Beez Entertainment Discussion

Durial666 said:
Yea but Amazon and HMV both list it with a RRP of £34.99
Well, if they are selling for that cheaper, I'd definitely take it from them =)

I know the guy from Anime On line in person, So I can actually vouch for them.

chaos said:
Durial666 said:
Yea but Amazon and HMV both list it with a RRP of £34.99
Well, if they are selling for that cheaper, I'd definitely take it from them =)

I know the guy from Anime On line in person, So I can actually vouch for them.

Good to know, I've swapped preorder from play to AOL now =)

Durial666 said:
On Anime-On-Line they have Code Geass R2 Box 2 at a RRP of £24.99 and selling at £18.74

It just doesn't seem right, can someone confirm this?

Anime-On-Line is MVM. A company that distributes UK anime themselves wouldn't sell illegal versions. :p

Movie would be good (being the bit of the narative people hoped series 2 would cover), and people that like series 1 seem to like series 2. Those of us that can't rewatch series 1 more than 1-3 times do not like season 2.

devilrules666 said:
so andy.... i am guessing you are holding back the harhui series 2 and movie annocument for anecom?
I believe you mean Anecom, but there's still:

Nemacon
Q-con
London Anime Con
London Film and Comic Con

Before that, so it could be anyone of those, since Manga tweeted that MVM/Beez would be announcing First Squad

Looks like we'll (those who didn't attend Expo anyway) finally be able to get our grubby mits on Gundam Unicorn!

BeezEnt
Incidentally the Beez UK Shop will open on Monday. It'll still be in beta testing so if but it'll be able to process orders for Gundam UC!

It has a £27.99 price on the test shop, for anyone interested. Possibly it will change, but I hope it doesn't. I always said, anything above £30 inc postage and packaging would be too much for me.

Although it does come at a terrible time, I've just pre-ordered one of the new model Xbox360's for £200 :(.

£27.99.

For ONE 50 minute episode?

EDIT: Waitaminute! That includes post and packing? I'ma hafta check this site out...

I'm reserving judgement on the matter for now.

But that said, at this price, it has to be a skip for me. Which kinda bites.

Just under £30 for 50 minutes? Jeez. Even with P+P that is exortionate to my mind =/ How much was Hellsing Ultimate when it was new? Ah well, if people are willing o pay good luck to em, bu I'd rather save that kind of money for videogames and series.

2000jpy per 24min episode is about normal that's £15 per episode. £30 for 50min is normal.
Remeber this is Bandai Visual selling it Beez are just distro.
5000jpy for a single ep OVA is still normal price £30 is actually fairly cheap (japanese prices are still as astronomic as they always have been)

Japanese prices may be one thing, but we're in the UK. It has to be said.

Not wanting to carp on, or come off like a jerk, especially as we've had some very candid, much appreciated input from Andrew on the issue, but it's a sad situation.

I mean, early on, I realised that Unicorn was going to be a 'wait for the box set' type of deal for me. Thing is, now I'm quite honestly dreading what the price for that beast will be when it eventually materialises.

I have to say that this is not how I would have imagined how this whole mess would end. With prices akin to 2005 when people were a bit more press-ganged by BBFC nonsense.

That release is at least £10 too expensive.

Reaper gI said:
2000jpy per 24min episode is about normal that's £15 per episode. £30 for 50min is normal.
Remeber this is Bandai Visual selling it Beez are just distro.
5000jpy for a single ep OVA is still normal price £30 is actually fairly cheap (japanese prices are still as astronomic as they always have been)

£15 for one episode... I paid £18 for the entire series of Paranoia Agent. Frankly for me any more than about £3 per episode is a rip to my mind. £30 for 12 eps is about as steep as I'll go and that's for Code Geass, as series I freakin love.

Maybe I've just become cheap but I value money a lot more these days. I have to being a student.

That price is just a liiiitle bit out of my range.

Oh, Bandai Visual. We all know how their "Japanese price" strategy worked out in the US. I predict similar levels of success here in Europe...

Back