Beez Entertainment Discussion

Finished watching the series, no sub problems except once where the tv show Suzaku being taken into custody, because the subs cover up the text on the tv screen but i don't think thats a problem.

disc art is simple black with all the logos you'd expect. first disc has Lelouch, second Suzaku and third CC, which is kinda odd cos the 3rd disc's menu has Kallen.

Hey Andrew,

I know it might be a bit soon considering Volume 2 has only been out just over a month but do you have any rough estimate as to when Gurren Lagann Vol. 3 might be released?

Looking forward to it :D

Andrew what would be the chances you could liecense some of the Macross spin off's, such as Frontier of zero, in a sub only set similar to the gunbuster set? I know there are o
legal issues with the whole robotech / harmony gold franchise, but would love to get a legal copy of these great series.

Anime legends boxsets, (from the news page) any ideas if these will be (in want of a better word) rebranded/re-encoded NTSC box sets or from the originals?

I ask as i have the scrapped princess anime legends box set as it was never released over here but the NTSC version has horrible aliasing.

It's probably been asked before but are we likely to see a re-release of Wolf's Rain? I've tried ordering from Asda as they claim to have a copy of the complete set, and they're also the cheapest at the moment..

I'd love to give the anime a look in, but finding a copy is a pain. And seeing as I may need to cancel my order too to save some money. Tis not looking good >_<

Hey Andrew, any idea if or when a Gurren Lagann or Gundam 00 box set would be likely to appear?

I know it won't be for a good while since neither of the third volumes are out, but I'm not really dying to get either right away so I figure I'll wait for the box set if there is going to be one.

Thanks

Code Geass v2 came today, I was right, play.com is better. It arrived on the release date, not 2 days later like HMV.

The back cover has a large picture of the Gawain and smaller pics of Schneizel and Rakshata. The Disc art is another CC, Rakshata and Lelouch as Zero, same as the front cover....

So...Kallen, arguably main character number 3 was shafted from both disc and cover art by Rakshata... what the heck? and Schneizel isn't really a main character until R2, what's that about =/

Should've used this art of Kallen and the Guren IMO http://www.yesasia.com/us/code-geass-le ... /info.html

Don't get me wrong, it's great art, just questionable choice of characters.

Andrew, What's happening with Sword of the Stranger? I understand it was pushed back to today, and nowhere seem to have it instock. I noticed Amazon have changed their date to the 9th? Will these still be the 2 disc edition first print? Please tell me you didn't sell them all at expo and now they'll all be 1 disc editions :cry:.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Code Geass v2 came today, I was right, play.com is better. It arrived on the release date, not 2 days later like HMV.

Completely the opposite experience for me. My copy of Darker Than Black 3&4 arrived 5 days early from HMV, and that was with the postal strike. I've never had anything arrive late from HMV after they made changes to their pre-order shipping policy. I don't think I've ever recieved anything from Play early at all.

Interesting, I haven't had much experience with HMV really, and they always come within three days, but I've ALWAYS had play preorders at least on the release date if not before.

Oh and Andrew, if you could let us know when the Gurren Lagann v.2. Dvds have been fixed, that would be super appreciated.

On another note, just finished CG volume 2, zero (no pun intended) problems with subs, everything was there =),

oh except one part with Mao, where he's hearing thoughts in episode ...15 (Cheering Mao) and he says something which isn't subtitled, but it's no biggie, since it's pretty much: "Is that Lelouch? He's too far away, all those voices" which is pretty easy to pick up from the context and expression.

Hey there, I just wanted to ask some questions about the Gurren Lagann sets.

Why was the English Audio track altered from the 5.1 included on the American sets to the 2.0 on the UK ones?
What happened with the encodes of the earliar discs since the 4th looked much better than the first 3?
Will there be a Limited Edition box set of the 3rd set? The first volume of the manga and the backpack are still available if we consider the American releases. If not, why not make one including keychains from GE Animation?

Thank you in advance! :D

Hey andrew, dunno if you can answer this as it's more of a bandai question, but any info on why Code Geass which got relased as a 3 part series for R1 has been changed to a 4 part series for R2? and if Beez are going to go down the same path?

seems a bit odd making fans pay £20 more for a 2nd series that's an identical running time

Hi, I'm an Australian who already owns the Madman release of Gundam SEED but heard that the last 5 minute episode that was omitted from the Australian and US releases was included in the UK DVD release. Is this true? If so I will very strongly consider replacing my Australian release with the UK version.

Hokum said:
Anime legends boxsets, (from the news page) any ideas if these will be (in want of a better word) rebranded/re-encoded NTSC box sets or from the originals?

I ask as i have the scrapped princess anime legends box set as it was never released over here but the NTSC version has horrible aliasing.

They won't be re-encoded NTSC sets - we'll be using our materials and if there are new titles in it we'll be gunning for ones that have Madman masters :). Sorry for the delays in catching up with this, I have been horrendously busy of late!

Litespeed said:
It's probably been asked before but are we likely to see a re-release of Wolf's Rain? I've tried ordering from Asda as they claim to have a copy of the complete set, and they're also the cheapest at the moment..

I'd love to give the anime a look in, but finding a copy is a pain. And seeing as I may need to cancel my order too to save some money. Tis not looking good >_<

Yes! Coming in January all going well - this may be delayed due to some license hiccups with Bandai Visual though, if it is I'll let people know :). But there is a reprint coming for £24.99 RRP so £14.99 from HMV!

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Hey Andrew, any idea if or when a Gurren Lagann or Gundam 00 box set would be likely to appear?

I know it won't be for a good while since neither of the third volumes are out, but I'm not really dying to get either right away so I figure I'll wait for the box set if there is going to be one.

Thanks

Definitely not for a year since end of release give or take especially as Anime Legends is taking a lot of the boxset stuff just now. For Gurren Lagann at least I would like to do something LE box-wise before it hits Anime Legends too all going well.

Project-2501 said:
Andrew, got any Wolfs Rain box sets left in the warehouse? :)

Try MVM's Anime-on-line as they just stocked up in it from returns from HMV (hurry though as they only got 6 of them)! If you mean the super deluxe version anyway :).

- Andrew

Back