UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I got a free 75 day pass to Crunchyroll with my Game Pass sub so thought I'd check it out, try out some shows etc more easily.

I'm running on Nvidia Shield TV so it uses the Android TV version of the app.

It's not great, can't skip intros, seems to have no bookmark points, I find it buffering sometimes (wired connection with 900/120 fibre internet) and I can't for the life of me find a way to mark shows as dropped/not interested, so stuff is sat on my continue list I don't want to continue with. Do I need to mark these as watched to get them to disappear? not sure.

Tried out Terror Formars and the first episode was terribly censored as well. I prefer uncensored versions, I found the bit to enable mature content, but not sure if this would still serve me this horribly censored epsiode.
Yeah i've just acticvated my 75 free day via xbox ultimate pass, was holding off for as long as I could so it would run over the christmas holiday and into a bit of the new year and give me the option to cancel or do what ever from there, but most important binge as many thing as possible over the holidays.

Either they haven't added that to older shows or it's not available on that version of the app because I can skip on the PS4 app, but I've only been watching current shows. Helped with my backlog!

I can skip ahead but there isn't an intro specific button, so I just use the pictures and skip ahead a bit, I like some OP songs but depends on the anime.

Yeah i've just acticvated my 75 free day via xbox ultimate pass, was holding off for as long as I could so it would run over the christmas holiday and into a bit of the new year and give me the option to cancel or do what ever from there, but most important binge as many thing as possible over the holidays.

Mine expires between Christmas and New Years, a landmark I can at least have a chance of remembering :)

I'm using it to try out stuff including watching some current shows on it, but it's useful to just jump in and try an episode or two, as I've been struggling to find good shows to watch (seen a lot of the ones I had in mind to watch).

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today is definitely one, the tune is good but it's GoHands so the animation is a bit "extra" on it. Luckily it mostly settles down in the actual episodes.

Another home release for CR spotted on the BBFC website.

This doesn't appear to have been solicited in the US yet.

2023-01-08 (12).png

A surprisingly solid series despite it's animation quality (not an isekai btw).

I just got an email from Crunchyroll stating that they are discontinuing their manga library as of November 7th 2023, I was catching up with Final Fantasy on the service earlier today...
Crunchyroll Digital Manga
Beginning November 7, 2023, digital manga will no longer be available on Crunchyroll. If you’d like to manage your membership settings, please sign into your Crunchyroll account.

We appreciate your understanding as we focus on enhancing our anime library.

Interesting. Do you ever wonder what the BBFC think of the names of these series? Do they appreciate that there is a descriptive rather just completely baffled?

Crunchyroll UK's new slate is up for pre-order on AOL, a really underwhelming bunch, not even the Quints movie, hopefully the month after we'll see it announced.

• By the Grace of the Gods (Season 2) (BD)
  • My Hero Academia (Season 6) (Part 1) (BD)
  • My Hero Academia (Season 6) (Part 1) (DVD)
  • Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don't Believe In Humanity Will Save The World (BÐ)

Last edited:
Back