーションの必要性!
Japan should not have it! Kyoto Animation needs to be taught a lesson expensive!

That's the best I can do at the moment with the tools at my disposal...

chaos said:
ayase said:
Don't do it Japan. KyoAni need to be taught an expensive lesson.
You should have said that in Japanese, I don't think they heard you...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... eptember-6

It apparently sold 25,397 so far
(o.0)

The thing is, thats Bamboo Leaf, which i would expect more people to buy than anything related to endless eight. So how the endless eight dvds sell will be something to look out for.

Arbalest said:
chaos said:
ayase said:

(o.0)

The thing is, thats Bamboo Leaf, which i would expect more people to buy than anything related to endless eight. So how the endless eight dvds sell will be something to look out for.
It's just that the DVD has only one episode...

chaos said:
Arbalest said:
chaos said:
ayase said:

(o.0)

It's just that the DVD has only one episode...

Agreed, i personally wouldn't buy it, but i honestly believe that one episode is better than the entirety of endless eight, so if anyone is to buy anything, that single episode is what i'd recommend. Ok they now have the Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya being animated, but the gap between bamboo leaf and them stops it from being released together.

Lots of series start out with a one-ep v.1 in Japan (or two eps where the rest of the releases will be four to a disc), it's not that much of a surprise.

So this gets a second revival from me.

It seems that KyoAni have decided to go the film route for Disappearance, as they have the film planned for it next year:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-for-2010

My hopes this time are that they don't muck this up. They've already shot themselves in the foot with Endless Eight, so they need to work their way back up if they want the popularity they had previously. When i think on it though, perhaps a film adaptation of the novel maybe a better idea, but i would've preferred it in this series instead of the hellish system they had up.

Arbalest said:

It seems that KyoAni have decided to go the film route for Disappearance, as they have the film planned for it next year:

My hopes this time are that they don't muck this up. They've already shot themselves in the foot with Endless Eight, so they need to work their way back up if they want the popularity they had previously. When i think on it though, perhaps a film adaptation of the novel maybe a better idea, but i would've preferred it in this series instead of the hellish system they had up.

1) OH MY GAH!

2) this is the important one, is there ANY chance this will get a UK cinema or DVD/Blu-Ray release?

SundayMorningCall said:
Arbalest said:

1) OH MY GAH!

2) this is the important one, is there ANY chance this will get a UK cinema or DVD/Blu-Ray release?

Its only more or less announced so any info won't appear for a good while. Erm chances are japan will get both yeah, for us on the other hand, tough to say. I doubt we'd get a cinema release at all, but blu ray possibly.(would say more, but gotta leave uni)

Back