UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

WELL! I just received an open order update from RightStuf, which shows the Dirty Pair Kickstarter still pending, but they have cancelled (without advising me) the Familiar of Zero collection which was the last item in my July order. So good news for KS backers, but bad for anyone (outside the US/Canada) who still had anything outstanding with them.

WELL! I just received an open order update from RightStuf, which shows the Dirty Pair Kickstarter still pending, but they have cancelled (without advising me) the Familiar of Zero collection which was the last item in my July order. So good news for KS backers, but bad for anyone (outside the US/Canada) who still had anything outstanding with them.
Regarding Familiar of Zero collection, was it the older release or the one that's out in November.

Was in HMV today and noticed new Crunchyroll releases Shield Hero s2 & Classroom of the Elite both come with slips again. Classroom is a thin one (with a US style barcode hole?!) like recent Disney, Warner, Universal releases.
20231007_131810.jpg20231007_131733.jpg20231007_131744.jpg

Was in HMV today and noticed new Crunchyroll releases Shield Hero s2 & Classroom of the Elite both come with slips again. Classroom is a thin one (with a US style barcode hole?!) like recent Disney, Warner, Universal releases.
Yeah Classroom of the Elite is their multi-language type, so there'll be a repeat front cover for German fans when they open it. It's also an interesting one because it's the first Crunchyroll/Funi title to get re-authored in many years.

Probably to prevent someone substituting the bluray inside for something else and it still scanning correctly at the till.
That makes sense since most US slipcovers are not shrink-wrapped and are just slipped on. Unlike most UK slipcovers that are usually shrink-wrapped over the slipcover and blu ray case.

But is it possible to ship to Europe? I doubt that it's possible anymore without using a forwarding service like Stackry.

All this right stuf frenzy made me order demon slayer entertainment CE along with a couple not too badly priced CEs urgh

I wasn't supposed to cross the line and order stuff from the US 😢

Now I'm kind of getting the itch to go back eventually and get Lycoris Recoil... Do crunchyroll do good sales or not at all?

I think things are going to be different now for the CR store, so you can't go by what their policies were for the site previously. The prices have already changed to Rightstuf pricing, they said they are going to use the Rightstuf packaging and have sales like Rightstuf did, so hopefully it will be a similar experience - at least for the next 3-6 months, before they start regressing back to their usual practices, lol. I just hope they do setup a similar discount plan like Got Anime, as I saved many hundreds of dollars a year because the majority of my anime purchases are pre-orders rather than Sale items.

I am pleasantly surprised with one thing, it looks like they now allow people outside the US to buy crunchyroll blu-rays now. I was able to add re:zero Season II to the basket with a UK address while before it would block me at checkout when I tested it.

EDIT: Though on the flip side Crunchyroll aren't stocking any Aniplex shows (currently)

Last edited:
I am pleasantly surprised with one thing, it looks like they now allow people outside the US to buy crunchyroll blu-rays now. I was able to add re:zero Season II to the basket with a UK address while before it would block me at checkout when I tested it.

EDIT: Though on the flip side Crunchyroll aren't stocking any Aniplex shows (currently)

They are in fact, as well as Discotek.

Back