Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

animefreak17 said:
iv seen 5 spiders in my house with in 2 days what should i do to keep them out

Stop letting flies in?

Ian Wolf said:
OK, outside of anime, what sort of things are you watching on TV at the moment?

Doctor Who (watched episode 11 last night, still got 12 & 13 to watch from the current series), Merlin, the odd repeat of Simpsons on C4 plus Family Guy and American Dad.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
Well, if you want to get the ball rolling, we need to think about something to talk about.
got any ideas

OK, outside of anime, what sort of things are you watching on TV at the moment?
- i like to watch documentaries like
planet dinosaur
any documentary as long it isn't a WW1 and 2 documentary lol
-and i like watching funny stuff like
rude tube ( the latest one was about utter pranks )
-sometimes il watch old comedies like
young ones
bottom
only fools
red dwarf

i hate stuff like
big brother
x factor
eastenders ( any soup for that matter )
supernatural
teen wolf
waterloo road
ect

@animefreak17

We certain share some of the same tastes. I hate reality TV more than it is possible to describe. I like certain comedy shows (I work as a reviewer of comedy shows so I have to watch certain shows) and watch the odd documentary when I can as well. I however must confess to being partical to "Pointless".

@mangaman74 i love animation as much as anyone but family guy, simpsons, american dad doesn't do it for me anymore but the old family guy and simpsons i could watch once and awhile but the new season feels like there not trying anymore
the new Doctor Who isn't the same when david left the show i wish they brought back *the rea*.

@Ian Wolf i know reality tv sucks however britains got talent is ok to watch as long as its not someone singing but the one thing i hate as much as the X factor and some of britains got talent is the judges
i also hate that show dating in the dark, and talk shows like jeremy kial and the news i never watch the news

Yay, now we have two completely random chat threads. >_>

af17, you know there is already a thread for random chat? This was supposed to be for your inane questions that you used to try to turn into complete threads.

ilmaestro said:
Yay, now we have two completely random chat threads. >_>

af17, you know there is already a thread for random chat? This was supposed to be for your inane questions that you used to try to turn into complete threads.
i only ask ian wolf what we should talk about thats all i didn't mean to do it here sorry
by the way how was your day

I see the relationship between Ilmaestro and AF17 as between the Commander and Jared in this strip from Manly Guys Doing Manly Things:

2011-09-19.jpg

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I see the relationship between Ilmaestro and AF17 as between the Commander and Jared in this strip from Manly Guys Doing Manly Things:

2011-09-19.jpg
Good to see another Manly Guys Doing Manly Things fan out there, one of the only decent comics that updates frequently, usually it's absolute shite like CAD that uploaded every other day

lolled quite hard at that comic, may have to check it out.

Lawrence said:
animefreak17 said:
Ilmaestro tells me what i need to hear
hes a good man a very good man

He was a good man but alas he has not been quite the same since the moe bubble of '06.
I believe you have been affected by the rarely diagnosed "upside down eyes" syndome. That is a 9 in my join date.

heres a question

lets say theres a anime and it had a game that continued the story after or before the anime and it jump from anime to game to light novel to anime and so on and so forth would you ( if you was a big fan of the series) buy everything that had something to do with the series, story

i did i got dead space movies and games and i played them in they story order

animefreak17 said:
heres a question

lets say theres a anime and it had a game that continued the story after or before the anime and it jump from anime to game to light novel to anime and so on and so forth would you ( if you was a big fan of the series) buy everything that had something to do with the series, story

i did i got dead space movies and games and i played them in they story order

You mean would I buy a multi-media release, basically. Well if it's good sure, I bought the Clone Wars shorts which fit between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith (and fit much better than the CGI stuff ever will...) and Batman Gotham Knight, which was supposed to be set in the Nolanverse.

Ultimately if it continues a story I like and is good, then sure. I enjoy following an entire story from start to finish. I have the transformer movie tie-in comics too.

Yeah, I like collecting projects which span various releases. Occasionally it can be annoying (like if a game comes out, but it's for a platform you don't want to buy) or they can run it into the ground (like .hack :s) but if it's well done it's fun seeing the story and characters in different mediums.

R

i played kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and i liked them, the only problems i have with this series is that 1 and 2 dont have the full story the *mix* theres a few things missing in them -
a few fights are missing in both
a few items are missing in both
i wish i had the final mix discs and all on ps2 and/or 3
i know it didn't do well but i wish i had chain of memoirs too
theres one on the DS, psp, mobil,
i wish the DS, psp, mobil ect was on a ps3 disc like when saga put all there games on to one format and one disc

Yeah, I hate the way Square-Enix make a million versions of their games, none of which are quite perfect. I bought the Japanese international version of FFX-2 to get the extra character classes (which were cool and well worth it) but the dubbing was all in English and some of the actors made my spine crawl. There was no 100% perfect version available :/

And spin offs which are limited to mobile platforms I don't have are annoying. It's not like consoles where I can just get the console as a standalone if I don't have it already, mobile phones are more fiddly.

R

sorry for changing the subject but -
has anyone noticed when theres a light in the background with blinds in a anime and theres a few people in front of that light, You can see right though the character. iv seen it plenty of times

Have you been watching a lot of series about ghosts? :)

(I can't say I've particularly noticed, but I might just be visualising incorrectly...)

R

Back