Without even having experienced tsukihime yet I too am psyched for Arc - it's all your fault!!
Well hope I haven't overhyped it. I love it but taste is subjective (and I don't think I have said too much about it?)

We will probably get the annoucned english port before then (at least I hope). You will get to have the unique experience of also getting to see Aoko from Witch on the Holy Night appear in it too instead of the other way around.

Last edited:
Well hope I haven't overhyped it. I love it but taste is subjective (and I don't think I have said too much about it?)

We will probably get the annoucned english port before then (at least I hope). You will get to have the unique experience of also getting to see Aoko from Witch on the Holy Night appear in it too instead of the other way around.
Oh I'm certainly looking forward to the English version and don't worry, I have a habit of hyping myself up heh. Will try to lower expectations to not skew my enjoyment but given how much I like fate, I'm sure I'll enjoy this too.

Ah okay, so unlocking the interlude doesn't unlock the item shop that would go with the interlude if you can't get the welfare's Ascension materials - that's annoying, assuming I haven't misinterpreted.

The ascension materials are available for the welfare, it is more like you cannot buy like "Evil Bone" or such, which I assumed was available when the interlude was properly running (though that's an assumption on my part that you could buy additional stuff in the shop like other events).

As for the banner discussion, I mostly just go with what I feel like when a banner appears. There are exceptions, I saved for Jinako back in Feb / March and probably gonna do the same next year for a couple of characters, but generally, I just go with those I think seem funny to play or have an interesting kit or simply just look cool. I probably wouldn't have been able to pull Taira, Qin Shi Huang or Sei Shonagon - all of whom are a treat to play as and have interesting designs - if I were more conservative with my SQ or just following a "get these Meta characters" guide. Once again, there are exceptions (like now with Oberon / Koya) but generally, I just go with whatever and do a random 3 SQ summon here and there.

The ascension materials are available for the welfare, it is more like you cannot buy like "Evil Bone" or such, which I assumed was available when the interlude was properly running (though that's an assumption on my part that you could buy additional stuff in the shop like other events)
Ah okay, that makes sense as I was thinking it would be a shame to use rare prisms for the event without getting a fully ascended welfare.

I think summoning, like leveling and grailing, is probably best done as a mix of utility and personal favourites whilst balancing resources. I also only fork out for the guaranteed lucky summoning banners, so whatever I get now as f2p otherwise, I will probably save for favourites. Problem is FGO does characters really well most of the times, so it's can be hard to not try for every other banner and have nothing left by the time of your favourite's banner! The 6th lostbelt is case in point: even now I'm resisting Morgan and the tam lins so that I have a chance for summer Kama heh.

AUKN Discord game discussion channels for Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail are active. Sharing for those who weren't aware. Posts pretty much daily 🙌

Genshin Impact Channel

Honkai: Star Rail Channel

Screenshot_20230728-181119_Arknights.jpgScreenshot_20230728-180755_Arknights.jpg
The Where Vernal Winds Will Never Blow event has just started on Arknights. Managed to hire the limited 6* operator Chongyue and the 5* Firewhistle from the banner within 36 tickets. Didn't get Lin but as she's permanent that's not too big an issue. That leaves me with 120 tickets saved for the Monster Hunter collaboration. All according to plan.

Screenshot_20230816-123308_FateGO.jpg

A limited time extra paid summons for a guaranteed (old school!) 5* is ongoing in FGO at the moment. I managed to add Shuten Douji, whom I'm perfectly happy with, but in the meantime a 5* archer still continues to elude me whilst I am swimming in assassins heh. I think the game secretly does psych evaluations on players and is probably trying to tell me something...

A limited time extra paid summons for a guaranteed (old school!) 5* is ongoing in FGO at the moment. I managed to add Shuten Douji, whom I'm perfectly happy with, but in the meantime a 5* archer still continues to elude me whilst I am swimming in assassins heh. I think the game secretly does psych evaluations on players and is probably trying to tell me something...

Managed to get Gil, so now I'm an official mongrel. Cool with Shuten Douji, wouldn't mind getting her either.
You're correct about the gacha playing mindgames. After having finished LB6, I spent nearly all my SQ trying to get Barghest or Morgan only to end up with 4* ce at most. So did the first challenge quest in Nero fest, did one pull on the Merlin banner with the summon ticket and got him. This stuff works in mysterious ways.

