Beez Entertainment Discussion

Hokum said:
Re: the definitive Wolf's Rain, you mention the soundtrack, i assume this is OST1, and not OST2? If so, can you tell us why not?

And on a tangent can it be classed as definitive of it doesnt have the full soundtack of the series?
Andrew already answered that one:

beez_andrew said:
BlackWolf said:
Actually if i'm gettting this right i think you'll get the ost with the book as its all one big nice package...

Andy will any other series be getting this treatment?

Spot on Blackwolf - Chaos - the set comes with the soundtrack CD inside it as well so it's worth considering it like the definitive Wolf's Rain work. The only thing not included which I wish we could have managed is the second Wolf's Rain OST, but that never got a release in the US too due to complicated licensing issues.

Amazon Japan have just posted pictures of the Freedom Blu-ray boxset. If things go to plan we should be getting the exact same thing as this:

51yJiBzeOvL._SS400_.jpg

51P4ffO8tsL._SS400_.jpg

41WJsyRP6RL._SS400_.jpg

It has to be said, this looks absolutely stunning in every aspect. I want to preorder it ASAP, it's just not listed on any sites yet.

And I seriously hope there will be more than 1 new simultaneous release announced sometime in the rest of 2008.

melonpan said:
Amazon Japan have just posted pictures of the Freedom Blu-ray boxset. If things go to plan we should be getting the exact same thing as this:

It has to be said, this looks absolutely stunning in every aspect. I want to preorder it ASAP, it's just not listed on any sites yet.

And I seriously hope there will be more than 1 new simultaneous release announced sometime in the rest of 2008.
I've seen this at amecon and it was great. Somehow , the character designs reminds me of Akira....

beez_andrew said:
if you do crave a more LE version and are not a dub-hater then this release comes with the UK dub on it but no sub track for English and is a beautiful die-cut box that comes with storyboards, GitS SSS OST and more I think as I recall (I have a copy on my shelf actually xD).

With Zeta we've not yet released it because at present the rights are not available - but we're looking into it as the reworked movies are a good way to educate people about UC Gundam without having them buy X number of DVDs in a series for it :). Not the first Gundam on my list of want to acquire atm though I do confess if given a choice between it and certain others...
That's a nice looking SSS edition Andrew - might seriously think about that. the lack of a Japanese audio track wouldn't bother me as I already have a copy, and the GITS dub cast are excellent anyway. However, how much of the stuff included is in French? :lol:

With regards to the Zeta films, I was thinking that you'd be more likely to release the films than the series. As for Gundam priorities, of course - I realize Double Zeta should come first - even if I am the only one who buys it. :wink: Seriously though, I'd be happy with any unreleased UC stuff, but if it's any of the OVAs (War In The Pocket, Stardust Memory, 08th MS Team) I wouldn't mind a little hint as I'm thinking of importing these. I suspect however that it's something a little newer that's on your mind...

could you tell me Andrew, when you said that the wolfs rain deffinitive edition was limited to 500 and individually numbered for the uk market, did you mean that there are a only going to be 500 hundred released altogether in the uk, or only 500 at the london expo? sorry if this sounds stupid

cause if theres only 500 coming out I better pre order asap!
thanks

vashdaman said:
could you tell me Andrew, when you said that the wolfs rain deffinitive edition was limited to 500 and individually numbered for the uk market, did you mean that there are a only going to be 500 hundred released altogether in the uk, or only 500 at the london expo? sorry if this sounds stupid

thanks

500 for a boxset of a series that's already been in boxset for a year or more, and got a single volume release is probably quite generous for the UK to be frank.

MrChom said:
vashdaman said:

thanks

500 for a boxset of a series that's already been in boxset for a year or more, and got a single volume release is probably quite generous for the UK to be frank.

Yeah your probly right, but this boxset does looks very nice, and wolfs rain is a series ive wanted to see for a while now but never gotten round to, so im really lookin forward to this. Im sure 500 boxsets for the uk probly is quite generous, and im deffinatly gonna try and get this one :)

ayase said:
beez_andrew said:
if you do crave a more LE version and are not a dub-hater then this release comes with the UK dub on it but no sub track for English and is a beautiful die-cut box that comes with storyboards, GitS SSS OST and more I think as I recall (I have a copy on my shelf actually xD).

