Building holding Beez stock burnt in riots

animefreak17 said:
all the beez dvd are gone and most of the mvm stuff is rerelease stuff that most of us have.
only thing we can do to support them is buy them from the US ( those who have a all region dvd player)

That is like saying buying Funimation dvds helps Manga UK :roll: . Only sales of UK region 2 dvds/region B blu-rays will help UK companies like Beez and MVM.

I hadn't brought Gundam 00 S2 volume 3 yet...

I hope these rioters are happy with themselves. Not only is Beez hurt by this, but hundreds of companies. Good luck getting DVDs and blu-rays to watch on your stolen TVs now!

animefreak17 said:
as punishment they should work in hard labour for 5 years in a coal mine
Thatcher closed too many of them to be able to fit all the rioters.

What needs to happen is, all Job Seeker's Allowance in the riot cities need to be stopped until rioting stops - it will stop instantly then.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:

What needs to happen is, all Job Seeker's Allowance in the riot cities need to be stopped until rioting stops - it will stop instantly then.

Either that or they riot and continue looting for the rest of their lives, surviving on the products of their loots..

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:

NO!!
Do not punish the inoccent majority for the actions of others, and even convicts still get social security. You're talking of cutting benefits (and probaly a few major human rights by that) to 1/3 of the country for the actions of a few thousand chavs.

Hundreds being given nice long gaol sentances is all that should be done.

Reaper gI said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:

NO!!
Do not punish the inoccent majority for the actions of others, and even convicts still get social security. You're talking of cutting benefits (and probaly a few major human rights by that) to 1/3 of the country for the actions of a few thousand chavs.

Hundreds being given nice long gaol sentances is all that should be done.
Ever wonder why say, in the army when someone does wrong, instead of them being made to do press ups, they have to stand and watch as everyone else does press ups? While it does sound drastic, unfortunately, the police and government have played with their thumbs for too long and drastic measures are needed. Besides, if it works as effectively as it probably will, there will be no need to actually stop it, as the threat of it stopping will make people stop.

Hell, it was my older brother who originally suggested that, and he relies on Jobseeker's Allowance to live.

In the long term though; those that are convicted for being in the riots should lose all their state benefits, and if they live in council homes, lose those in favour of those whose homes were destroyed.

animefreak17 said:
Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
theres no such thing as a innocent chav

Dude. Don't profile.

If you said "There's no such thing as an innocent black man", you'd be racist, right?
thats just wrong i cant stand racists.
KsQCP.jpg

Joshawott said:
The fact that despite saying you hate racism, you're still stereotyping a group of people.

It's only racism if it's race.
Stereotypess are generaly correct, that's how they occur in the first place.

chavs are not a race, they're a social group, one which partaking in violent or drug related crime is indicative.

Labling a group of thugs as likely to be thuggish isn't exactly a misconception.

'Chav' is profiling, true enough. But it certainly isn't akin to racism. It's not marking out as separate a group defined on their skin colour, religious belief, or ethnic origin.

It's marking out a group defined on their behaviour. If someone who is young, ill-educated, anti-social, and criminal, as well as tribal in a tendency to flaunt acquisition of material goods of certain brands is defined as a chav, then what's wrong with that?

Back