Haruhi Season 2 soon enough?

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Right, i won't make a post on the new section for this, since nothing is 100% confirmed, but the re-run of the series is set to have 28 episodes and not 14. Its not been said that it will be a new season but it does sound like its possible. The main bit of the news was mentioned on ANN.

Sounds like its possible? I'm hoping so, and with the rerun being done in chronological, i'm hoping for the new season, which i think is likely, will be done chronologically as well.[/url]

Well, I'm definitely hoping it's true. Haruhi is a series that blew me away. I wasn't expecting much, but I found myself hooked to it so badly, that I even bought the limited editions.

chaos said:
Well, I'm definitely hoping it's true. Haruhi is a series that blew me away. I wasn't expecting much, but I found myself hooked to it so badly, that I even bought the limited editions.

I also bought the limited editions and at the time didn't know anything about Haruhi, but once I started watching it I couldn't stop. So I also hope it is true.

I'd certainly be up for picking up the sequel. Though if they are mingling old and new like this, it will be a total headache for the DVD release - haha.

R

Rui said:
I'd certainly be up for picking up the sequel. Though if they are mingling old and new like this, it will be a total headache for the DVD release - haha.

R

It wouldn't be actually. Considering that the airings are showing Haruhi in its chronological order. So don't expect a mix up of episodes on a grander scale than before.

*Smirk* You just cant get rid of a good Brigade Leader. :)

But a series of Haruhi with 6 eps of her gone missing...? It's like Jesus and Easter. Gone for a few days and then pops out when they least expect it. :p

All-in-all, definately looking forward to it!

RetroRainbow said:
I heard! :)

I'm wondering will it show the complete first season, though. It would make enough sense~ fourteen episodes for season one, fourteen for season two. And at a rough episode estimate, fourteen episodes for season two is certainly plausible.

#1. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
#2. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
#3. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 2
#4. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 3
#5. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 4
#6. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 5
#7. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 6
#8. Where Did the Cat Go?
#9. Snow Mountain Syndrome 1
#10. Snow Mountain Syndrome 2
#11. Endless Eight
#12. Charmed at first sight LOVER
#13. Original episode
#14. ?

In my opinion, if they adapted anymore then fourteen episodes, I think they'd be venturing into the third season, if we get one.

Which would delve into the more troubling things. Such as, that 'sneering bastard' Fujiwara, more about Mori and the agency, saving the important kid, and of course, Sasaki.

Also, I sincerely hope they stick to the original character design. If going on KyoAni's recent character designs, I'd be very, very worried.

I agree with that plan actually. Though isn't it possible they could also do The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru? Or do you think that'd be more suitable for them to animate if they do a third season and focus on The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya?.

Last edited by a moderator:
RetroRainbow said:
The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru would make sense if we go with the novel flow, but I think it would be more appropriate for a third season.

Besides, I've a feeling that important kid they save in it will have a bigger part later on. There was too much emphasis on him not to, really. I've a feeling he turns out to be the head of Mikuru's agency, or something. Besides, it fits in more with Intrigue, following the emphasis on Mikuru. Melancholy shows another part of Mikuru's position~ that she truly is being told nothing, and is always left in the dark. That's the first time I felt sorry for her, actually.

I think it's definitely a prelude for Intrigue. And if there was a third season, I think there could easily be twenty something episodes~ Intrigue, being the longest, could take up seven or eight episodes, easily.

Ah yeah now i see what you mean. The only thing with the third series though i think would be that it would only have Volume 7 and 8 to work with, at least fully. I mean from what i can remember of Volume 9(been a while since i read it), isn't it the same story being told in two different ways with Kyon's old crush arriving at the school, and Volume 10 is meant to be the conclusion overall for it, but we're still waiting for its release. Has there been ANYTHING on volume 10 at all since it was originally delayed?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is somewhat true. The director of the original series confirmed a second series, although it is currently difficult to decipher whether it will come forward.

I hope that it is produced. Haruhi had everything in it, which was why it was so popular: science-fiction, romance, comedy, action, drama, fan-service, big-breasted girls, flat-chested girls, bunny-girls (cosplay), music concerts, Gods, time-travel, world-famous orchestrated symphony's, and an amazing ending dance.

Shame we'll have to wait till the 24th

Dont know what kadokawa are playing at though, its highly unusual to run a new season amongest the old season at the least :roll:

Clouded said:
Shame we'll have to wait till the 24th

Dont know what kadokawa are playing at though, its highly unusual to run a new season amongest the old season at the least :roll:

Actually this works out for the better. Despite the first series being in chronological order, there is still chapters and a full novel which takes places between some of the events you've already seen. So basically they are giving Haruhi fans what they want, the story in chronological order, and i for one am happy with this.

If i can find the order someone made on Anisuki, i'll post it here and you'll see what i mean when i say its properly chronological.

Right, this is a list that i was able to find, and it includes episodes from the second novel(which is set for release in october), so the order is still different, but its more accurate to the way it should be:

Melancholy I
Melancholy II
Melancholy III
Melancholy IV
Melancholy V
Melancholy VI
Sighs I
Sighs II
Sighs III
Sighs IV

Boredom
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Mysterique Sign
Lone Island Syndrome I
Lone Island Syndrome II
(Someday in the Rain) - estimated location/not in the novels
Disappearance I
Disappearance II
Disappearance III
Disappearance IV
Disappearance V
Endless Eight

Day of Sagittarius
Snow Mountain Syndrome
Live Alive
Episode 00
Charmed at First Sight LOVER
Where Did the Cat Go?

Bolded is new to be animated. Ok yeah this isn't the official list, but its still something.

Yeah i already posted it before, didn't realise it was updated though. Doesn't look like there is much else new mentioned really at all, Bamboo leaf Rhapsody was mentioned beforehand. Still i will be watching it, i myself adore "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya" and the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, so i'm looking forward to seeing it animated.

Egads this will be the biggest thing since sliced bread for otaku every were. Seriously, RR couldn't be more on the mark, so i should take a sock with me just in case.

all the same that everyone is hoping that it picks out ep from the novel that weren't depicted in the first season such as the 'bamboo rhapsody'. but for whatever they might miss this time, there's no doubt there will be a third season. Or they'll create more novels so there is, one way or the other

Back