Building holding Beez stock burnt in riots

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
Problem with capital punishment, is what happens in the case of unlawful imprisonment, where an innocent person is wrongly believed to be guilty?

Ain't no such things as Phoenix Downs in the real world.
well then they should get a years worth of evidence to prove they did it
what i mean is-
they put them in a special prison for a year and during that time they find evidence to prove if there guilty or innocent and if there innocent then get release them but if the evidence is more prove that he is guilty then they should find more evidence and then there ya go
"special prison" The country isn't loaded.

Besides, some evidence may take decades to surface, as it has done in the past.
.................... your too soft

Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:
Reaper gI said:
Joshawott said:
The fact that despite saying you hate racism, you're still stereotyping a group of people.

It's only racism if it's race.
Stereotypess are generaly correct, that's how they occur in the first place.

chavs are not a race, they're a social group, one which partaking in violent or drug related crime is indicative.

Labling a group of thugs as likely to be thuggish isn't exactly a misconception.
Being a chav is a race to the Darwin Awards =3

Anyways, I take it that Beez was the only anime company who used the Sony Distribution Centre? Considering that Beez is a rather small company (Especially compared to Sony's other clients), I wonder how long it will take to get enough stock back...

Beez is comparatively large given that it has a UK and European presence as well. But I have to admit that their initial estimate of a few weeks seems optimistic at best.

The last time something like this happened (The VDC factory fire), it took months. You can expect the first priority to be those discs scheduled for release in the near future, and expect them to be delayed as well by a few weeks. Sony had fabrication facilities there, so it may be longer than that as they have to find a new replicator. The big boys will have priority, so that your Hollywood Blockbuster isn't delayed.

As for back catalogue stuff, that will have to come later, and it will be down to the distro whether they order another run of it or not. Apparently the masters are held at another location, so that won't be a problem, but some titles may be gone for good, depending on projected demand. Can you see Beez seriously printing more Stratos 4 at this date?

They have some difficult choices to make. See this FB post from Third Window Films for some idea of what these small companies are facing.

Incidentally - we use a French replicator, so replication is not part of the problem right now to my knowledge.

I'll fill people in when there is more information though but here's a breakdown:

- All our masters our in France.
- Our replication facility in France.

We could replicate everything tomorrow - but it's a question of cashflow and fixing it all up in a new warehouse. So we're not in quite the same situation as Third Window.

The whole thing is still unclear though so we're looking into things now. There will have to be some decisions made about reprints though at this point but I hasten to point out the following were out of warehouse or nearly so already:

- Stratos 4
- Crest of the Stars
- IGPX
- Fantastic Children

Will let everyone know more officially what is decided as soon as everything is clarified - but it'll be next week before that is the case.

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Joshawott said:
Reaper gI said:
Joshawott said:
The fact that despite saying you hate racism, you're still stereotyping a group of people.

It's only racism if it's race.
Stereotypess are generaly correct, that's how they occur in the first place.

chavs are not a race, they're a social group, one which partaking in violent or drug related crime is indicative.

Labling a group of thugs as likely to be thuggish isn't exactly a misconception.
Being a chav is a race to the Darwin Awards =3

Anyways, I take it that Beez was the only anime company who used the Sony Distribution Centre? Considering that Beez is a rather small company (Especially compared to Sony's other clients), I wonder how long it will take to get enough stock back...

Beez is comparatively large given that it has a UK and European presence as well. But I have to admit that their initial estimate of a few weeks seems optimistic at best.

The last time something like this happened (The VDC factory fire), it took months. You can expect the first priority to be those discs scheduled for release in the near future, and expect them to be delayed as well by a few weeks. Sony had fabrication facilities there, so it may be longer than that as they have to find a new replicator. The big boys will have priority, so that your Hollywood Blockbuster isn't delayed.

As for back catalogue stuff, that will have to come later, and it will be down to the distro whether they order another run of it or not. Apparently the masters are held at another location, so that won't be a problem, but some titles may be gone for good, depending on projected demand. Can you see Beez seriously printing more Stratos 4 at this date?

