Beez To Bring Over To The UK: THE BIG O Anime!

Kirrimir said:
Ryo Chan said:
ok enough bad mouthing and spamming or i'm gonna start giving timeouts ;)

Roger that. But in all honesty back to the topic at hand, why don't they release something that's poplular?

Now you see I could have trolled your typo-ing of 'popular' there to simulate how it looks passing over your initial comment in this thread - but you've expanded your point now so below is feedback!

We actually have a fair few titles lined up across different genres right now - as it happens though Big O has had an Australian release so there are PAL masters and not had a UK release. This meant it seemed like a sensible candidate for the Anime Legends range.

At £24.99 RRP, so £15 on Play, Amazon or HMV give or take this is a bit of a no-brainer. It's an option for people who want to expand their anime collections who never had a chance to import it or are fresh to anime :).

Kirrimir said:
Like you said, it was popular, i don't believe it will sell particularly well as it's old and people from the newer gen will have either not seen it or won't want to because of the poor quality animation, and the older gen are using the money for life things.

Actually the 'older gen' are very often the people who buy the more expensive releases for the very reason they have more disposable income usually! They're also as happy buying cheaper releases of older titles which don't break the bank but are a trip down memory lane.

Ultimately - it's not costing us much to do, it's not costing the consumer much to buy. You're not interested and that's fine, I'm sure you'll be more than interested in some of our later license announcements :). Can't please everyone on every choice of title alas (although I can dream!)

As is though, our license catalog includes popular titles such as Durarara!!, which we've lined up for release starting in October as well as other titles yet to announce. We're definitely not done discussing new titles for the year anyway!

For those who are interested - Big O will be out in October in time for London Expo :)!

Andrew,
Beez Entertainment, cold-ridden and going to get some rest!

beez_andrew said:
Now you see I could have trolled your typo-ing of 'popular' there to simulate how it looks passing over your initial comment in this thread - but you've expanded your point now so below is feedback!

We actually have a fair few titles lined up across different genres right now - as it happens though Big O has had an Australian release so there are PAL masters and not had a UK release. This meant it seemed like a sensible candidate for the Anime Legends range.

As is though, our license catalog includes popular titles such as Durarara!!, which we've lined up for release starting in October as well as other titles yet to announce. We're definitely not done discussing new titles for the year anyway!

Andrew, you big troll, you.

Seems fair if it was released in Australia that it would come here, only seems logical.

Can't wait for DRRR!! I have seen it already but it's most certainly worth a buy.

Also needs moar Index/Railgun.

Personally I think Big O is a good choice. I would prefer Turn A Gundam *crosses fingers :)* but Big O has some mainstream appeal and was quite high profile at the time. I remember it having a huge amount of buzz when it was airing in the US. It also has a really silly name, which stands out.

Interesting to hear that we oldies have some clout with sales. I'm always buying new stuff as well (Durarara can't come soon enough!) but filling up on older series which were passed over never hurts. I think the anime companies do a pretty good job of balancing it really; nobody can complain we are exactly overwhelmed with classics, but the times between airing and foreign DVD releases are gradually shortening significantly. My backlog is a jumble of shows from all different seasons and it's fun that way.

R

Yo, Andrew, while you're in the mood for releasing shows that only a few old people will buy at a high price, how about something like Touch or Ashita no Joe? ^^;

/does not consider The Big O to have yet yet fallen into "timeless classic for the older generation"

Maxon said:
Kirrimir hates something good and posts in a thread just to say he hates it. What a surprise.

I'll be buying this day one myself, I watched an episode at a friends recently and it was far better than I expected.

Rui said:
Interesting to hear that we oldies have some clout with sales. I'm always buying new stuff as well (Durarara can't come soon enough!) but filling up on older series which were passed over never hurts. I think the anime companies do a pretty good job of balancing it really; nobody can complain we are exactly overwhelmed with classics, but the times between airing and foreign DVD releases are gradually shortening significantly. My backlog is a jumble of shows from all different seasons and it's fun that way.

Great comment, Rui. Seems our DVD piles are similar beasts! ;)

I'm pleased to see there's been more 'retro anime' out there lately (I object to the term 'retro' being applied to anything I saw first time around - makes me feel OLD!!!) and I'm hoping this might be a sign of a broader market in years to come.

Lupus said:
Maxon said:
Kirrimir hates something good and posts in a thread just to say he hates it. What a surprise.

I'll be buying this day one myself, I watched an episode at a friends recently and it was far better than I expected.
Sadly it's all down hill from there. No parishable, but a definite rental. Still waiting for someone to salvage and complete Kurau, Phantom Memory. :wink:

Watched this about a year back and enjoyed it quite a lot, slips in a few places but I can't get enough of it's retro cool. Here's hoping we get the 2nd season too.

he does indeed

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UbyYYEtM6Cc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UbyYYEtM6Cc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

Ryo Chan said:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdA6iRk94Hc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdA6iRk94Hc&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
That's just awesome.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Personally I didn't like it as much as I thought I would...
But that's kinda worrying.

Bear in mind that I'm a picky bastard.

My issue with the show basically boiled down to its repetetive robot-of-the-week structure, but your mileage may vary.

Good to see you back around the forum, by the way :)

Back