Count to a Million

So does anyone fancy explaining the end of the 1st GitS movie to tell so im absolutly clear.

Did Major become one with the puppet master? I understand that the puppet master wanted to breed and niot make copies as copying is not progressing. So why did he choose Major, was it because she had developed emotions?

Its one movie ive never really been clear on

6222 Well...em let's see...Yes they did become one, and created a new being. As to why he choose her i have no idea :? I need to finish the manga to see if that explains it clearer

Because in the second movie she appears at the end again and rescues Bato (spelling), why did'nt she stay with him, they were friends etc.

also are the stan alone complex series prologues to the movies? Are they deep heavy story lines like the movies?

Last edited by a moderator:
6225 As far as i can tell the Stand Alone Complex series are seperate to the Movies though in the boxset booklet that came with 2nd GIG it did say that the series (not Solid State Society) can be seen as a prequel, but they aren't in the long run :p

6228 Soild State Society is the Stand Alone Complex Movie taking place about one-two years after the ending of 2nd GIG in it the Major has resigned from Section 9 and has disappeared and Togusa takes command of Section 9 which is now a much larger group

I see said the blind man to the deaf dog

So there is in fact 3 movies. I swear in the first movie, while talking on the boat, one of them said if they ever left section 9 they would have to give back all of their bionic implants, and there would'nt be much left. So is Major just walking about, does she return to section 9 in the end? I assume she does otherwise the 1st film would'nt exist.

6232 well as i said offically the tv series and solid state society are in a different timeline :wink: but...i can't actually remember what happens at the end of SSS now *face palms* I still want a 3rd GIG series anyway...or a Togusa OVA that would be fun

Back