Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

NoSurprises

Straw Hat Pirate
Since technically it's 'Anime' in a 'Disc' format (I might be stretching this definition a bit).

Has anyone had any issues with their copy of Evangelion Finally? My pressing seems dire, large and frequent distortions (plays out as a hiss) on disc one. Record itself doesn't look particularly warped, player is fine as I've tried it with various other stuff.

demonix

Hunter
Since technically it's 'Anime' in a 'Disc' format (I might be stretching this definition a bit).

Has anyone had any issues with their copy of Evangelion Finally? My pressing seems dire, large and frequent distortions (plays out as a hiss) on disc one. Record itself doesn't look particularly warped, player is fine as I've tried it with various other stuff.
I didn't hear anything when I went through side A but the setup I was using was a bit of a hack job, and I did do a recording at the same time (thank you GPO PR50 and your ability to record to USB) but I'm unlikely to be able to notice any issues due to the added background noise from the compression on the recording.

NoSurprises

Straw Hat Pirate
I didn't hear anything when I went through side A but the setup I was using was a bit of a hack job, and I did do a recording at the same time (thank you GPO PR50 and your ability to record to USB) but I'm unlikely to be able to notice any issues due to the added background noise from the compression on the recording.
Thanks for checking! I may have picked up another variant in the meantime, and that plays fine, so seems I was just unlucky and got a mispress!

ActionFaust

Dragon Knight

Mine also had similar issues on the first disc. May have just been a bad batch