Doctor Who Discussion

So is anybody planning on buying the upcoming Blu Ray release of Doctor Who Season 12? Looks like a packed release and if it sells well there's apparently plans for another three or four sets to come out in the future.

So is anybody planning on buying the upcoming Blu Ray release of Doctor Who Season 12? Looks like a packed release and if it sells well there's apparently plans for another three or four sets to come out in the future.
I was planning on it, but then completely boycotting the new run

Any particular reason?
Because in order to allow a woman to play the role, they've retconned a lot of history and changed the gender of the character. The last time her character was in it he was a man (1986). This regeneration of The Doctor knew he was dying so struck up a deal with The Timelords to bump off Colin Baker's Doctor in exchange for additional regenerations.

EDIT - If that's all retconned and didn't actually happen can we not get the boxsets for free?

The new Tom Baker interview alone should make it worthwhile, haven't watched most of season 12 in a long time.
Genesis is the main reason im reason im buying it but those special; features look great its again a massive shame Liz Sladen and Ian MArter aren't here to celebrate the season

Because in order to allow a woman to play the role, they've retconned a lot of history and changed the gender of the character. The last time her character was in it he was a man (1986). This regeneration of The Doctor knew he was dying so struck up a deal with The Timelords to bump off Colin Baker's Doctor in exchange for additional regenerations.

EDIT - If that's all retconned and didn't actually happen can we not get the boxsets for free?
The Master is a woman,
The past 3/4 series of Moffat's did retcon and made Time Lords have really no gender which Bill points out why are they still called timelords, they are aliens they should have never had our concept of Gender etc really esp when Regenerations exist

Genesis is the main reason im reason im buying it but those special; features look great its again a massive shame Liz Sladen and Ian MArter aren't here to celebrate the season
Definitely, Genesis is a superb story. I feel that Harry Sullivan was an under-appreciated companion and hearing Ian Marter's thoughts would have been great. There's thankfully quite a lot of material that Liz Sladen was involved in prior to her death including the commentaries which I should really listen to more of.

The notion that some actors aren't here to see the release reminds me of all the lost B&W episodes that some actors never lived to see recovered.

Definitely, Genesis is a superb story. I feel that Harry Sullivan was an under-appreciated companion and hearing Ian Marter's thoughts would have been great. There's thankfully quite a lot of material that Liz Sladen was involved in prior to her death including the commentaries which I should really listen to more of.

The notion that some actors aren't here to see the release reminds me of all the lost B&W episodes that some actors never lived to see recovered.
Got an email saying it’s delayed to July 2nd from Amazon if true 😭😭😭

Got an email saying it’s delayed to July 2nd from Amazon if true 😭😭😭
Yeah I saw that, maybe it's a packaging issue, maybe they're ensuring that the release looks as good as possible, especially since this might be the relaunch of the DW series on home media in HD. They don't want it to have flaws otherwise it might deter some from buying future sets.

An update on the Who Blu Ray front it looks like the set has sold out at Amazon.co.uk, but with them it could any any reason why the listing has changed.

Back