For Criticism, ???? and Profit.

vashdaman said:
Amazing stuff! Though, is it me, or is anyone else getting a weird optical illusion type effect from looking at her legs. Sometimes when I look at it I think she has both her legs merging together into the one foot...but then I notice she does still have another foot! Doubt that effect was deliberate, but impressive nonetheless. It's trippy.
Heh yeah, quite a few other people have mentioned to me that the way I've placed the seam in her stocking makes it look like both legs are on the one side. I'd never actually noticed before though that it almost kinda works - her right knee is in the right place for it to be the other leg. I've since shifted the line back a bit to try and correct this, but maybe I shouldn't have - I could have claimed I was trying to copy M.C. Escher...

Lawrence said:
Is that Lawnboy?

Looks pretty cool though, I would actually play. If some videogames these days had art as exciting as that on the front cover, it would be a change of pace.
Yeah, Lawnboy has been a strong supporter of the Area Shifty Bun youtube channel for a long time now, and we all decided to send him something as a token of our appreciation. As he collects Japanese MegaDrive games, I thought I'd try and paint him a bespoke case sleeve. Quite chuffed with how it turned out.

Definitely with you on the cover art as well; there was just something a bit special about MD box art back then. There's a great gallery of it on SegaGaGa, if you fancy a look.

ilmaestro said:
You levelled up while I was on hiatus, Prof, stellar work.
Thanks man, I'm determined not to rest on my laurels. :)

While I'm here, something new - a pinup print of Rachael from Blade Runner:

tumblr_mez8epUxE01rslmj4.jpg

I'm also taking commissions again, if anyone's interested. Sadly can't afford to give things away at the moment, but I will come down somewhat on price for people I know. Either note me on here or see http://www.alangraham.net

One of the other boards was a running a contest along the lines of 'draw your own character in the style of a different artist'. I thought this was a really interesting idea, but I wasn't going to enter it, because I had far too much work on. Then I noticed only one person was entering. I thought that was kinda sad, so...

NNzWR6x.jpg

Mine on the left, in the style of Kenichi Sonoda on the right. It needs another pass to work on the finer details like folds and line weight (it also badly wants colouring), but otherwise I'm quite pleased with it.

You may recognise this from last year, but when I went to use it for some self-promotional material, I found it was leaning pretty badly to one side. New version here has been tweaked to ensure all the features are in the right place, along with some general tidying up. Rachael was my favourite of the four Blade Runner images I did, so I'm glad to get it sorted out.

DSfJRjR.png

wow, some great stuff on this page! It's amazing how much you can improve in a little over a decade, maybe I should start to draw now and in 20 years I might start to approach your levels, prof.

Edit: It's the next page now, darn it.

Back