AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Ramen89 said:
...not all that of an impressive lineup though in my opinion, do we really need FMA and Wolf's Rain again?
Well, for people like us who've seen so many shows it may not be, but I think in the wider scheme of anime in general it's quite a balanced lineup.

Well, for people like us who've seen so many shows it may not be, but I think in the wider scheme of anime in general it's quite a balanced lineup.

Yeah I suppose so, just seems a bit odd that they would show those two so soon after they finished on RaptureTV. At least with Bebop it was shown a good few years ago on SciFi, with FMA and Wolf's Rain they only finished a few months ago.

That is an awesome line-up. I'm chuffed to see Bebop back on our screens, it will be make wonderful late night tele, and now everyone will get to see just how great a show Planetes really is. I'm glad they are finally using a proper timeslot too - anime works best at late night when students don't have to force others away from the TV. I always loved watching the Sci-Fi channel at like midnight when stuff like Evangelion and Blue Gender was airing.

Manga Ent's involvement seems to have been overrated or just mistakenly involved by Newtype USA.

I used to love watching Sci-Fi too Paul. That's where i first seen Dominion Tank Police and Street Fighter, which were brilliant.

I may have to sign upto sky for this, we shall see.

Sweet, great news. moving house soon so will have to sign up for Sky instead of virgin media :D

Theres a few anime in the line up that i have always wanted to watch so will be looking forward to this.

OK interesting. Again I wish I had Sky. Don't exactly have the funds for it.

I just hope this really takes off. I think we all want it to get the audience and be able to afford the fees. We don't want them not having enough money to pay that greedy ******** Rupert Murdock. I guess this will be Manga and Bees' Tv outlet for their liescences (well ADV are not tied up with Bravo or whoever). If Revelation got involved with the FUNimation stuff it would be complete.

It would be nice for series to be put on TV before DVD now but that looks unlikely.

The same old shows... I don't have Sky, but I probably wouldn't watch if I did. It'll be interesting to see if this one sticks, though I can't imagine people will be able to watch daily up to 6PM.

No, I have to be in bed @ like... 12am, though I worded it wrong, I gotta sleep for college when I go in September, I just don't sit up all night. >_>

The times are bad consider most animes will air midnight. I not too concerned with the animes that are running dispite they are the same animes that have already been shown on rapture tv such as Fullmetal and Wolf Rain.
Cowboy Bebop seen.

The other lot they said do not really impress me but I sure there will be more than.

I guess we can all look at this in a positive way that we now are going to have are first anime channel.

Back