Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

No worries. You'll clock yourself doing it and be like "WTF!". I kept annoying myself when I was clocking I was doing it hahaha. My new bed is still pretty low so I sleep gooooood.

I really have no idea. Would be interesting to know other peoples bed heights on here! :p

I had a short faux leather bed, then went to a taller faux leather bed, that broke so now i have a lower wooden one with drawers underneath. I've always slept well despite being a troubled sleeper as I've always made sure i've had really good mattresses (mainly why i p*ssed myself off stepping on it! LOL), duvets and pillows so it might be that that helps more so than bed height. who knows!

I had a bunk bed and it was a pain in the ass to climb those ladders every single time and what worse I had to tale the rail off that stopped me from falling off the bed , so I could watch my tv, I haven't fallen off yet and never will now.

And now my bed on the floor it's sooooooooooooooooooooo much easier.

Sounds like bed was a chore for you! lol.
If bed becomes an effort, I guess it's less satisfying. Like I LOVE a freshly made bed. Sweet jesus it's wonderful. Kinda miss it being winter as i always use a feather and down king size duvet for my double bed. It's heaven!

Oh god yes I love that feeling and smell of the fresh sheets,

But another reason why I hated my bunk was,

It takes forever to make, you have to get off it and on it to make it straight and tucked in tight, I think the last time I made it it took me an hour to make

Yeah when i used to have my bed next to a wall tucking in the bedsheet, then the duvet etc at the side was a pain. Now my bed is not next to any wall (cept the headboard) so all I need to tuck in is the sheet that goes on the mattress so making beds now is an easy feat resulting in delightfulness :p

In my opinion and my experiences, I used to have my old old bed in the middle of the and every night my sheets kept Dropping off the bed and waking me up and I thought * sod it* and put it back against the wall, ( my old rooms my sister room now lol)

Hey I was thinking of putting my DVD collection in alphabetical order but there one problem.

Should I put them in order by Japanese name order or English name order?

Well there's a good reason

My shelves was all over the place and wasnt properly enough to do so,

However when my rooms done and has all shelves in it I'l start it like that.

I used to have my films split into genre then alphabetically lmao. My anime is the only thing thats maintained itself in alphabetical order. All my films have gone to hell but ive only got 2 rows of them one behind the other anyway so I'm not arsed tbh.

My anime is alphabetical, my manga is sorted by publisher and line (so Shonen Jump is separate from Shonen Sunday, for example) then alphabetical within that.

All of my things are in alphabetical order but my husband's games are by genre and he refuses to comply with the System! O_O

Actually, my CDs aren't sorted properly any more as I have too many and just pile them up in a cupboard at this point. It's vexing, but since I only rip them once then archive them I rarely have to pull old ones out again anyway.

Sorting manga by publisher is cool. Mine is just alphabetical, except for the doujinshi which are by genre then circle (then age).

R

The system I ultimately settled on was sorting by number of volumes, then alphabetically (films and single volume releases first A-Z, followed by two volume releases A-Z and so on). I found that to be the most aesthetically pleasing.

My cds used to be alpabetical but then also sub-sorted them into alphabetical album name. Didnt really happen with many bands/artists as I rarely wanted their entire discography so Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson are the only ones on my cd stand (collecting dust :p) that take up two shelves of order haha. Like Rui mine will just getted ripped then put back (not in place) whenever I fancy adding them to my Zen.

I used to arrange CDs by artist and in release date order, although like most of you, I have CDs purely for the purpose of ripping them once then putting them away.

st_owly said:
I used to arrange CDs by artist and in release date order
The only acceptable way. ;)

st_owly said:
although like most of you, I have CDs purely for the purpose of ripping them once then putting them away.
B... But the decline in sound quality! The loss of range! (unless you're ripping in FLAC in which case I tip my hat to you). 256kbps mp3 is tolerable for listening with headphones but I wouldn't want to play it through my stereo.

:( All this talk is reminding me of when I used to have nice physical music collection. I spend a huge part of my teenage years obsessing over buying and listening to CDs, I didn't listen to radio and didn't really have internet, so it was pretty much my only source of music. In fact from the age of 12-14 CD's were pretty much my only respite haha, selling in them seemed unthinkable. Then when I was 19 I became desperate and allowed myself to get royally fleeced by Music Magpie or some crap :( I'll never forgive myself, and I don't think I'll ever have a physical music collection again.

I've never been one for neat organisation though, I was much more of the leave things strewn everywhere, at best a perfunctory pile. Kind of annoying, I have OCD tendencies with some things, but sadly not tidy organisation. I even seem to enjoy scattering my clothes about in an as unwieldy way as possible. I like reassure myself that it's because I'm just so damn manly, and it's not a manifestation of a chaotic mental state :lol:

Back