They have some difficult choices to make. See this FB post from Third Window Films for some idea of what these small companies are facing.

Incidentally - we use a French replicator, so replication is not part of the problem right now to my knowledge.

I'll fill people in when there is more information though but here's a breakdown:

- All our masters our in France.
- Our replication facility in France.

We could replicate everything tomorrow - but it's a question of cashflow and fixing it all up in a new warehouse. So we're not in quite the same situation as Third Window.

The whole thing is still unclear though so we're looking into things now. There will have to be some decisions made about reprints though at this point but I hasten to point out the following were out of warehouse or nearly so already:

- Stratos 4
- Crest of the Stars
- IGPX
- Fantastic Children

Will let everyone know more officially what is decided as soon as everything is clarified - but it'll be next week before that is the case.

Andrew

Thanks for the clarification Andrew. At least Beez won't be stuck in a replication bottleneck. I just pulled Stratos 4 out of the air as a likely title that might have achieved all that it can achieve in the UK market, from your statement as it being 'out of warehouse' it may have legs yet.

Incidentally, while you're passing through, can I ask you to put your AOD hat on for a second.

I was wondering if at some date it may be possible to bring old titles to UK streaming that had their first series released through Beez (and other distros), but never had a UK release of the follow up series or OVAs, say the Stratos 4 OVAs, Banner of the Stars and so on?

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
Problem with capital punishment, is what happens in the case of unlawful imprisonment, where an innocent person is wrongly believed to be guilty?

Ain't no such things as Phoenix Downs in the real world.
well then they should get a years worth of evidence to prove they did it
what i mean is-
they put them in a special prison for a year and during that time they find evidence to prove if there guilty or innocent and if there innocent then get release them but if the evidence is more prove that he is guilty then they should find more evidence and then there ya go
"special prison" The country isn't loaded.

Besides, some evidence may take decades to surface, as it has done in the past.
.................... your too soft
Nah, I'm the one the other day who was suggesting they use plastic bullets that burst on impact - and contain the same dye used on bank notes, or even getting tanks in to scare people.

I'm just realistic - the legal system isn't perfect.

@Joshawott sorry if i sounded like a ass to ya.
second i knew beez was a french company cause every dvd i watched of beez series gives you an choose of languages
first is french then english

revertedtozero said:
Anyway, you think it's a good idea to help Beez by buying some of their stock to help them with costs and stuff?
I'm not sure it would actually make that much difference in the short term - if the only stock remaining is that already in stores then the stores have already paid for it.

The last time something like this happened (The VDC factory fire), it took months.
IIRC the biggest problem then was the loss of masters. Didn't they lose all the only masters for some stuff?

Shiroi Hane said:
revertedtozero said:
Anyway, you think it's a good idea to help Beez by buying some of their stock to help them with costs and stuff?
I'm not sure it would actually make that much difference in the short term - if the only stock remaining is that already in stores then the stores have already paid for it.

The last time something like this happened (The VDC factory fire), it took months.
IIRC the biggest problem then was the loss of masters. Didn't they lose all the only masters for some stuff?

The smaller companies usually have their cashflow tied up in stock, when the stock is incinerated, they're left waiting on insurance company payouts. Buying stuff may not help a lot, but it does increase their liquidity and keeps things ticking over. Every little helps.

Sony's statement a few days ago indicated that their masters were kept at another site, so thankfully that isn't a problem this time around. It's just the delay in getting things together again, the bottle neck in replication as everyone lines up to replenish their stock...

HellCat said:
Hooray for the French! Sexy women and anime masters!
5tzayus2vbqed2gsp.jpg

Indeed :lol:

animefreak17 said:
@Paradox295.......................................................... what no there not japan is the master of anime
*facepalm*
If you were following the conversation, you'd know that by that, Paradox meant that the master copies of the DVDs that were destroyed in the fire are kept in France, so now the only problem is being able to replicate the masters to fill the destroyed stock. If the master copies were stored at the Sony distribution centre, it would have been a whole bigger mess.

Back