Building holding Beez stock burnt in riots

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source: MVM's Facebook

MVM have stated on facebook that during the recent riots in London, one of the buildings that stores Beez's stock has been burned, so there could be a delay in acquiring Beez stock for the next few weeks.

Also, Anime News Network reports that that as a result of the Sony Distribution Centre being torched, deliveries of CDs and DVDs across the country will be delayed (Sony is responsible for the majority of DVD and Blu-Ray replication in the UK).

Thanks rioters...

eeaUh.jpg

Yeah, I was going to post this, but you beat me to it.

News report

Beez's Facebook post

We'll have a little downtime folks for now while we try to pick up a few pieces after Sony DADC's distribution warehouse burnt down.

Important points:

1) Nobody was hurt in the warehouse.
2) Everyone is working as quickly as possible to fix things.

We'll still be at Ayacon in just over a week's time so will fill you guys in more then. In the meantime please be patient and we'll let everyone know what's going on as soon as we do.

For small mercies, it's a warehouse and not a replication plant like the VDC fire a few years ago which actually put the brakes on production for months, and got some distros to switch fabricator. This is 'just' a storage facility.

It's still close to a thousand jobs and millions of pounds worth of stock. :x

Wait, Beez have facebook too? That's news to me.

But yeah...the damages to property, the loss of stock...unbearable to think about really.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[Edited so it doesn't stretch the screen, please imagine it stretching off into the distance for the full anguished effect. -Rui]

We can just breath a sigh of relief that this isn't as bad for the anime scene as the fire in 2005 which paralysed 90% of releases for months...

fabricatedlunatic said:
It sounds like Beez won't be too badly affected by this. The same perhaps can't be said for some indie record labels who lost stock in the same fire. This **** is accelerating my worrying transformation from an understanding lefty to an angry righty.

Wait, what?

Beez, like everyone else there, lost potentially all their stock in that fire. Waiting for final confirmation just now.

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Wait, what?

Beez, like everyone else there, lost potentially all their stock in that fire. Waiting for final confirmation just now.

Andrew
Damn, potentially all of it? Considering that not only Beez, but all these record labels and stuff involved in just this one incident...then all the other buildings that have been burned...this is beyond insane.

I always wince whenever some major setback like this affects the UK industry :/

Even if their insurance covers the stock, the loss of momentum with having to run around sorting everything out and supplies being constrained (and the lost orders that will result) must be awful for a smaller company. I really hope that there are some good stories coming out of the fire soon for at least some companies, though no doubt anything that wasn't destroyed outright was stolen, given the quality of my fellow human beings on display in London lately.

R

beez_andrew said:
Wait, what?

I'm just going on the Facebook post not having a "this could be terminal" tone to it. I don't know the ins and outs of where your stock is.

this is me - if i ever caught those basterds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtVdeOvZaM
basterds basterds how dare they how dare they
they riot
they burn buildings
they rob shops
the rob house with elderly people in them
now they destroy sony and beez stock................
i was pissed when
they crossed the line by burning buildings
i was outraged when
they went miles past the line robing houses and delay businesses
i wish there was a anti roit groups to help the police

Hmm a quick glimpse at The Girl Who Leapt Through Space v1 stock levels everywhere implies that quite a lot of it is on backorder, which does not bode well.

I think I'll step up my casual plans to buy it ^^;

R

Wow, what a shame, the anime industry in the UK surely didn't need any more setbacks.

Also off topic but I'm a bit confused is Beez Andrew the same guy and Kaze Andrew, or are you just a bit of a playa Andrew? Or is Andrew the standard stock name for anime distributors employees to use on forums?

Rui said:
Hmm a quick glimpse at The Girl Who Leapt Through Space v1 stock levels everywhere implies that quite a lot of it is on backorder, which does not bode well.

I think I'll step up my casual plans to buy it ^^;

R
i wounderd why girl that leapt though space was out of order on hmv

vashdaman said:
Also off topic but I'm a bit confused is Beez Andrew the same guy and Kaze Andrew, or are you just a bit of a playa Andrew? Or is Andrew the standard stock name for anime distributors employees to use on forums?

Hahaha :)

He was the Beez version until he started working for Kaze, but he puts on his Beez hat from time to time to give us updates still from that side of the fence. Either that or he has cloned himself just to give us news about anime, which would be sort of awesome.

R

Rui said:
vashdaman said:

Hahaha :)

He was the Beez version until he started working for Kaze, but he puts on his Beez hat from time to time to give us updates still from that side of the fence. Either that or he has cloned himself just to give us news about anime, which would be sort of awesome.

R

Same person - just different accounts - keeps things clearer etc I thought - sorry!

Andrew (Really the same one as kzandrew).

Back