Managed to get Gil, so now I'm an official mongrel. Cool with Shuten Douji, wouldn't mind getting her either.
You're correct about the gacha playing mindgames. After having finished LB6, I spent nearly all my SQ trying to get Barghest or Morgan only to end up with 4* ce at most. So did the first challenge quest in Nero fest, did one pull on the Merlin banner with the summon ticket and got him. This stuff works in mysterious ways.
Ah man, I sooo wanted to be a mongrel!! Nicely done and yeah the gacha is funny how it works - I wanted Fae Tristan but got 2 original Tristans instead heh. But I absolutely can't complain as I've been very, very fortunate overall. Those times when you get the 5* on a first pull are pretty sweet indeed! Not to mention addictive, though I managed to hold off throwing away all my accumulated sq trying for every lb6 character (they're all sooo good) to have enough left over to finally nab Merlin on his pleasantly unexpected banner.

Ah man, I sooo wanted to be a mongrel!!

I do sympathise with your quest for a 5* archer as it took me forever to get a golden rider. It was not until the Lostbelts that I got my first and while I certainly got by through support, eventually it just becomes bothersome with two or three SSR + a couple of SR sabers yet zero gold riders. Hope you manage to nab a 5* archer someday!

though I managed to hold off throwing away all my accumulated sq trying for every lb6 character (they're all sooo good) to have enough left over to finally nab Merlin on his pleasantly unexpected banner.

Nicely done yourself!

---

Will hold off on any banner for some time now as I see there are a couple towards the end of the year/beginning of the next that I probably will aim for. Then again, I guess there will be an "exclusive" NA banner for the few old limited servants I would like to have that'll mess up that plan...

I do sympathise with your quest for a 5* archer as it took me forever to get a golden rider. It was not until the Lostbelts that I got my first and while I certainly got by through support, eventually it just becomes bothersome with two or three SSR + a couple of SR sabers yet zero gold riders. Hope you manage to nab a 5* archer someday!

Nicely done yourself!

---

Will hold off on any banner for some time now as I see there are a couple towards the end of the year/beginning of the next that I probably will aim for. Then again, I guess there will be an "exclusive" NA banner for the few old limited servants I would like to have that'll mess up that plan...
Heheh so true on the latter, after this summer's kama banner I really want to try and hold out until next summer's banners where I want basically everyone, but I suspect a tumble off the wagon sometime before that somehow...

I was in the same boat with riders until recently but good old Ushi held the fort valiantly and I want to grail her someday just for that! I grailed my very first servant Emiya (again the game telling me from the getgo that it sees me for the cantankerous old fart that I am heh) to make up for a lack of a 5* archer so my roster is solid now thankfully. But yeah, whilst I've deduced that the support system in FGO is phenomenal after having played honkai star rail, those rare occasions you can't use supports effectively excludes you from certain quests, for example the recent grail front I found much, much easier with now more 5*s than the first one, etc.

Heheh so true on the latter, after this summer's kama banner

Yeah, I tend to avoid summer ones, thankfully. That said I read that summer Kama supposedly really good, so I wish you luck in getting her!

I really want to try and hold out until next summer's banners where I want basically everyone, but I suspect a tumble off the wagon sometime before that somehow...

Yeah, next summer seems wild. I rather like to get Arc then so I probably gonna save up a bit for then.

for example the recent grail front I found much, much easier with now more 5*s than the first one

Yeah, I managed to do all the challenge quests in Nerofest, but some of them would have been outright impossible if I hadn't had such a well developed roaster.

Yeah, I tend to avoid summer ones, thankfully. That said I read that summer Kama supposedly really good, so I wish you luck in getting her!
Thanks! Having Space Ishtar I don't really need to get her but being an fs/n fan I've really wanted Kama and this variant is likely to get more use from me than yet another assassin on my roster heh. But yeah, next summer's banners are ridiculous, so let's see how long my will power to save SQ holds out heheh.
Yeah, I managed to do all the challenge quests in Nerofest, but some of them would have been outright impossible if I hadn't had such a well developed roaster.
Exactly the same for me, had I not had the great fortune of getting the recent buster metas and additionally a very lucky AA through the paid summons, I may have struggled a fair bit more, if at all even have been able, to clear nerofest!

