AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Fudce said:
I've got the issue of Newtype USA (July2007) in front of me, and this is the exact quote (bolding by me)
Meanwhile, anime sneaks back onto the airwaves with ADV's Anime Network grabing an experimental two-hour sot on Sky Channel 195 (Propeller TV) and Manga Entertainment trying something similar with Chart Show TV.

However, I also received the August 2007 issue of Newtype USA today, and it has a further snippet, that could possibly include a broadcast date.
And to end on a crypric note, Beez's rep chooses this month to drop a hint about yet another broadcast oportunity in the anime world. For August, we are told: "Expect the final volumes of some of our old series such as My-HiME, as well as our latest acquisition, .hack//Roots! Also expect in September a lot of Beez titles to be coming to TV..."

Thanks for those. Just to make a comment here... I think it is utterly ridiculous that UK news is published in an American magazine and these press releases are never heard of anywhere in the UK. Great :?

DaNiMe said:
Thanks for those. Just to make a comment here... I think it is utterly ridiculous that UK news is published in an American magazine and these press releases are never heard of anywhere in the UK. Great :?

The news is posted in the "UK Column" of the magazine, written by Jonathon Clements.

Ryo Chan said:
oh dear oh dear, nothing like scaring off anime fans by using the blue water dub of mai hime XD

they killed a great show
Lets not start bashing the dub in a positive thread. And I happen to like quite a few Blue Water dubs. (My HiME has it's positive points too)

thekendyman said:
Ryo Chan said:
oh dear oh dear, nothing like scaring off anime fans by using the blue water dub of mai hime XD

they killed a great show

Well things could have been worse And 4 kids could of got their hands on it :p

scary, i think 4kids would of done a better job casting it, Shizuru is not texan :/

but yes as said above, enough dub bashing, if Bandai is involved maybe even Eureka 7 might make it on screen

That's Manga, and Beez confirmed, I can't see ADV, MVM and Revelation sitting this one out either. We'll know this weekend.

Fudce said:
DaNiMe said:

The news is posted in the "UK Column" of the magazine, written by Jonathon Clements.

That doesn't change that fact that it's not published in the UK... That would be like having a French colomn in The Times.

This does sound pretty good. As a guy with Freeview I'm not getting my hopes up on seeing it.

What would be the likelyhood of a dedicated channel showing subtited anime?

I kind of feel guilty for not reporting the animecentral license, I thought you all knew.

As for the developments today this is great news, I think with Manga on board this channel has a bright future. Noein, Ghost in the Shell, Bleach and possibly Blood+ could give this channel a formidable line up.

Am I the only person thinking this will take away the specialty of being anime fan with people not knowing what anime is?.

Still. Its nice just to constantly watch anime when sitting on a sofa. Especially with the bad dubs and all. :D

J_C_X said:
Well back at the story in hand, do you think at Amecon do you think they will announce launch date/line up?
Hum...honestly, I hope they have the balls to go "full" channel with this one. That and they could Bitch-slap the hell out of Jetix by saying "You want the real naruto?" or something like that.

Jayme said:
Am I the only person thinking this will take away the specialty of being anime fan with people not knowing what anime is?.
No, that's just being like... somewhat elitist, plus a lot of people know what anime is, even though they attempt to avoid it and dub it is "Kids cartoons" and stuff, like my mom. D:

Lupus Inu said:
Jayme said:
No, that's just being like... somewhat elitist, plus a lot of people know what anime is, even though they attempt to avoid it and dub it is "Kids cartoons" and stuff, like my mom. D:

After hearing the word elitist. I re-track my statement.

Back