Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

Rui said:
I don't have a clue whether it's an accurate synopsis or not, but depending on how it is done I think that can go two ways. One of which is less classy than the other.

Technically though it's not anime's fault, yet.

R

Know Tsutsui, it could be pretty unseemly... the Paprika novel was very overtly sexual and sometimes quite unpleasant for it. At one point a woman is annoyed because a man who was going to rape her fails to satisfy her... (no, really) It's still an interesting book, but Kon's version is superior for all the changes it made.

I suppose for me the difference is in whether it's quirkily sexual (as the Paprika source sounds!) or pandering tripe (as the twee summary makes it seem). I suspect summarising the book in such a sensationalist way does it no favours :s

R

Rui said:
I suppose for me the difference is in whether it's quirkily sexual (as the Paprika source sounds!) or pandering tripe (as the twee summary makes it seem). I suspect summarising the book in such a sensationalist way does it no favours :s

R

it's probably a roller-coster ride of angst as well

Rui said:

R

Quirkily sexual? thats not quirkily sexual. Quirkily sexual is something like dominatrix action but done in the right way so its sexy but not cheap and still relevant to the story. A woman getting raped and then being pissed off her violator didn't statisfy her, that aint quirky or sexy thats slightly disturbing and incredibly stupid.

I haven't read Paprika, but I don't find it a stretch to imagine having a weird sexual outlook. With all of the emotional upheaval of rape, it's not unthinkable that someone out there might react in that way. Especially in a book which touches on the surreal in the first place.

You can summarise most books rather misleadingly in a single paragraph with no context so I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt ^^;

R

Rui said:
I haven't read Paprika, but I don't find it a stretch to imagine having a weird sexual outlook. With all of the emotional upheaval of rape, it's not unthinkable that someone out there might react in that way. Especially in a book which touches on the surreal in the first place.

You can summarise most books rather misleadingly in a single paragraph with no context so I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt ^^;

R

True. Although in the book Iv'e currently being reading it the like the opposite,at times it seems to have misleading single paragraphs which bare no context to the rest of the book lol. Its taken me a long time but I've finally nearly finished Amrita. I will write a review of it shortly.

Rui said:

R

It's a good book, I'm not trying to do it down, but that scene was pretty odd, but I suppose it switches the dominant parties around so there was a purpose to it in a way.

i think everyone's forgot its my birthday my mom and dad hasn't mentioned it to me il just wait and see. i bet no one will remember. last year i woke up went downstairs and i was expecting a happy birthday from my mom before i left for college but i didn't get one, iwent to my nans before i left for college and nothing from her or granddad, i gave a hint * nan what day is it and she said its the 27th wh......omg its your birthday* and i said yes and on my way to college i got a text from my mom saying im sorry i forgot happy birthday. they was both shocked cause its my mom, nan, dad, uncle, always wishes me a happy birthday

Chaz said:
animefreak17 said:
Chaz said:
Have a good'un tomoz A.F.
Chaz where have you been.
and thanks
Grr, offline because I had been at my job one time, house work as soon as I get home and the next thing I'm doing is getting ready for bed... Hardly any free time. Not been a happy boy.
free times important try and find some and have your self a blast cause you remember what happened to johnny from the shining
all work and no play make john and bull boy

Back