For Criticism, ???? and Profit.

Hah, thanks man :)

I only wish I'd taken up digital drawing (in a serious way) much sooner. Having the graphics tablet to work on for the past 3 years or so has made it much more convenient to draw regularly and encouraged me to experiment far more than I would have done with conventional methods.

Tentatively trying print on demand through zazzle here: http://www.zazzle.co.uk/ironicarts*

At the moment, it's only the Tinker Tailor poster and Rachael that are available, but I'll be adding to this over time. If you're interested in large-sized (A2 and up) print though, please send me a message first, as I may be able to get you a better deal through my local printers.

Thank you :)

But yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it seems to record. I think the rate of capture is relatively low (you only get the speeded-up video at the end, not 1:1), but the file size is very small and resolution is also very good - not much shy of 1080.

For Halloween, I pretended to be Frank Frazetta.

x3ZzL7S.jpg

"If only there were some way to combine my love of hot-blooded heroines with my love of electronic music from France", is how I will explain this one on subsequent occasions.

Finished version here

Last edited by a moderator:
In what I fear will prove to be part of an ongoing '90s nostalgia binge, I thought I'd have a go at drawing Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo:

Finished image here.

Having finally decided to upgrade my old copy of Photoshop, I thought I'd try painting over my old drawing of Chev Chelios to test out the new version.

Click image for larger version.

Finally submitted my entry for Tokyo Otaku Mode's Steins;Gate t-shirt design contest. If I'd had more time, I'd have done a bit more work on Okabe's hair, but considering that I was close to giving up on this one entirely, I'm pleased with how it's turned out.

Click image for larger.

There's nothing I hate more than an internet popularity contest, but voting is now active for the Steins;Gate competition, and the outcome is partly decided by facebook likes. So if you could take 30 seconds to click this link and like it on their page, I'd really appreciate it. There's also a process video for this one coming up, if anyone's interested. Thanks!

Link to Tokyo Otaku Mode.

Thanks man :) That Ryuko painting's been the first thing I've ever put up on deviantart that's broken a thousand hits, so I may well draw her again, just to commemorate the occasion.

Did a quick doodle of the T-800 the other night, but as I quite liked it, I decided to work it up properly. This actually started life in procreate on the ipad and, as I didn't have my stylus to hand, I actually drew the initial sketch with naught but my finger (in your face, wacom).

Finished image.

Excellent work as usual Prof, just looking back through this thread it's obvious you're improving all the time.

What program do you use to draw with on the iPad? I recently obtained one myself and while not a great artist, there's only one way you learn, and it would make a neat digital sketchbook.

Ah, thank you sir :)

Drawing on the pad is always a bit imprecise compared to working on a conventional tablet, but as a digital sketchbook, I find it very handy. I actually go back and forth between two programs though - Sketchbook Pro and Procreate. Procreate is arguably the more sophisticated, and I feel it's far better for working in colour, but I really like the basic pencil tool in Sketchbook Pro; it has a very natural appearance.

There is scope to customise the tools in Procreate, so it may be possible to make a better custom pencil, but out of the box, I think Procreate is better for painting, whereas Sketchbook is more suited to lineart.

Back