With Zeta we've not yet released it because at present the rights are not available - but we're looking into it as the reworked movies are a good way to educate people about UC Gundam without having them buy X number of DVDs in a series for it :). Not the first Gundam on my list of want to acquire atm though I do confess if given a choice between it and certain others...
That's a nice looking SSS edition Andrew - might seriously think about that. the lack of a Japanese audio track wouldn't bother me as I already have a copy, and the GITS dub cast are excellent anyway. However, how much of the stuff included is in French? :lol:

With regards to the Zeta films, I was thinking that you'd be more likely to release the films than the series. As for Gundam priorities, of course - I realize Double Zeta should come first - even if I am the only one who buys it. :wink: Seriously though, I'd be happy with any unreleased UC stuff, but if it's any of the OVAs (War In The Pocket, Stardust Memory, 08th MS Team) I wouldn't mind a little hint as I'm thinking of importing these. I suspect however that it's something a little newer that's on your mind...

You wouldn't be talking about Gundam 00 there would you :p though if you want to do a surpising move and announce Turn A Gundam for release then i wouldn't mind :wink: (i would buy that subbed in the same condition as the 0083 movie Beez released)

Any news on Eureka 7 vol 11 Andrew? the region 1 seems to be waiting on a re-release, and i can't find any information at all about the region 2 release

Ryo Chan said:
Any news on Eureka 7 vol 11 Andrew? the region 1 seems to be waiting on a re-release, and i can't find any information at all about the region 2 release
There are only 10 volumes for the whole series in the UK. It didn't follow the same pattern as the R1s at all.

Gawyn said:
Ryo Chan said:
There are only 10 volumes for the whole series in the UK. It didn't follow the same pattern as the R1s at all.

doh, guess i am stuck waiting on the R1 then

Well I've finally cracked and pre-ordered Wolf's Rain. Didn't hit my wallet too hard as I had a £30 voucher so it's only costing me £32.89 - really looking forward to it now!

Mantis said:
Well I've finally cracked and pre-ordered Wolf's Rain. Didn't hit my wallet too hard as I had a £30 voucher so it's only costing me £32.89 - really looking forward to it now!

yeah your lucky, I really should get round to pre ordering it tomorrow as there are apparntly only 500 being released over here, well i should get paid tomorrow hopefully :) and im also really looking forward to this

vashdaman said:
Mantis said:

yeah your lucky, I really should get round to pre ordering it tomorrow as there are apparntly only 500 being released over here, well i should get paid tomorrow hopefully :) and im also really looking forward to this
I've just preordered a copy now since I noticed a bunch of you wanting it all of a sudden. I'm getting it my girlfriend for her birthday though instead of me since she likes the series alot.

Also still curious about Code geass so got any answers Andrew?
And when does Gurren lagaan come out again?

very happy with Beez at the moment :333

Gawyn said:
Hokum said:
Re: the definitive Wolf's Rain, you mention the soundtrack, i assume this is OST1, and not OST2? If so, can you tell us why not?

And on a tangent can it be classed as definitive of it doesnt have the full soundtack of the series?
Andrew already answered that one:

beez_andrew said:
BlackWolf said:
Actually if i'm gettting this right i think you'll get the ost with the book as its all one big nice package...

Andy will any other series be getting this treatment?

Spot on Blackwolf - Chaos - the set comes with the soundtrack CD inside it as well so it's worth considering it like the definitive Wolf's Rain work. The only thing not included which I wish we could have managed is the second Wolf's Rain OST, but that never got a release in the US too due to complicated licensing issues.

Yep that sums the answer up - it's basically as definitive a release as you're going to get in the world of Wolf's Rain in one deliberate package anyway as you get:

- The complete series
- The OVAs
- The OST that is licensed for release in UK and US now.
- Artwork and storyboards in one complete book

In one package - which is more inclusive than any other set you'll find in the world :).

Sorry the second soundtrack couldn't be included - but you can find it for sale on the usual sites that stock J-CDs though and it's well worth a purchase :).

Also apologies for late delays to everyone, been very very busy as late so you can see I'm writing these in my own time at present!

melonpan said:

I can confirm they'll look like the images in original post except the cases will be the correct colour for the UK release (i.e. Blu) we have some samples in our office that attest to this - can see if I have time to take some shots of them sometime!

They'll be retailing at £69.99, which means odds are you can get them on the likes of Play.com and bandai.co.uk for circa £55 so a bargain for a 4 Blu-Ray set + extra manga story for Freedom!

We should have a few on sale at London Expo in October (a press release to follow soon as we have some pretty interesting things lined up to coincide with that along with our friends at Koei relating to Gundam)!

Back