Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

Terrible day at work it and just keeps on dragging. If Kids on the Slope Blu Ray isn't awating on my door step when I get in Amazon.co.uk is going to pay!

If they are on a slope, Amazon may not necessarily be at fault if they are absent from the doorstep. Do not discount the possibility of them sliding downhill after delivery.

Life what's it all about

I'm not going to talk about religion or anything like that, I was thinking about stuff lately, what's it all about were born we live and we die and that's the end of it,

It makes you think,

In todays world everything's a mess

Theres wars going on
There's killings and murders
Over population
Staving kids
Hatred

About 50 years ago in the 50s up to 2008 everything was good, I mean yeah there was a few things there and there but things are getting worse and worse,

Let me ask you something, would you bare a child or bring up a child in this day and age,

Theres no jobs even for kids who just left school.
Theres a food crisis
Over population

It's all going to hell now.

What's the reason for us to live with no promising future and sort of world,

Isn't happness our goal in life and everyone is happy,

I mean you could just be living a bad life and them one day die and that's it, and there's no coming back, it's not like you can re set your life or is promised there's a heaven or reincarnation, for all we know that could be nothing after life.

I know life is what you make it but why is it that were living for, in my opinion -

To pass on our genes but like I said, the worlds gone to hell, and I wouldn't raise a baby in this world the way it is,

Yeah I get that we should enjoy our self as we want while were capable but it's just sad that we don't have any answers and were lost in this cold harsh world,

Also people who have illnesses and die young is unfair and people who are old and are in pain,

It's been getting to me all these questions and it scares me where this world is going the way it is and what it all means,

Life is so upsetting, why live if were going to be sad,

AF, you need to watch more cheerful anime.

Sadly people have been suffering and dying all the way through human history, and disillusioned people in every generation will see the depressing side of life.

Personally, I'm living to have fun from day to day. Nobody would want my lame genes anyway :p

R

Re: Life what's it all about

animefreak17 said:
Let me ask you something, would you bare a child or bring up a child in this day and age
No. No I wouldn't. But I get the feeling I would have come to that conclusion even if we were living in a time of relative plenty. My main concern with having children is that they don't actually choose to be alive, you make that choice for them. Life may be a gift, but it may also be a gift someone might not want, and I'm no longer comfortable with that idea.

animefreak17 said:
What's the reason for us to live with no promising future and sort of world
Firstly, let me say I'm not interested in giving people hope because hope doesn't do anything. Only actions produce a result. We either give ourselves a reason for living, or we give ourselves a reason to stop. As long as it's your reason which you have decided upon and no-one has forced you into then in my opinion it's perfectly valid, whether that's resolving to start living the life you want to live or taking a length of rope and stringing yourself from a beam. There have been times in my life I've considered both and there probably will be again, but right now I live in order to be able to continue having experiences I enjoy, nothing more. At this particular moment, when I weigh life up against death I come to the conclusion I'd rather see a few more places, drink a few more beers, read a few more books and play a few more games than cease to exist and not be able to do any of those things.

animefreak17 said:
life is what you make it
It certainly is. So the question you have to ask is "what do I want out of life?" - If you have it, there you go. Carry on. If not, why not try and get it? Maybe you don't know what you want (many of us don't) in which case all you can do is try different things and see if they bring you any more pleasure.

Who says that the money we give gose to those children anyways?

For all we know, all that money gose right in the pockets of the collectors and the staving children dosent get a penny

Re: Life what's it all about

st_owly said:
ilmaestro said:
ayase said:
but it may also be a gift someone might not want, and I'm no longer comfortable with that idea.
This is now my new reason for not giving to charity.
Who asked those African children if they wanted to be saved anyway?
Har har. You can turn down charity if you're not comfortable with accepting it just like you can decline the offer of a biscuit or a cup of tea. No-one tends to bat an eyelid at those things. Saying "Thanks, but no thanks" to life itself and blowing your brains out tends to be seen in a slightly different light... For one thing the tea maker didn't put a couple of decades of their own life into brewing the tea.

Life is pain,
the pain of loss
The pain of physical pain
The pain of suffering

Life is pain and by growing though pain people can mature and see things clearly and knows what needs to be done,

Pain is everywhere and people blame it on others to cover up there own pain by inflicting pain on to them,

Pain is also proof that your really alive
Pain can also make you feel fortunate
Pain is also what makes us to keep going

Pain hurts but you have to deal with it.

Pain pain pain

What the world needs what the world truly needs is a enemy of man kind something thats willing to become humanity's enemy then humans will stand as one to defeat this enemy and after SOOO many years humans will get along as that enemy is there makin us feel pain and when we stand as one then the world will be as one

AF, has something in particular happened to you lately that's brought about all of this gloom and borderline-anime-villain way of thinking? Did the Shamanic Princess art style upset you that much? :(

Humanity will not get along in your lifetime. Even if aliens come and declare themselves the enemy, we'll all bicker about it and tear ourselves apart long before the actual enemy has a chance to try. Society has to mature on its own and that takes time.

As I'm pretty sure I won't be alive to see a day when humanity is a peaceful species, I figure that it's best to figure out how to enjoy life in this deeply flawed world we have today.

R

animefreak17 said:
If everyone suffered
Implying all life is not suffering?

Not that I'm a Buddhist, but I do think the "Four Noble Truths" are a valid observation - Although I draw the opposite conclusion from them. Essentially you can live with both the sadness and joy of life or you can condition yourself to feel neither, but personally I have to question what value there would be in remaining alive once you've transcended emotion to the point where you can't actually feel anything.

animefreak17 said:
What the world needs what the world truly needs is a enemy of man kind something thats willing to become humanity's enemy then humans will stand as one to defeat this enemy and after SOOO many years humans will get along
4iit.jpg

Be careful what you wish for AF. Someone's probably engineering this as we speak...

Back