Figure discussion/picture thread

Which country are you in?

This their updated list of countries and shipping methods (updated 20/5/2022)

For UK it's only DHL and surface.
I am in the UK. I have a big order this month, AmiAmi automatically split it into parts without asking, and the only shipping method available on both payment pages were Surface. Even though when completing the pre-orders I had been selecting DHL for all of them.

I am in the UK. I have a big order this month, AmiAmi automatically split it into parts without asking, and the only shipping method available on both payment pages were Surface. Even though when completing the pre-orders I had been selecting DHL for all of them.
So when you go to pay it just gives you surface as the only option? Strange. Have you tried contacting them about it?

I had an order for this month that got split as one item is now scheduled for June. The item for this month still says DHL for shipping method, but item isn't in stock yet, so I'll have to see once it's time to pay.

So when you go to pay it just gives you surface as the only option? Strange. Have you tried contacting them about it?

I had an order for this month that got split as one item is now scheduled for June. The item for this month still says DHL for shipping method, but item isn't in stock yet, so I'll have to see once it's time to pay.
This is a different situation than items being delayed to a different month. The items were all in stock and ready to ship, but I guess the contents were too large for a single box (8 figures with a mix of 1/4, 1/6 and 1/7 scale sizes) and so they split them into separate boxes. I've already completed the payment and will just have to wait I guess, I didn't consider contacting them and asking why the only shipping option was surface at the time.

This is a different situation than items being delayed to a different month. The items were all in stock and ready to ship, but I guess the contents were too large for a single box (8 figures with a mix of 1/4, 1/6 and 1/7 scale sizes) and so they split them into separate boxes. I've already completed the payment and will just have to wait I guess, I didn't consider contacting them and asking why the only shipping option was surface at the time.
All I can think is that even when split they were still too big size/weight wise for DHL.

All I can think is that even when split they were still too big size/weight wise for DHL.
I messaged them and got a reason. They confirmed that both DHL and Surface have size limits, however the reason DHL is not at available at all is that they are just like PayPal in their prudishness. If you have any 'adult' items in your order DHL won't ship it, just as you cannot use PayPal for payment in those cases.

I messaged them and got a reason. They confirmed that both DHL and Surface have size limits, however the reason DHL is not at available at all is that they are just like PayPal in their prudishness. If you have any 'adult' items in your order DHL won't ship it, just as you cannot use PayPal for payment in those cases.
I don't know why just because it's an 'adult' item, as long as its not illegal then really you should be able to pay through PayPal and have it shipped via DHL.

You've intrigued me now to know what you got 😊

I don't know why just because it's an 'adult' item, as long as its not illegal then really you should be able to pay through PayPal and have it shipped via DHL.

You've intrigued me now to know what you got 😊
Basically including anything from the age restricted section on AmiAmi within an order will cause it to be considered an adults only order.

The age restricted section includes any wall scrolls, dvds, games, etc that contain nudity. Also any figures that are permanently naked with no dressed option.

Here take a look for yourself, it's NSFW obviously, but really what you'll find is not much different to what you'd see on an ecchi image board.

Basically including anything from the age restricted section on AmiAmi within an order will cause it to be considered an adults only order.

The age restricted section includes any wall scrolls, dvds, games, etc that contain nudity. Also any figures that are permanently naked with no dressed option.

Here take a look for yourself, it's NSFW obviously, but really what you'll find is not much different to what you'd see on an ecchi image board.

I couldn't look at the image (just a blank page came up?) but I'm sorry that you can't get your figurine, and also wondering if this means that PayPal won't let me pay for things like lube or sex toys on websites like Lovehoney anymore? I haven't ordered anything in a while cuz, well, apart from occasionally needing to stock up on the former I'm happy with what I already have, one of the few things where I have a relatively minimalist attitude lol, unlike everything else looks around at the piles and shelves full of art supplies, anime, manga, clothes, fabric and yarn, books, other live-action and animated media but I do need to replenish my supplies of said item at some point so like... yeah curious to know if they have changed their rules?

I understand about them being adult but they aren't illegal items. I can understand paypal and DHL refusing if they were illegal but as you said the only reason is them being prudish.

I couldn't look at the image (just a blank page came up?) but I'm sorry that you can't get your figurine, and also wondering if this means that PayPal won't let me pay for things like lube or sex toys on websites like Lovehoney anymore? I haven't ordered anything in a while cuz, well, apart from occasionally needing to stock up on the former I'm happy with what I already have, one of the few things where I have a relatively minimalist attitude lol, unlike everything else looks around at the piles and shelves full of art supplies, anime, manga, clothes, fabric and yarn, books, other live-action and animated media but I do need to replenish my supplies of said item at some point so like... yeah curious to know if they have changed their rules?
It can take a little while to load and then a box appears asking if you want to enter with a 'yes' or 'no' dialogue box.

Regarding PayPal you can see it on the AmiAmi and PayPal FaQ that they don't allow adult products.

It would appear from this bit on PayPal "PayPal may be restricted from processing payments in certain jurisdictions for adult DVD’s, magazines and other adult themed products or services."...it all comes down to the country. I don't know if it's a rule in Japan, as I've paid for adult items in the UK and used PayPal fine.

Have only used gamersheek personally but had no problems, they stocked it last release aswell. Partner Shop Listing | GOOD SMILE COMPANY Customer Support Shop partner list from the manufacturer if you want look around.
i'll add their listing to my web alert monitoring app and give them a go, i had a look through the list last night and from what i can remember i could only find it listed on 2 or 3 of the sites but i'll try looking again in the future incase they delete oop listings

AmiAmi was pretty good:
how do they handle customs?
I get my figures direct from Japan...usually works out cheaper too.
generally when you do are you pre-paying customs? and do you use certain companies or those companies that you ship to in japan and they package it and send it on to you (i forgot the name of that service)

also thanks guys for the help

generally when you do are you pre-paying customs? and do you use certain companies or those companies that you ship to in japan and they package it and send it on to you (i forgot the name of that service)

also thanks guys for the help
Customs isn't prepaid but recently (certainly since brexit) I've not had any custom charges from anything I've ordered from Japan.

I always use Amiami and I used to get customs from them all the time but as I just mentioned I don't any more. Another site I use is Hobby & Figure Shop - Big in Japan and they've always marked it as 'gift' and undervalued it (you can also ask for this) so again I've never had customs with them.

Thank goodness EMS shipping is finally available again News - Japan Post.

Having to choose between the overpriced DHL or waiting 3+ months for surface mail has been really annoying. I'm still waiting for 3 parcels that were sent a while ago via surface mail when it was the only option available.

Back