FF XII

So Ashe should've been the main character in other words, since it'd be better to be the one who is involved the most, than the guy watching on the side-lands, not aware of anything apart from his own city he lives in... but I guess that's what being a street urchin does to you. Btw we really needed to play as more non-hume characters, Fran doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

Nah I don't like the idea of Ashe being the main character as then it would be more of a straight story, as in dethroned princess gathers recruits and power to retake the power.

I love the idea of Vaan starting off young, and then going on to become stronger through hunts, Ashe would never do that as she is too focused on her thrown

Dunno if I'd like Ashe to be the main character, but she kind of already is in a sense, either way the game is awsome.
Out of interest what characters do you use (the most in the 3 member party), for me its Ashe on magic (black and white, the odd time magic), Vaan on white magic and sword/shield, Basch on melee also. Sort of a red mage/ paladin/ warrior set up.
I don't like using Fran or Penelo.

Main Team would be:

I use Vaan up front, with Katana (to be swapped with Samurai Swords when they become available) = multiple hit attacks

Balthier with his guns and black magic for support and long distance attacks

Basch with heavy armour shield and axes for destructive power and to draw enemies attacks

In reserve I have:

Penelo - Staffs and Poles
Fran - Black Magic and Bows
Ashe - Sword and Shield to draw attacks

I have never seen a GAME OVER screen in any final fantasy as much as i have twelve!!

Ive enjoyed the difficulty level though. Is a joy when you finally take down that boss or mark

Cactuar King said:
I have never seen a GAME OVER screen in any final fantasy as much as i have twelve!!

Ive enjoyed the difficulty level though. Is a joy when you finally take down that boss or mark

Yep thats why i love it, the difficulty is challenging, although I have only seen this screen when out doing Hunts as some of them as insanely difficult

I've died like... five times in total, it's not too hard, but far more interactive and less trivial than the other FF since I can run and get others to heal me as a monster is attacking me when I have low health. XP

So, what weapon types are all of your characters using?

Aaron said:
cercia said:
Interested in knowing what everyone thinks of this perfect new FF game.
Perfect? You can't be talking about XII. ;)

Yes, you can! FFXII is a brilliant game, truly one of the best I;v ever played. It;s up there with FFVII, I would say.

CitizenGeek said:
So, what weapon types are all of your characters using?

McIcy said:
Main Team would be:

I use Vaan up front, with Katana (to be swapped with Samurai Swords when they become available) = multiple hit attacks

Balthier with his guns and black magic for support and long distance attacks

Basch with heavy armour shield and axes for destructive power and to draw enemies attacks

In reserve I have:

Penelo - Staffs and Poles
Fran - Black Magic and Bows
Ashe - Sword and Shield to draw attacks

Havent changed my teams weapons much from above as I love the fact that I have one long range and two close combat fighters which makes battles a lot easier to manage. Although I do switch Basch between Hammers and Axes depending on which is more powerful or has higher odds of delivering multiple blows

This is defiantly the best FF game, the combat system awesome the story, maybe not and there isnt really a definitive 'cool' character, but the combat system just neutralises all of that. Also the gambit system is great once you get the status gambits.

At the moment iam at Faywood at Gigas gate.

My A team
All level 47
Vaan - Sword and Shield, mainly buffing.

Ashe - Healer with a staff.

Basch - Sword and Shield, secondry healer.

My B team
All level 39
Balthier - Gun

Penelo - Healer with rod or staff.

Fran - Bow, secondry healer.

I am just realising how little I have been taking advantage of the Bazaar, I have been just randomly selling what I find and now I realise this is gonna cause me a lot of trouble in the future especially when it comes to building the best weapons and armour..... ARGHHHHH so annoyed that I have sold such brilliant kit for cash only

I've had FFXII since the US release at the end of October and I'm still ploughing my way through it. I finished up some hunts and then a lot more show up! It never ends! :p

I don't have a main team as I like to level up all my characters equally - currently all are at level 27 - but here is what I have everyone as:

Vaan - Dagger and Shield + Buff Spells
Ashe - Spear + Arcane/White Magic
Penelo - Broadsword and Shield + White Magic
Fran - Longbow + Black Magic
Balthier - Gun + Time/Mix Magic
Basch - Samurai Sword + Random Magic

It's probably going to take me another 5 months to complete! :wink:
________
Vapolution

Arghhhh finally collected all the items needed to build a Ninja Sword (took 2 hours) and its useless on the next level I am attempting as it equipped with the dark element and thats all I am fighting dammit back to the katana's

finally finished this game last weekend, took me around 53 hours, disappointed with the difficultly of the game towards the end.
Completed the game with 3 characters leveled 55,50&48 with no real effort, all i needed in the end of melee attacks with the odd heal with my quickenings and espers along with attack magic been made redundent.

But wont argue with the diffcultly throughout the game, saw that game over screen more times in FF12 than i did playing all of FF7,8,9,10&10-2.

Guess its now time to go back and try doing some of those optional side quests :).

The side quests are well worth it, I've pretty much put the story part of the game on hold whilst I complete the side quests like the Hunts and building weapons/armour/items in the Bazaar.

At the moment all my characters are pretty much Gods, have got every license so they have all the extra powerups and are all level 50's, the last boss I went up against was out with one chain attach. However the hunts are definately getting harder, and I am loving it.

Even though I love the game I stopped playing, I only have a few places left to go then I've completed it... I think it's because my PC is all fixed I lost interest with it. =X

Lupus Inu said:
Even though I love the game I stopped playing, I only have a few places left to go then I've completed it... I think it's because my PC is all fixed I lost interest with it. =X

I still have so much to do on it, I am now in Arcadia about the head to Draklor Labs, but I am taking more time out to complete the 3 hunts I have remaining in my Clan Primer also I have 2 medalions to find and some weapon parts to hunt for......... Busy Busy Busy, I am really dreading this game ending as I have loved finding all the side stuff, which makes it one of the best FF's in my opinion

Back