Watching BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!! finally convinced me to return to the franchise's mobile game BanG Dream! Girls Band Party. Been quite few years so I'm pretty rusty on rhythm games but it'll be nice to see these characters again. Will mainly be saving up for when MyGO!!!!! gets added to the game.

Screenshot_20230907-192209_Arknights.jpgScreenshot_20230907-192329_Arknights.jpg
Just hired Yato and Noir Corne's alters on the new Arknights x Monster Hunter collaboration. They also dropped a new batch of English voices for several characters which should be interesting to listen to especially with four of them being from the Arknights equivalent of Russia.

My FGO pull from the paid guarantee banner.

View attachment 30508
Aha that is a brilliant pull, congrats! Two solid 5*s (and some very useful CEs) is a miracle in itself but it would be even more satisfying if you didn't have our were wanting either of those two. Iskander is such a duuuuuuude and always nice to have an original fate zero character in your lineup (I've wanted him even more since that recent FGO anniversary video). He's also got one of the highest neutral damaging AOE NPs if I recall, which totally fits with the lore. I always read how Bride is a brilliant mixed DPS support. Money well spent eh?

I've been incredibly fortunate in the summer banners thankfully as well and managed to pull Kama. Finally, an adult version to wreak some havoc with! Great and very funny character in an otherwise weak story event, who is challenging Shisho as my favourite presently. Whilst trying for her I also got a silver spooking to gold (I will never get over the excitement of those) Ozymandias, who is amazing on paper (not to mention associated with one of the best if not fully self-absorbed quotes ever) but I do hate his pompous git of a character. Nevertheless he is too good to ignore and will get leveled up...eventually heh. Also got Caenis, another character whom I've really liked and found hilarious since lostbelt 5, so happy days. Used my remaining loot on the Okita banner and managed to get two Okitas (she's a bloody good saber and that's coming from someone using the destroyer that is the upgraded original Saiba, and the boss killer that is Hokusai saber) and two Charlotte's - very happy indeed and I'm glad I have a more usable version of Charlotte whom I've found to be such a sweet character in both the stories I've seen her in thus far. Didn't get Anastasia from the adorable trio banner, but very, very happy with my summoning. Now to try and can it in until next summer...let's see how long I last heh.

Aha that is a brilliant pull, congrats! Two solid 5*s (and some very useful CEs) is a miracle in itself but it would be even more satisfying if you didn't have our were wanting either of those two. Iskander is such a duuuuuuude and always nice to have an original fate zero character in your lineup (I've wanted him even more since that recent FGO anniversary video). He's also got one of the highest neutral damaging AOE NPs if I recall, which totally fits with the lore. I always read how Bride is a brilliant mixed DPS support. Money well spent eh?

I've been incredibly fortunate in the summer banners thankfully as well and managed to pull Kama. Finally, an adult version to wreak some havoc with! Great and very funny character in an otherwise weak story event, who is challenging Shisho as my favourite presently. Whilst trying for her I also got a silver spooking to gold (I will never get over the excitement of those) Ozymandias, who is amazing on paper (not to mention associated with one of the best if not fully self-absorbed quotes ever) but I do hate his pompous git of a character. Nevertheless he is too good to ignore and will get leveled up...eventually heh. Also got Caenis, another character whom I've really liked and found hilarious since lostbelt 5, so happy days. Used my remaining loot on the Okita banner and managed to get two Okitas (she's a bloody good saber and that's coming from someone using the destroyer that is the upgraded original Saiba, and the boss killer that is Hokusai saber) and two Charlotte's - very happy indeed and I'm glad I have a more usable version of Charlotte whom I've found to be such a sweet character in both the stories I've seen her in thus far. Didn't get Anastasia from the adorable trio banner, but very, very happy with my summoning. Now to try and can it in until next summer...let's see how long I last heh.

Nice dude. I think I am legit saving for Arcrueid myself so sadly I won't be sharing anything for the forseeable future. Honestly I need to catch up still since Honkai Star Rail has still been eating my time so I will be starting summer event this week lol.

Back