Figure discussion/picture thread

Emulsion said:
BiJ has cancelled my Shadow Wing figure. The figure was meant to be Japan only and that's why AmiAmi, Hobby Search and some others didn't have her on the English version of their sites. NY and BiJ did have her listed like they do with exclusive(hobby japan and some shop exclusive), however Orchid Seed have contacted them and told them it's restricted and can't be shipped overseas.

Wow that sucks, I've not heard of a manufacturer contacting companies and telling them not to sell overseas before. I could understand it perhaps if they had some kind of deal with a US distributor but otherwise it seems like they are just losing out on sales and on customer good will.

Well, finally unboxed the figures I had on hand and put them in the cabinet, using up yet more of my rapidly dwindling space. Really having to rejig hard to fit them in... anyways...

Lv5LcZSh.jpg

uQLXLFVh.jpg

and a super rarity for me, one of the (very) few male figures I own.
mH5LhJCh.jpg

lastly it's a bit hatd to see due to the millions of manga in the background, but my space issues...

di5yaM9h.jpg

Daredevil is so hot. Been staring at this non stop since yesterday.

2lJbzY5.jpg

One girl away from ARIA heaven.

Dy2Dgqv.jpg

lastly it's a bit hatd to see due to the millions of manga in the background, but my space issues...

Woah that's crazy. Is there any space between the display cases and your book shelf?

Yeah just about enough to squeeze in and grab the manga but its an epic pain...

I really need to fit a third case in somewhere but the laws of the universe dont seem to be malleable enough for that

Cleaned all my figures yesterday and as I have no more figures coming this year I took a photo of them all.
Iris Hallett is missing from these photos as I need a new shelf, so for now she is on another non figure shelf.
Emulsion1472745451.jpeg

Emulsion1472745453.jpeg

Looking really nice, I'm still a long way from being able to display my collection at the moment, but I'm thinking of the best way to do it. A few wall shelves might be a good idea in addition to a display cabinet or three.

Elphelt doesn't come out until April, so i'm hoping the exchange rate is a little better by then.

I think that is the best Maki figure that has been released so far.

Elphelt doesn't come out until April, so i'm hoping the exchange rate is a little better by then.

I think that is the best Maki figure that has been released so far.

It'd be nice to think it might improve but given the market freaked out when everyone just re-iterated what we already knew I'm not sure. Maybe if the Bank of Japan can ever get it's currency weakening plans to work it'll help offset things.

Yeah that Maki is pretty awesome, I'm not even a Love Live fan but it just ticked a lot of 'this figure is awesome' boxes for me. Going to do my best to stay away from LL overall as that's an endless money pit and I have enough of those already.

I'm really looking forward to Ookami to Koushinryou - Holo - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company) as it was made in response to the fan vote. Still can't believe they'd actually need a fan vote to decide to make her given any Holo items automatically sell out.
Christown1475371882.jpeg

Very nice pickup friends-of-the-figures. Especially like the Maki figure Rosencrantz. Very much in doubt in getting this, but knowing myself i would want to have the complete collection of Idol Festival which would set me back a pretty penny.

Anyways, have this on pre-order for the moment, Emilia-tan :) Have to wait now until it's release in May next year

268667_s4.jpg

Back