Doctor Who Discussion

Yeah they usually get moved back a week or two. Expecting we’ll hear about the next set in mid April.

Expecting my copy of The Faceless Ones to arrive over the weekend or next Monday.

Forum goers are reporting that their second pressing Season 12 sets are being dispatched from Amazon and Zoom. Apparently some label misprint versions are still going out from Amazon though.

True, my guess is another Pertwee (9 or 11) or a B&W season (2 or 6). 20 is rumoured too but may come out nearer the end of the year depending on how the scheduling turns out

Power of Daleks seems to have a Special Edition due in July
Includes exciting new special features:
• Two new documentaries about Power of the Daleks
• 1993 BBC audio version of The Power of the Daleks narrated by Tom Baker
• Raw incidental music
• Photogrammetry Featurette
• Whicker's World - I Don't Like My Monsters to Have Oedipus Complexes
• Daleks - The Early Years: A 1992 documentary presented by Peter Davison
• Robin Hood - 1953 Episode: Patrick Troughton’s earliest surviving TV appearance
• BBC archive footage from BBC regional news, BBC Breakfast, Blue Peter and Newsnight
• Previously unreleased animation trailers and animatics

Power of Daleks seems to have a Special Edition due in July
Yeah Simplyhomeentertainment (I think) leaked a listing a few weeks back. I’ll probably get this at some point, I doubt we’re getting a Season 4 Boxset anytime soon. They’re updating the animation too according to the Facebook page announcement.

Last edited:
Also, a separate post for this, I see The Highlanders listed as a special feature-I wonder if this is a trailer for an upcoming animation or a reconstruction?

Hopefully Highlanders is the next animation, also hope my copy of season 14 doesn't take too long to arrive as still waiting for a Blu-ray from zoom that was posted on 17th (if it isn't lost)

Highlanders would be nice to see as it’s been a while since a historical story has been animated (Reign of Terror was the last iirc), it would also be another part of Season 4, which is now looking more complete than ever.

I’ve been watching the Whose Doctor Who documentary on the Talons Season 14 Bonus disc and it appears that all of the individual clips from the various stories that were featured have been restored Alongside the rest of the documentary.

The black and white stories like The Dalek Invasion of Earth, The Krotons and The Seeds of Death looked very impressive, which makes me hope for a 60s season in The Collection line soon.

For those that missed out, the Season 14 Blu Ray Boxset is getting a second run and should be available to order now.

Back