Beez Entertainment Discussion

Smooth, well I likes what I see. Think that'll be going in my trolly when it's released. Been meaning to buy it forever with it being one of the first series I ever watched. Pure gold =P

*looks at R1 set then looks at new set* blast that looks nice :D a stupid question though are these still DVDs or are they Blu-Ray reason i ask is the fact that these are HD

Also any idea on price?

BlackWolf said:
*looks at R1 set then looks at new set* blast that looks nice :D a stupid question though are these still DVDs or are they Blu-Ray reason i ask is the fact that these are HD

Also any idea on price?

Given this is a complete 9-10 DVD set this will RRP at roughly £99 - but you'll be able to get it via Play.com for far less i.e. probably £70-80 tops.

Still DVDs but they're using the HD quality masters for it which is a significant improvement on any of the previously released iterations of the show outside of Japan :).

beez_andrew said:
BlackWolf said:

Also any idea on price?

Given this is a complete 9-10 DVD set this will RRP at roughly £99 - but you'll be able to get it via Play.com for far less i.e. probably £70-80 tops.

Still DVDs but they're using the HD quality masters for it which is a significant improvement on any of the previously released iterations of the show outside of Japan :).

Awesome :D thanks i'll have a better think about it closer to the time but it does look superb :thumb:

beez_andrew said:
Also for those interested - attached is a screenshot of the Gundam Wing boxset to look at - what do you think :)?
This is more like it Andrew, excellent stuff. :thumb: Though I did have my fingers crossed you might use the "art deco" style packaging used on the Japanese and Korean special editions, it looks almost identical to the Japanese memorial box. If I can get it for 70, sold ;)

Wow, that Gundam Wing set looks amazing! I've been wanting to watch Wing for aaaages and I can finally get my hands on it now! :]

Also looking forward to finding out about the UK release of Gurren Lagann 8D

yikes, £99 for 49 episodes? as sexy as it looks, think i'll wait till someone does a funi/dbz and starts doing 50 odd eps for £50 or a season for £25

Specially with the current financial market

Wolf's Rain Definitve Edition..

Hi. New on these boards. How's everyone doing? Anyway, I pre-ordered Wolf's Rain Definitve Collection boxset a while back and it keeps on getting delayed. It currently says that its release date is 13/10/08. Is this the case? And can anyone tell me what's in this boxset? Some say it's just the episodes, some say episodes, booklet and special features. Some say it comes with the soundtrack CD. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks, Paul

Yeah. Sorry about that. Never used a forum before. I didn't know there were other pages. Thanks. But I was really looking for a release date too..

Hey andrew any news on the wolf's rain box set? I tend to get a bit paranoid now when I order stuff (since the last 4 orders I did seemed to vanish and no longer be in stock but Wild arms 5 10th anniversary is shockingly hard to find ><)? I ordered 2 of the wolf's rain box set (on for my girlfriend and one for my brother) and one guy seems to be selling it on play.com yet when I rang play.com customer services they said it wasn't in stock yet cos they were waiting for it. Any chance you can clear this up for me?

Thanks Andrew.

I ordered my Wolf's Rain boxset from sendit.com and was starting to get a bit worried by their constant emails telling me the item had been delayed. It's reassuring to hear other people are still waiting for their copies as well!

But if Andrew has an expected date that would be good too!

I ordered the Wolf's Rain Definitive Boxset from amazon.co.uk and when the release date (13th Oct.) came around, the product page said it would take between 2-5 weeks to be sent. However, my order is currently under the 'Items Dispatching Soon' status so I'm hopeful it's being sent today. I was getting a bit worried in case all 500 had been snatched up already. So, yeah, people are still waiting, but it looks like they might be sent in the next few days

Play is reporting it as In Stock now. So at least that's a positive sign - perhaps some stock deliveries got held up and Amazon's just thrown up a guess ETA based on paranoia.

I keep almost impulse buying it then remembering I'm supposed to be responsible until I know how much some repairs are going to cost. Perhaps a Christmas present to myself...

R

I somehow doubt every copy of the expensive complete collection has gone out of stock straight away. The stupidly priced 'limited' Eva plat set, which is getting re-released, didn't go OOS fast and I doubt this will when the Anime Legends sets can be be imported together for under half the price of this.

Then again, there are people daft enough to pay £120 for Wild Arms 5 when the R1 release, which includes an art book and outer box, can (or could?) be ordered for around £20.

Back